1964 Ears
Mar 21, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #1,831 of 7,417
Well Aleksey did say that it is a turnaround of 30 days right now.  I asked him to change the website in the FAQ section... but they didn't.  I am a super impatient person, but I am working on it.  This is good for me. 

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #1,832 of 7,417
Hi! I'm getting either a pair of 1964 triple or jh 5 pro! Are they even in terms of sound quality or do the triple drivers in the 1964 make fir a better sound? Also, jh 5 pro is a bit more famous and it seems that they have a higher quality on their iems, read somebad things about the finish of the 1964 in this thread. Please give me your opinions as this is very important when putting down so much( at least for me) money into headphones!

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #1,834 of 7,417
For what it's worth, the build quality of my Quads is excellent.  There are no air bubbles, scuffs, cracks, or anything undesirable.

Quote:
Hi! I'm getting either a pair of 1964 triple or jh 5 pro! Are they even in terms of sound quality or do the triple drivers in the 1964 make fir a better sound? Also, jh 5 pro is a bit more famous and it seems that they have a higher quality on their iems, read somebad things about the finish of the 1964 in this thread. Please give me your opinions as this is very important when putting down so much( at least for me) money into headphones!

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #1,835 of 7,417

Quote:

No build issues as far as I can see, not even that recessed bore that someone wrote about a number of pages back.

Mar 21, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #1,837 of 7,417

Hey ummagawd,

I've never used the Qs at a club as good ol' headphones are much more convenient to us when mixing... Also, I would be worried to break my quads in a club setting (drunk people, etc).

That being said, I don't think that the quads are severely coloured in terms of the bass department. Yes, there are on the warmer side to me, the bass driver is well controlled and ready to go full throttle when the song calls for it. Like I said, I haven't found the bass to ever overpower the mids or highs. Just deep and impactful, not over bloated. 

At home I use them out of my UDAC2 and have been very happy with the results. That being said, even on the go, straight out of my iPod, I'm still very very happy with what I'm hearing. 

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Cheers.
Quote:
inmotion... very helpful thank you. I too listen to deadmau5 (and others of the like) and the only time i really get to appreciate the music and all of its individual instruments/sounds is when i listen at home on my studio monitors. I think with your scenario, however... you're in it for SQ first before the DJ'ing as the priority list right? Have you had a chance to use the Qs at a club or other venue to DJ? Also... do you listen straight from your source with no amp/pre-amp/DAC?

Sometimes I'm forgetting that the reviews here are based on sources that have additional points of influence along their line source.

For everyone else chiming in.... thank you (although my wallet does NOT).

Is it safe to assume at this point, with today's technology, that a single driver just will NOT deliver as wide of a spectrum and with clarity as having multiple drivers (in terms of looking for a neutral response)?

I think what it's going to come down to, is whether or not i would really use the IEM's outside of it's intended DJing duties, to the extent that the extra SQ from having multiple drivers would be worth it. If 90% DJing... I'm guessing a single will do the job just fine, and anything other than these cheap pioneer IEM's will sound better at the gym. And if I decide to extend music listening to other areas of my life (i work at a call center and not hearing my neighbors is sounding like a good idea... pun intended), I'll get Ts or Qs.

One last question... going with Q's wouldn't have an adverse affect if I normally keep my EQ levels flat when DJing right? When I adjust EQ's for certain mixing effects... it's usually to go down. The only time I ever boost levels is when I have a crappy recording of a track, or an older track that simply lacks bass/kick.

For simple listening, i honestly would probably never touch the EQ off my iphone.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #1,838 of 7,417
I think I posted a photo or two a couple weeks ago.  When my Quads get back from getting etched and refitted I will post more detailed images (at least the best images my iPhone can muster).

Quote:
It's be nice if some of the existing owners could try to take some photographs showing different aspects to the Facebook pics.

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #1,839 of 7,417
My Quads arrive tomorrow!  Vitaliy and Aleksey were nice enough to get them done over the weekend and ship overnight so they would get here for my birthday.  A little over 20 days for me, but I'm a patient guy, mostly...  I have found the owners and staff at 1964 Ears to be nothing but gracious in my dealings with them so far.

I can't wait!  I turn 52 tomorrow, and I still feel like a kid waiting for a new toy...

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #1,845 of 7,417
They look great Sho0sh. Nice choice. Looking forward to seeing mine up there too.

Re: inside 20 working days, I'd like to hope with you but from customer feedback in here build time is closer to thirty days, just to be prepared. One it hits over 20working days for me, Monday, ill mail for an update and let you all know the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back