1964 Ears
Feb 22, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #1,441 of 7,417

Quote:
yeah it puzzles me too. thats why i'll continue to monitor it and decide if i should get a refit.

i might be losing some of the bass maybe because of a bad fit.

Press the IEMs into your ear w/ your fingers and see if the bass comes out.

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #1,442 of 7,417
Excellent @ Anaxilus. I remember when I first got the quad, I put them in right, but they sounded thin. I was highly disappointed.. Then something in my mind told me to do the same thing. I twisted them in right, but hadn't pushed them in where they locked up in place in my ear canal. So I gently pushed them in, felt them lock in place and it was like going from a regular movie screen to 3-D IMAX!!

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #1,443 of 7,417
exactly only after i pressed them into my ears do i hear the bass coming out.

however once i let it go, it just goes back to square one.

i'm not sure if i should do another ear impression to get the refit or just send them back for a refit.

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #1,444 of 7,417
Triples came in today! They look INCREDIBLE. I'll post pictures of them later. The custom artwork came out bada$$.

As for sound, and yes, they're my first customs, they're very detailed, yet not harsh. Very deep low end but not overbearing. I'll let y'all know how they work out on stage. So far I'm very happy.

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #1,445 of 7,417

Quote:
exactly only after i pressed them into my ears do i hear the bass coming out.

however once i let it go, it just goes back to square one.

i'm not sure if i should do another ear impression to get the refit or just send them back for a refit.

ask 1964 ears what they think you should do
also, you might want to use this as a reference when specifying the problem with them
http://ultimateears.com/support/fit-tool/main.html

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #1,446 of 7,417
thanks ! the website is really useful "sorry for the typo".

i was able to identify that the canal are is kind of loose.

i just feels really loose overall for my right ear, the seal is alot better for my left ear.

the seal for the canal doesn't feel as deep as my left ear.

i think they are pretty busy these few days, they've not replied my mail yet.

Quote:
ask 1964 ears what they think you should do
also, you might want to use this as a reference when specifying the problem with them
http://ultimateears.com/support/fit-tool/main.html

Feb 23, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #1,447 of 7,417
hi guys,

after spending more time with the quads despite the loose fit on my right earphones.

i have to say that it sounds really good. the bass starts to shine out slowly and goes really deep and low.
it is really enjoyable when i listen to house music as i can feel the bass thumping. 
likewise the bass is not overbearing and does not overshadow the other spectrum of the music.

compared to the tf10 (by memory), it sounds alot clearer and detailed. the soundstage is almost as wide too.
the quads is much more fun and real, making it more enjoyable to listen to.
the bass quality is better for the quads with it being more defined and with depth. 
however for bass quantity, i think both of them are almost on par (i'm still pretty undecided on this part). 
note that i have no experience with the tf10 and the stock cable, i am using the lune cables. 

beside it being my first custom, i am really pleased with the price, sound and customer service except for the workmanship which falls slightly behind only.
their customer service is commendable that despite me being a nobody, they gave me a gift card for the delay in the production of the quads.
other than that i have no qualms for such a low price and good sound.
hope this short review helps as i'm not very experienced as compared to the other head-fiers.

*shall get my refit soon*

here are some pictures !

trans forest green with clear tips with the new slim logo

the bores that ranidus have on his quads is the same as mine 

Feb 23, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #1,448 of 7,417

Quote:

beside it being my first custom, i am really pleased with the price, sound and customer service except for the workmanship which falls slightly behind only.
their customer service is commendable that despite me being a nobody, they gave me a gift card for the delay in the production of the quads.
hope this short review helps as i'm not very experienced as compared to the other head-fiers.

here are some pictures !

the bores that randius have on his quads is the same as mine 

Great to know that you are liking them. Waoh, so how much is the value of the gift card? :D

It seems like the same bores design and on the same side too. Soon your clear cable will have matching colour as your quads :p

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #1,449 of 7,417
Glad you are enjoying them @ benuyu... So far, everyone who has gotten the quads have been pretty consistent in hearing them the way that I do...for the most part anyway. Hurry up and get the refit so that you can really enjoy them!!

Feb 23, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #1,450 of 7,417
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/540337/the-best-headphones-under-400-1964-duals-review/15#post_7294187

Just letting you guys know my review thread.
I'll keep you guys updated on the duals.

Feb 23, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #1,451 of 7,417
Anyone have a picture of them actually in their ears? I'm trying to gauge if I should get a recessed jack or not. 

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #1,453 of 7,417

Quote:
hi guys,

after spending more time with the quads despite the loose fit on my right earphones.

i have to say that it sounds really good. the bass starts to shine out slowly and goes really deep and low.
it is really enjoyable when i listen to house music as i can feel the bass thumping. 
likewise the bass is not overbearing and does not overshadow the other spectrum of the music.

compared to the tf10 (by memory), it sounds alot clearer and detailed. the soundstage is almost as wide too.
the quads is much more fun and real, making it more enjoyable to listen to.
the bass quality is better for the quads with it being more defined and with depth. 
however for bass quantity, i think both of them are almost on par (i'm still pretty undecided on this part). 
note that i have no experience with the tf10 and the stock cable, i am using the lune cables. 

here are some pictures !

the bores that ranidus have on his quads is the same as mine 

It looks like your quad is made of jade.

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #1,454 of 7,417
I think 1964 ears should update their site to represent the actual turnaround time, some have waited in excess of four weeks while the majority have waited for at least a little longer than three weeks. It is now apparent 10 business days is completely unrealistic. If they have the time to constantly update with price increases, I think it's only fair that the buyer know how long they will actually wait to receive their products. I inquired two weeks ago asking whether or not my order would be completed by the 10th business day because I would be out of town for a few days, aleksy replied stating that my order would be ready by then. then replies again stating that he has made a mistake confusing the last name my order was under (pan) with another customer that had the same last name. I gave them the benefit of doubt at that point expecting it to be completed on time. I sent a email again yesterday asking whether or not my order would be completed by today (15 business days would have passed) and I receive a email stating it "should" be completed by this weekend. to be frank, I am not happy with all the false promises and i doubt my order will actually be completed by this weekend, if not, I will politely ask for a prompt refund

James

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #1,455 of 7,417
Is a customer entitled to a refund in this kind of situation, though?  I'm not sure what 1964 Ears or other companies policy is on this issue....

It's not like we're talking about Livewires-level delays here.  I think JH have had similar problems.  In fact, I think most new boutique custom manufacturers have undergone this type of bottlenecking when they were in their startup phase. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back