1964 Ears
Apr 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #2,206 of 7,417

Quote:
I thought Triples=treble focused, Quads=bass focused? (Boiled down and simplified a whole lot, of course.)

from reviews and my own experience, I would say the quads are bass focused and the triples are balanced (no emphasis on the treble, unlike grados)

Apr 23, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #2,207 of 7,417
I agree with ericp. There's a general level of what is acceptable or decent for IEM's. However what is considered the best sound signature varies from one individual to another.

To each his own. 
etysmile.gif

Apr 23, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #2,208 of 7,417
I do not consider the 1964-T to be treble heavy. In fact I don't consider them to emphasize any particular range. They are pretty balanced to my ears. Yes there is a slight roll off but at $350 there was little to lose. My other custom has better bass extension as well as overall refinement but that one cost much more than $350.

Apr 25, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #2,210 of 7,417

Quote:
I've seen this colour scheme a couple of times.  Does anybody know what colour combination allows you to see through like this?

http://assets.head-fi.org/5/5e/5e4f7d32_untitled003.jpg

When ordering your pair, specify you would like a transparency akin to this ^ and give them this picture as a specific reference. It's what I did and it worked out pretty well, aside from the fact that they did not reproduce the colour exactly as I asked them to, they gave me a slightly darker colour.

Apr 25, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #2,211 of 7,417
I’ve received my 1964Q remolded..
I must comment that 1964 has done a good job with the shell and having it shipped in good time. Not to mention the promised sound.

However I’m utterly disappointed with the followings…

1) They printed my initials wrongly this time.

2) The fit is still wrong. This time after remold the left monitor is almost perfect but the right monitor is slightly loose! resulting in discomfort too. My god! A complete reversal. I can break the seal of the right monitor by a slight backward push and the 5 to 6 o’clock position will lose seal.

It’s a hassle all this while honestly. But i appreciate their patience. thumbs up for good service with 1964Ears.

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #2,212 of 7,417

Quote:
I must comment that 1964 has done a good job with the shell and having it shipped in good time. Not to mention the promised sound.

2) The fit is still wrong. This time after remold the left monitor is almost perfect but the right monitor is slightly loose! resulting in discomfort too. My god! A complete reversal. I can break the seal of the right monitor by a slight backward push and the 5 to 6 o’clock position will lose seal.

It’s a hassle all this while honestly. But i appreciate their patience. thumbs up for good service with 1964Ears.

Ok my question is why on earth they did remold your right earpiece if it was fine?!

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #2,213 of 7,417

Quote:

What were the problems with the earpieces and what did you tell them to change? I have issues with my left side not getting a seal easily and breaking seal too easily but I'm not too sure what to tell them. And I'm hesitant about sending the earphones in because it'd mean another month or so of wait for an uncertain result..

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #2,214 of 7,417

Quote:
Ok my question is why on earth they did remold your right earpiece if it was fine?!

The left was too loose and right was causing discomfort on my inner ear... now after remold the left is ok pretty good. but the right is just a bit loose and not quite perfectly confortable. =/

It's pretty hard to pinpoint the problem at times

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #2,215 of 7,417
hi there. i totally feel for you. i had the same problem of trying to pinpoint the issue too... i just told them i had fit issue and we came to the arrangement of doing another impression as i had a feeling that the silicon impression was a bad job

Quote:
What were the problems with the earpieces and what did you tell them to change? I have issues with my left side not getting a seal easily and breaking seal too easily but I'm not too sure what to tell them. And I'm hesitant about sending the earphones in because it'd mean another month or so of wait for an uncertain result..

Apr 25, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #2,217 of 7,417
I've basically decided to get these but am having a hard time deciding about the different options. From reading through the various threads, it sounds like the recessed sockets is many a cosmetic issue, although there may be some difficulty getting other replacement cords (not from 1964 Ears) with the recessed. I'm having a hard time figuring out about the soft canal and the full silicone mold. I understand what those options mean -- but do they significantly increase comfort (or affect sound in any way)? After wearing non-custom IEMs for a while my ears often feel it. I assume customs would largely deal with this issue -- but would a silicone canal mean you'd be even less likely to feel them even after having them in for a while? Along those same lines, is a full silicone option more comfortable in any way than canals? I've searched through the various 1964 threads and couldn't find anything about this specific issue...which maybe means it's not something that makes that big a deal?

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #2,218 of 7,417
I don't know that anyone has mentioned getting the silicone options from 1964. The full silicone is $100 extra and since many people gravitate towards 1964 based on price, I suspect they don't sell a ton of silicone models. Plus it was not mentioned on the website until more recently. Plus you can only get them in clear which further excludes people who want cool colors or artwork.

The silicone canal option is an even more recent addition. I might have gone for those if they had them back when I ordered, but it isn't really a huge deal. I suspect a few people may try them though, and maybe we will see some opinions pop up. If I ever go for the quads in the future I'll probably get silicone canals. 

But to better answer your question: as long as you have a good deep fit, the full acrylic shells are plenty comfortable.

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #2,220 of 7,417

Quote:
The silicone canal option is an even more recent addition. I might have gone for those if they had them back when I ordered, but it isn't really a huge deal. I suspect a few people may try them though, and maybe we will see some opinions pop up. If I ever go for the quads in the future I'll probably get silicone canals. 

But to better answer your question: as long as you have a good deep fit, the full acrylic shells are plenty comfortable.

Ahhh -- got it. The recent addition explains why there wasn't much talk. I thought I had to be missing something -- I couldn't imagine 150 pages on head-fi that hadn't gone over every option in minute detail...

Quote:
Silicone vs acryl gives very different sound

In what way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back