1964 Ears
Mar 8, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #1,666 of 7,417
I'm hoping to have mine around the first week in April too. My impressions and payment happened 28th, and I'm trying to factor in a slight delay due to how busy they are. I'll post an update when it hits the 20 working days, but not expecting anything before that.

Mar 8, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #1,668 of 7,417
I am glad to see this thread progressing along, with the majority of you who have received your 1964 EARS stating that you're enjoying the sound for the most part. I'm a bit tired of those who seem to have the most to say, but haven't attempted to buy or really inquire about the sound of this company's products, but instead, rather spread rumors and innuendo. I do agree that if 1964 EARS promised you a delivery time and didn't meet it, you have a right to be upset. I honestly don't believe, however, it's with any intent to deceive or be dishonest. I think it's possible that the small company just got more orders than anticipated and is trying to readjust. They probably should change their eta for completion and delivery of their products.

So now I have decided to personally not add anything to this particular thread. I've had enough. Many of you are hitting me up in my inbox and I still welcome that if you think I can be of  help in you deciding about your first custom or a universal I have heard. And yes, I am still having a lovefest (or as some of you have put it..I am gushy) with my 1964-Q. Yes, I still consider it the best IEM I've ever heard. Yes, I still consider it the best headphone/earphone I've ever heard. I will probably provide a link here when I post my full review, but other than that I think there are enough owners now to give their valid opinions (positive or negative) about 1964 EARS. As always, happy listening!!

EricP

Mar 8, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #1,669 of 7,417
Quick question regarding anyone who was bought a pair from the UK? They say they fill out the customs/declarations form honestly etc. Last time I ordered something from Singapore I got charged 40GBP custom fees, wondering if it would be the same from the states with EMS? Because if it is, refits (if needed) are gonna cost me a whole lot of dosh...

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #1,670 of 7,417
I happened across an article written by Michael West of Westone.  He happened to do my impressions and I've been super satisfied so far.  I figured some of you considering customs would find this article somewhat useful.

Mar 9, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #1,671 of 7,417
Hi Varley,

I have ordered from the UK, though not received anything yet. Iw as advised by another UK based member, that import tax is usually around 20% of the product price and that Parcelforce will pay the charge to get the parcel our of customs and then invoice you to pay before it gets delivered.

RE: the re-fits, in the vein of everything being done above board- technically you will have legitimately paid an excise charge on a brand new product and should not incur that again- however I would get in touch with 1964 ears and query this just in case. If you do, and receive a response, be sure to keep us informed in here :)

What product are you thinking of ordering?

Mar 9, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #1,672 of 7,417

Quote:
Quick question regarding anyone who was bought a pair from the UK? They say they fill out the customs/declarations form honestly etc. Last time I ordered something from Singapore I got charged 40GBP custom fees, wondering if it would be the same from the states with EMS? Because if it is, refits (if needed) are gonna cost me a whole lot of dosh...

What you have to do is: a) make sure you keep your original Import Duty/ VAT invoice (from Parcelforce/ FedEx/ UPS/ DHL) in case you need to show proof that you've already paid tax on the product, and b) if you need one or more refits, ask 1964 Ears to ensure they declare that it's a "repair under warranty" and ask them to make that VERY clear on the customs form.

Mar 9, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #1,673 of 7,417
Right-o, thanks for the responses
redface.gif
To be honest, I've had a lot of crappy experiences with Parcelforce import charges etc, I know it's not them that make them up but I ordered an Audinst MX1 DAC/Amp a month or so back for a reasonable price off Audinst/eBay - I get free shipping from Singapore, then a week or so later I get a letter from Parcelforce saying I have to pay 46GBP to actually have the parcel...When I only paid 100GBP for the actual product...

It also happened to me when I ordered my TMA-1s from Dijital Fix, I had to pay an extra 30GBP to get them...to be fair they did say they would mark it as a gift next time, but I'm not sure if that means they pre-pay them at their end anyhow.

Anyway, I was first thinking of the 1964-T's, but now I'm really tempted to spend the extra on the Quads as I really think I'd like the extra low driver, not sure yet though. Gonna be a bummer if I have to pay a pathetic sum of custom fees too
frown.gif

I've had things delivered from UPS/FedEx from overseas and I've NEVER paid import charges...Maybe I could ask 1964-EARS to send it via one of these and me pay the extra? It would most probably still work out cheaper than paying the $50 +import BS.

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #1,674 of 7,417

Quote:
They said they received mine today too. What did you order?

Haha the 1964Ts. Not too much of a basshead, hope the sound's what I'm looking for.

Quote:

I've had things delivered from UPS/FedEx from overseas and I've NEVER paid import charges...Maybe I could ask 1964-EARS to send it via one of these and me pay the extra? It would most probably still work out cheaper than paying the $50 +import BS.

You can avoid import duties if you deliver by UPS/Fedex!? O.O

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #1,675 of 7,417
I've had my DBA-02's from Treoo.com delivered with FedEx, cost me around 40SGD but they came straight to my door. And they were more expensive than my Audinst ofc, and that also came from Singapore...Yet I got charged for it
confused.gif

Obviously there was a difference in weight but I thought it was done on value?

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #1,676 of 7,417
So I got my 1964-T back today in a surprising fashion. The USPS person delivered to me an hour or so before I was planning on leaving for work so it was at 8am or so. I guess this was due to the guaranteed by noon today. I'll use these over the next couple of days and see how the fit is.

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #1,677 of 7,417

Quote:
You can avoid import duties if you deliver by UPS/Fedex!? O.O

That used to be the case, but in the last 7-9 months - and perhaps due to the economic downturn - I've got hit pretty badly by both FedEx & UPS in my neck of the woods.

Before that, it was hit and miss. Also - and I forgot to mention this before - the total amount in taxes one has to pay also includes the cost of shipping, so if an item is declared with a value of, say, $500 + $75 shipping, the tax (about 20% depending on the EU country) to be paid is on $575 not $500 so, in this case it's an extra $115 in taxes/ Import Duty if you're based in the UK, not $100 (20% of $500).

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #1,678 of 7,417

Quote:

That used to be the case, but in the last 7-9 months - and perhaps due to the economic downturn - I've got hit pretty badly by both FedEx & UPS in my neck of the woods.

Before that, it was hit and miss. Also - and I forgot to mention this before - the total amount in taxes one has to pay also includes the cost of shipping, so if an item is declared with a value of, say, $500 + $75 shipping, the tax (about 20% depending on the EU country) to be paid is on $575 not $500 so, in this case it's an extra $115 in taxes/ Import Duty if you're based in the UK, not $100 (20% of $500).

Damn- I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up.

RAWRSTER- Congrats- hope everything fits ok.

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #1,680 of 7,417

Quote:

Hmm. The policy in my country is that goods valued below $400 are exempt from the 7% Goods and Services tax (its not 20 but it hurts all the same). I'm just hoping that the currency valuation is in USD (what are the chances ): ) or that the customs officers just see it as $400 and pass over it, because that's the total value of my Trips inclusive of shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back