1964 Ears
Jun 17, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #2,536 of 7,417

Quote:
The artwork is from (and a reference to) Pink Floyd's "The Wall" double album/movie.  Roger Waters still lets loose the balloon pig at his shows.

Bingo. But, the Pig is actually a reference to the album Animals, which is my all time favorite album.
There is some speculation that it is loosely based on the Novel Animal Farm by George Orwell, but no member of PF has confirmed it.

I was fortunate enough to be able to go to a show from Roger Waters' recent tour of The Wall, and it was truly and awesome experience.
Have been listening to Pink Floyd for years, and am still able to find new things in all their music. Truly amazing.

Even more amazing on my new Triples. It has been three days since I got them, and I am loving them more and more.

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #2,537 of 7,417

Finally... Can't wait til get them in the mail... My ear shape looks rather odd compared to most custom IEMs. -Self Concious-

Jun 18, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #2,538 of 7,417
My impressions should be arriving in Portland tomorrow for some Triples. I'm already impatient 
biggrin.gif
 Hopefully I can get them back in time for my trip as it would be a good time test the fit and sound extensively. 

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #2,540 of 7,417
If you like Dubstep, save up your pennies for a while and get the Quads. The bass on the Quads is visceral. I was listening to some Dubstep with Earsonics SM3s and thought "nice bass and maybe even a little sub-bass". Listening to the same tracks with the Quads I thought "Oh, now I get what this genre is all about!".

well Im not really into bass anymore. more of a detail clarity person. wanting to hear everything in it true sound

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #2,541 of 7,417
Jun 18, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #2,542 of 7,417
Cigarillofiend: Those look great, and not too abnormal as far as I can tell. Perhaps a little "skinny" from top to bottom but not too weird. Is that real carbon fiber, in the larger weave? I thought I read somewhere that they were discontinuing that option because it was too expensive. As it is, their website now shows $50 for printed CF, and $100 for real. Maybe you got one of the last ones?

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #2,543 of 7,417

Quote:
Cigarillofiend: Those look great, and not too abnormal as far as I can tell. Perhaps a little "skinny" from top to bottom but not too weird. Is that real carbon fiber, in the larger weave? I thought I read somewhere that they were discontinuing that option because it was too expensive. As it is, their website now shows $50 for printed CF, and $100 for real. Maybe you got one of the last ones?

Yeah, They discontinued the authentic large weave, so I may be one of the last ones who got this option. I paid $50 for the authentic carbon fiber before the price went up to $100.

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #2,544 of 7,417

Quote:
Yeah, They discontinued the authentic large weave, so I may be one of the last ones who got this option. I paid $50 for the authentic carbon fiber before the price went up to $100.

Where does it say that? I know I read it but can't find where, and it is driving me crazy. 

Whatever the case I'm glad I got mine. I don't care as much for the smaller weave.

Jun 18, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #2,545 of 7,417

Quote:
Where does it say that? I know I read it but can't find where, and it is driving me crazy. 

Whatever the case I'm glad I got mine. I don't care as much for the smaller weave.

It's on their facebook. On the comparison of authentic vs printed carbon fiber picture.

Quote: 1964 Ears
we no longer offer the large weave- its very difficult to work with.

Me too; The smaller weave looks a bit odd to me since I'm more used to the larger type weave being around cars. On top of that, the larger weave is exclusive to 1964 Ears and Fisher Audio. I don't think any other company does the large weave.

Jun 19, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #2,546 of 7,417

Quote:
It's on their facebook. On the comparison of authentic vs printed carbon fiber picture.

Me too; The smaller weave looks a bit odd to me since I'm more used to the larger type weave being around cars. On top of that, the larger weave is exclusive to 1964 Ears and Fisher Audio. I don't think any other company does the large weave.

Could you post the link to Fisher Audio's webpage on custom IEM's please? I've been searching for it but can't find it.
So far I'm seeing 1964 EARS as the only company using authentic carbon fibre though, both large and small weave, so I'm thinking that's a unique feature there for them regardless of the weave size. Just heard here the fisher audio does have the authentic carbon fibre and would like to see that for comparisons please.
From what I see, JH Audio Carbon Fibre looks pretty much imitated, like the printout one from 1964 EARS.

Jun 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #2,547 of 7,417

Quote:

Could you post the link to Fisher Audio's webpage on custom IEM's please? I've been searching for it but can't find it.
So far I'm seeing 1964 EARS as the only company using authentic carbon fibre though, both large and small weave, so I'm thinking that's a unique feature there for them regardless of the weave size. Just heard here the fisher audio does have the authentic carbon fibre and would like to see that for comparisons please.
From what I see, JH Audio Carbon Fibre looks pretty much imitated, like the printout one from 1964 EARS.

Fisher Hearing, not Fisher Audio.

Jun 19, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #2,548 of 7,417

Quote:

http://www.inearz.com/

Check the Fisher Hearing Remold Owners appreciation thread, Some of them are very nicely done. If I hadn't gone with the 1964-T; I might've went with the UE Triple.Fi 10 remolded by Fisher... My favorite would be these:

Quote:
Fisher Hearing, not Fisher Audio.

Yes, It's Fisher Hearing, Sorry. I always get the two brands mixed up. Fisher Hearing and Fischer Audio are totally separate however.

*anyway, sorry for the offtopic post, in the 1964Ears thread. Just wanted to help a fellow head-fier with his question.

Jun 21, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #2,549 of 7,417
After waiting for what felt like an eternity, I have finally received my triples. I am currently listening to them as I type, and Oh my god... I think my ears have been raped by the amazing sound. Whoever said Triples didn't have bass, needs a slap to the face. (kidding.. maybe) I consider myself a basshead, and the triples have very punchy, tight bass with some strong backed impact thats not too overwhelming. I will now forever wonder what the quads sound like since the triples sound so amazing already.

Anywho, onto quality. It's definitely topnotch... The pictures do not do these things justice. The carbon fiber has a sort of glistening holographic shine to it, which I found very beautiful. There are no bubbles, the shell is perfect.

Since these are my first customs, they feel a bit loose since Im more used to deep triple flanges, but I'll get used to these eventually.

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #2,550 of 7,417
Congrats.. Anastasia emailed me yesterday stating my quads should ship out by the week/end.. YES! The anticipation since I ordered these has made the wait feel like this was the longest month EVER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back