1964 Ears
Aug 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #3,331 of 7,417
Got my V3's in the mail today and I'm in the process of burning them a bit.  So far, I'm pretty impressed.  They nailed the bass in particular...

Aug 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #3,332 of 7,417
Quote:
^^Nice. I received an email a while ago to let me know my new impressions look good. So now the 4-6 week wait begins. Looks like mid Sept. early Oct.
etysmile.gif

LUCKY! I gotta wait a week and a half before I can ship them off....can't stand it.

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #3,333 of 7,417
Quote:
LUCKY! I gotta wait a week and a half before I can ship them off....can't stand it.

I can relate.
I had my 1st impressions done two weeks ago today after a weeks wait on the appointment only to be told they were no good. so another 3 day wait(luckly I got in so soon) for a new appointment with the audiologist. So I'm already into it 3 weeks.
Patience is not my strong suit, but now that they are at 1964 headquarters and being made I will just try to relax and I guess I'll see them when I see them. Could be sooner than I think and that would make for a nice surprise.
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #3,334 of 7,417
Quote:
I can relate.
I had my 1st impressions done two weeks ago today after a weeks wait on the appointment only to be told they were no good. so another 3 day wait(luckly I got in so soon) for a new appointment with the audiologist. So I'm already into it 3 weeks.
Patience is not my strong suit, but now that they are at 1964 headquarters and being made I will just try to relax and I guess I'll see them when I see them. Could be sooner than I think and that would make for a nice surprise.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, patience is an art. Getting  the "Your impressions need to be redone" email had to suck.
confused_face.gif

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #3,336 of 7,417
Quote:
Ok, they just received my impressions, got a paypal invoice. Paid that... now to wait...
Are you guys seeing a 6 week turn around time? :frowning2:

i ordered it on june 12 and i'm still waiting.  i sent them a mail on Aug 4th asking if they receive the order and they confirmed they did and when i asked them again if they get it done and shipped to the distributor, waited 3 days(got the reply on the 7th) saying, here i quoted "not yet, they'll be shipping out next week".  and today(aug 19th), i got a call from the distributor still asking about the artwork. 

never had that "experience" with ue, jh and um......

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #3,337 of 7,417
hmmm ok that's not promising. I might pay the extra and go the priority build.
Did you actually pay on June 12? Or you put through the order on June 12?
AFAIK, they don't actually start building until, impressions are received AND you've paid.
Quote:
i ordered it on june 12 and i'm still waiting.  i sent them a mail on Aug 4th asking if they receive the order and they confirmed they did and when i asked them again if they get it done and shipped to the distributor, waited 3 days(got the reply on the 7th) saying, here i quoted "not yet, they'll be shipping out next week".  and today(aug 19th), i got a call from the distributor still asking about the artwork. 

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #3,338 of 7,417
Quote:

Never had that experience with UM? Have you read the UM thread at all ?

This is not typical of 1964 and I wonder why... In my experience, they've always had the fastest turn around times and a great customer service.

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #3,339 of 7,417
Quote:
Never had that experience with UM? Have you read the UM thread at all ?

This is not typical of 1964 and I wonder why... In my experience, they've always had the fastest turn around times and a great customer service.

no i have not read the um thread(you probably could search from the thread.  i posted there before, very early more like 2, 3 years?), i had two iems with them  one a remold and a um4.  i got them both within a month.  still sound great.

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #3,340 of 7,417
Quote:
hmmm ok that's not promising. I might pay the extra and go the priority build.
Did you actually pay on June 12? Or you put through the order on June 12?
AFAIK, they don't actually start building until, impressions are received AND you've paid.

ooh i paid way earlier.  before june to the distributor

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #3,342 of 7,417
Quote:
Wonder if the distributor is the issue... I'll let you know when I get mine. Hopefully before my trip to SG for the F1 :)

the point is they mislead(lied) about about saying ready to ship two weeks ago and when they're not getting it done or ready.  if they needed the time, they could simply say they're not ready and needed more time, i would be ok about it.  i was only asking for an update.  i was not rushing/pressuring them. 

i also have another order(same distributor, same date ordering it) with another vendor and i did they same thing, sending a mail about asking for an update.  they simply said they needed more time.  i was only asking for an honest update.  nothing more. 

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #3,343 of 7,417
Have you tried calling them and asking for a resonable explanation as to why they told you that?
I would give them the benefit of the doubt until you talk to someone in the office. I understand you sent them an email, but it's easier to shine someone on when it's through email. You should call them and ask for an explanation.

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #3,344 of 7,417
This is what I've received from Anastasia.
I told them I will touch base end of this month to see if it's on track. Hopefully there are no rush builds that slip in before me. 
triportsad.gif

1964 Quote:
"your order should arrive the first week of September using the standard build time so I don’t believe the rush fee is necessary."

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #3,345 of 7,417
Quote:
This is what I've received from Anastasia.
I told them I will touch base end of this month to see if it's on track. Hopefully there are no rush builds that slip in before me. 
triportsad.gif

Good news. I got mine in a week ahead of you so mine should be end of this month...
Fueltank... What color(s) combo/art did you choose? I went with solid blue shells and white faceplates with the 1964 logo in side cursive in gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back