1964 Ears
Mar 17, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #1,786 of 7,417

Quote:
rawrster, if they do not offer to refit both earpieces for free, might I suggest looking into kozeesoundsolutions for a refit, adam offered me $20 for both earpieces (or one, not sure which one though)but $20 sure beats $50  in my book

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll have to look into that if I need a refit beyond the 30 days.

Mar 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #1,787 of 7,417
It looks like the problem resolved itself. 1964 Ears sent me an email 45 min ago saying they will do both ears for $15 which is more reasonable since that was what they mentioned in the email. I didn't mention that I told them about it already and that they told me the price of shipping so an oversight by me. I was going to send them a copy of the email anyway. They do read this thread once in a while :p

@Region2: Their policy on refits is that if you have a fit issue and let them know prior to 30 days they will not charge anything (you cover shipping to them) until the issue is fixes as long as it is the same issue. If it is something different like my case they will charge.

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #1,788 of 7,417

Quote:
It looks like the problem resolved itself. 1964 Ears sent me an email 45 min ago saying they will do both ears for $15 which is more reasonable since that was what they mentioned in the email. I didn't mention that I told them about it already and that they told me the price of shipping so an oversight by me. I was going to send them a copy of the email anyway. They do read this thread once in a while :p

Nice, glad to see that they resolved your problem.  Little things like this would go a long way towards brand loyalty.

Now if they could just get back to me about the custom art.  I'm not so bothered about the build time, but it kinda sucks that they gave me a heads up about the mock ups being almost done on the 9th and it's been 2 weeks and no word.  I even sent them a reminder email about it.

Hopefully they'll read this too 
tongue.gif

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #1,790 of 7,417

Quote:
I bought the cable at the same time I placed an order for the quads. I ordered it based of my experience with the hd600 cable. Here's hoping it's as good as that!
smile.gif

What type of connector did you get on your Silver Dragon. It seems like they offer two types of right angle mini-plugs. Is that correct? If so, what's the difference in the two, and does it affect the sound? Thanks.

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #1,792 of 7,417

Quote:
Yes they have 2 right angles. One is just a regular gold plated right angle and the other is made by Oyaide with rhodium plating. I ordered the Oyaide which is used by most of Whiplash Audio's products.

How does it affect the sound between the two? What's the difference in pricing? Thanks again...

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #1,793 of 7,417
I think it was $10 more. I have 2 LOD's from whiplash made from the same material but with different plugs (gold plated vs rhodium) and the one with the rhodium sounds a tad more detailed. I would say that it's almost like comparing copper to silver wiring but with less effect.

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #1,795 of 7,417

Quote:
I think it was $10 more. I have 2 LOD's from whiplash made from the same material but with different plugs (gold plated vs rhodium) and the one with the rhodium sounds a tad more detailed. I would say that it's almost like comparing copper to silver wiring but with less effect.

Thanks for the info!!

Mar 18, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #1,796 of 7,417

Quote:

Wait, are you saying you hear rhodium plating being more detailed than gold plating on a plug?  

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #1,798 of 7,417
My 1964 Ears order arrived today. I was having trouble with head-fi's post composer, or else I would have had this up sooner (I ended up having to switch to the "Basic editor" to get anything to work right.) I got:
-custom sleeves for Westone IEM
-custom sleeves for Apple dual-driver IEM (ADDIEM)
-solid ear plugs
-1964-Q custom quad-driver IEM.

I took pictures of each item with camera flash on and off, which allows for different details to be seen on the translucent products. People who look closely may notice that I have the custom sleeves on backward (left/right switched) on these pictures, but don't worry I put them on correctly before wearing them. At the bottom is what I asked for the 1964-Q to look like, from the description page on the 1964-T on 1964 Ears's website. So it's translucent dragon red with clear canals, no artwork, and all red serial numbers (usually the left ear serials are blue). I opted to have the cables recessed. All of the products look and feel great. They feel like a high-quality product. I don't want to post any more of my thoughts until I've had more time to use everything and hear back from 1964 Ears about a few fit questions I have. I should note that I opted to pay the extra fee to have them "rush" my order. They quoted me 7-9 business days (more than the "usual" rush order probably because I was ordering four products instead of one), and they were mailed out on the 8th day. The speed and quality of the products seems quite good, although I still might need some fit adjustments. If anyone has any other questions or wants additional pictures, let me know!

Mar 19, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #1,799 of 7,417
Muero post your impressions on the quads when you get a chance =) Also how are the custom tips working for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back