1964 Ears
May 28, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #2,431 of 7,417
Same here for me. The shell seems rather too big and stands out a little bit even though they already had to make some driver clearance bubbles in the shell (maybe my ears aren't big?). Sleeping on my side puts pressure on my ears.

Quote:
How comfortable do you guys find them for laying down on? I had my TF10's remolded, and while I'm having them re-done (the mold causes discomfort), I was dissapointed to learn that I cant lay down on my sides with them on without feeling pressure on the bowl of my ears; I'm just trying to gauge if it's just my remolds or if its a common tradeoff on customs.
With other universals(IE8 for example) they dont bother me one bit when lying down or sleeping.

May 29, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #2,433 of 7,417

Ive only had mine for 3 days now and my right ear is quite sore from them, but yes, if i lay down and it presses on the back part of the shell it causes severe pain in my ear canal as a result of the monitor pressing against the edge of my skull in the ear canal. This may just be me though because my skull is shaped like a typical person 1200 years ago, so my ear canals are slightly different than normal. But i suspect its still normal since custom IEM's do go in pretty deep.

But is it normal that you have some discomfort from wearing customs the first time?
Quote:
Same here for me. The shell seems rather too big and stands out a little bit even though they already had to make some driver clearance bubbles in the shell (maybe my ears aren't big?). Sleeping on my side puts pressure on my ears.

May 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #2,434 of 7,417

Quote:

But is it normal that you have some discomfort from wearing customs the first time?

Yes it is normal if these are your first customs. Your ears are not used to having such a large piece of acrylic inside your ears. Earphones are much smaller and definitely do not fill up so much of your ear. You might feel some discomfort but it should never cause you pain. It should take some time to get used to customs.

May 29, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #2,435 of 7,417
Hey guys I was thinking of getting one of these but I wanted to know which is better the S or D version. Im mainly going to use it for outside use. with my source of ipod touch or nano with e11 amp.
Music choice well its only all kinds of rock and techno dubstep and little of hip hop

May 29, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #2,436 of 7,417

Quote:
Hey guys I was thinking of getting one of these but I wanted to know which is better the S or D version. Im mainly going to use it for outside use. with my source of ipod touch or nano with e11 amp.
Music choice well its only all kinds of rock and techno dubstep and little of hip hop

you should ask 1964ears. I havent come across a review for the single armature custom yet, but I'm willing to bet that the duals or triples will be more your style. I hope Sil3nce can finish his review of the duals; based on his initial impressions, they seem to be quite a bargain.

May 30, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #2,437 of 7,417
My experience echos the same statement. It took me about 4-5 days to adjust to the "pressure" of my customs. Once I did however, I don't notice them anymore and they disappeared during use. I had sore ears on the first day of extensive use (about 3 hours straight) but haven't had any issues since then (had them on for almost 5 hours straight yesterday).

Quote:

Yes it is normal if these are your first customs. Your ears are not used to having such a large piece of acrylic inside your ears. Earphones are much smaller and definitely do not fill up so much of your ear. You might feel some discomfort but it should never cause you pain. It should take some time to get used to customs.

May 30, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #2,438 of 7,417
I dont know which one is fitting the most correctly buy it seems there's a difference in the isolation etc of the right and left ear, the right one fits REALLY snugly and i can always feel a pressure while wearing it, but its isolating very well. The left one i dont feel at all but it doesnt seem to isolate all that much sound and its not needed to do the turning motion to remove it, i can allmost just pop it out like a normal iem...I mean, they sound wonderful and i dont feel like waiting 3 months and paying a lot of customs, but it seems to me that the fit isn't all that perfect...? 

May 30, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #2,439 of 7,417

Quote:
I dont know which one is fitting the most correctly buy it seems there's a difference in the isolation etc of the right and left ear, the right one fits REALLY snugly and i can always feel a pressure while wearing it, but its isolating very well. The left one i dont feel at all but it doesnt seem to isolate all that much sound and its not needed to do the turning motion to remove it, i can allmost just pop it out like a normal iem...I mean, they sound wonderful and i dont feel like waiting 3 months and paying a lot of customs, but it seems to me that the fit isn't all that perfect...? 

With the phones in, snap your fingers next to each ear. Does the snapping sound muffled or does one side sound different (clearer/crisper) than the other? If so, then one of your phones may not fit correctly (i.e., not sealing within your ear canal, which reduces bass response and the overall quality of sound).

May 30, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #2,440 of 7,417
Yea, as mentioned the left one isn't sealing as well as the right, and i definitely hear more outside noise from that side...

May 30, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #2,442 of 7,417
Yea...but thats, at the pace they made them in, gonna take at least 2 months and im going to pay like 200$ for it, which i don't have 
frown.gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #2,443 of 7,417
Got my triples today.  So far, treble is pretty strong.  To me, it has plenty of bass. I'll post pics later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back