1964 Ears
Apr 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #2,133 of 7,417

Quote:
I recieved my Quads today. Unfortunately the fit is bad in my left ear so I'm going to have to identify the problem. Did someone earlier post a link to a tool which helps you identify the problem areas to help with the refit? I'd appreciate a pointer.

I'll be taking pictures at the weekend but overall I'm a little disappointed by the build quality and finish. This may however be due to the size and shape of my ears in part. I'm wary to describe the sound as I cannot get a satisfactory seal on the left unit but it sounds very promising.

I had a feeling that my impressions were badly taken. I think if I have problems with the refit and need impressions retaken I'm going to be contacting the audiologist and requesting a free replacement impression or a refund.

Hi chocky900 ,

I know this video I made is about my JH Audio, and I'm talking in portuguese =P But you will be able to see how Noy made my ears impresssion, and my fit is perfect.

http://youtu.be/27yr9nwBUYQ?hd=1

Rodrigo Pita

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #2,134 of 7,417
My Quads are coming in tomorrow; pictures to come! After reading some of the thread, I'm a bit nervous about the fit 
confused_face.gif

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #2,135 of 7,417

Quote:
My Quads are coming in tomorrow; pictures to come! After reading some of the thread, I'm a bit nervous about the fit 
confused_face.gif

I think this is just one of the risks of customs. There have been a bunch of fit issues over on the UE Appreciation thread from people who got fitted at the Bay Area meet.

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #2,136 of 7,417
Yeah, after a few years with Universals I finally bit the bullet and went for customs. The fit seems good so far, maybe a little too snug on the right side. I'll have to re-access after a few days of use.

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #2,137 of 7,417
Well guess what just appeared in the mail today. Just this afternoon I checked the package tracking and discovered it had arrived in Singapore, and immediately assumed that I'd have to wait till tuesday given the fact that it had to get through customs and through the post office sorting. And imagine my surprise when I came home this night and my brother handed me a USPS package. Anyway sound is excellent, and exactly what I've been hoping for, albeit perhaps with slightly less bass and lacking a bit of air in the trebles. But I am one satisfied customer. I wouldn't call fit perfect, because it feels rather uncomfortable now, but it's not painfully so so I'm just attributing it to a lack of experience with custom earphones, anyone care to comment on this? Seal is great, I can hear nothing when they're in and playing music. Seal only gets broken in my left ear if I stretch my jaw all the way to the left, which I would never do in any normal circumstance anyway, so I'm fine with that. Looks like my needless angsting over my closed-mouth impressions were unnecessary. Build quality is completely satisfactory.

Pics: Keep in mind these were edited for curves-contrast to make the colours stand out more, which results in the colours in the pictures being slightly darker than they are in real life. Will include one unedited one for reference.

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #2,138 of 7,417
These look real nice.
I just send my impressions a week ago to get me the Triples.
What colorcodes did you get?I requested dragon red for the right side and royal blue for left(translucent)

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #2,139 of 7,417
Those look fantastic @ kennipark and nightslayer!!
beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #2,140 of 7,417
Quote:
These look real nice.
I just send my impressions a week ago to get me the Triples.
What colorcodes did you get?I requested dragon red for the right side and royal blue for left(translucent)

I asked for dragon red for the right and ice blue for the left, specifying the transparency (and colour) of the TF10 remould on their facebook page (I believe he put up pictures in this thread as well, I fell in love with the colour). They turned out exactly as I would want them to. I believe with the colour scheme you specified you'd get something slightly darker than what I have.

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #2,142 of 7,417
Been following this thread since day one, based on reviews and build quality, I jumped on and ordered my pair back on March 12th. I will update when they arrive with pictures  and a brief on how they fit and sound. I think I went a little overboard on mine, custom engraving, carbon fiber, custom color, lol, we will see how it turns out though.  I'm checking my email several times a day for the tracking number, lol. Thanks to everyone who has been posting pictures and reviews, it has helped me out tremendously.

Thanks,
Danh
Fellow Head-Fi lurcher

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #2,144 of 7,417
Thanks Aleki - unfortunately they're just black. I think the reflection of the desk and outside made it appear slightly navy/purple. That would be a nice touch but I didn't want to pay the additional $25 or so. 

Can anyone post a photo of their Quads or Trips. Specifically a macro shot of the dual bores? I want to make sure mine looks normal. I would post a photo of mine but I can't seem to get a good shot through my iphone. Much appreciated!

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #2,145 of 7,417

I had the same peoblem with fit and i would suggest a remold with a new impression.. well, more waiting too.

It's hard to say who's fault was it. perhaps the ear impression was idling in 1964 office while in queue and it turned bad or it's a bad job by the audiologist . w

Quote:
I recieved my Quads today. Unfortunately the fit is bad in my left ear so I'm going to have to identify the problem. Did someone earlier post a link to a tool which helps you identify the problem areas to help with the refit? I'd appreciate a pointer.

I'll be taking pictures at the weekend but overall I'm a little disappointed by the build quality and finish. This may however be due to the size and shape of my ears in part. I'm wary to describe the sound as I cannot get a satisfactory seal on the left unit but it sounds very promising.

I had a feeling that my impressions were badly taken. I think if I have problems with the refit and need impressions retaken I'm going to be contacting the audiologist and requesting a free replacement impression or a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back