1964 Ears
Jan 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #916 of 7,417

Quote:
Just sent an email to them and got a reply from Vitaliy in a couple of hours ...

I've just send my fourth mail to 1964 EARS. Last three messages were without any answer, so if that one goes without one aswell... then I'll be one unhappy journalist. But still I believe, that they will contact me.

Anyway, thanks for the info, that there is someone alive, and sending messages there :)

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #918 of 7,417
My first email took around 10 days to answer and everything after that usually has been within 1-2 days and most of the time within 24 hours. That was from December until earlier this week when I ordered the 1964-T and my impressions arrived. I've sent them probably an excessive amount of emails so usually they do try to answer as quick as possible so hopefully your emails will get answered soon unless they are going to a spam folder or something.

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #919 of 7,417

Quote:
Just sent an email to them and got a reply from Vitaliy in a couple of hours ...

jermng I am looking forward to your comparisons of the triples compared to the Quads.  I *think* the triples are the right ones for me, both price and sound quality wise.  I am most interested in the most non-fatiguing of the two.

I currently listen to Denon D7000's (LOVE them) and Fischer DBA-02's (like them).  I found the UM3X's pretty polite and traded them for the Westone 3.  I found the w3's fatiguing, but fun.

Comments welcome, and I'll stay tuned.  The value offered by 1964 seems to be excellent.

Jan 16, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #920 of 7,417
I'm looking forward to my impressions too ... haha ... they'll ship on Monday so I'll get them hopefully by next week. 

Well, just an update on my Quads, Vitaliy said they found a faulty capacitor, which explains why I wasn't hearing what Ericp10 was hearing ...the tuning obviously went haywire -  it's the kind of thing where you can't put your finger on when you hear them ..... they sounded "good enough for the price", but somehow something was missing .... I'm glad I sent them back. 

I'm hoping they'll sound heaps better when they come back .....

Quote:
Quote:

jermng I am looking forward to your comparisons of the triples compared to the Quads.  I *think* the triples are the right ones for me, both price and sound quality wise.  I am most interested in the most non-fatiguing of the two.

I currently listen to Denon D7000's (LOVE them) and Fischer DBA-02's (like them).  I found the UM3X's pretty polite and traded them for the Westone 3.  I found the w3's fatiguing, but fun.

Comments welcome, and I'll stay tuned.  The value offered by 1964 seems to be excellent.

Jan 16, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #921 of 7,417
OK, the alarm is off :)

It was a kind of misunderstanding, so everything went back to normal.

Thanks anyone for helping me out.

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #922 of 7,417
Hello All,
I hope this is my final report on my purchase of 1964 Ears Quad IEM's. Please read my posts on page 2 and 50. I hope this is helpful to people like me who are new to the IEM market and those concerned about sending their money to an up and coming IEM company.  I picked up my IEM's today. They left a message Friday on my cell telling me they were done. Coincidently, they were posted on the 1964 Ears Facebook page today (the orange with red/orange metal flake) The picture does not do the metal flake justice.. When I arrived (unannounced) , Vitale and another staff were present. Vitale greeted me and gave me a tutorial on inserting my new monitors. I had initial fear of inserting them (mainly because the audiologist impressions pretty much HURT!!!), but Vitale placed a dab of lubicant (Sorta of like K-Y gel...well, you know...) on the monitors and talked me through the motion to place them. Within two attempts, they fit perfectly!!! I've read that a good fit sort of "sucks" into your ear and that's exactly what they did. I've inserted/removed probably 20 times since this afternoon and they still feel really good. I probably will need to use the gel a few more times though. The sound is JUST AMAZING, though I can't articulate beyond that. If you've read my two other posts, you know that I am not a pro, but I will say, there is NO WAY IN HECK Ultimate Ears, JH Audio or Weston can offer a product that sound 2 to 3 times better than these IEM's for the money!!!. Hope this helps. I'll check this thread every day or so if anyone has questions about my experience.  

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #923 of 7,417

Quote:
Hello All,
I hope this is my final report on my purchase of 1964 Ears Quad IEM's. Please read my posts on page 2 and 50. I hope this is helpful to people like me who are new to the IEM market and those concerned about sending their money to an up and coming IEM company.  I picked up my IEM's today. They left a message Friday on my cell telling me they were done. Coincidently, they were posted on the 1964 Ears Facebook page today (the orange with red/orange metal flake) The picture does not do the metal flake justice.. When I arrived (unannounced) , Vitale and another staff were present. Vitale greeted me and gave me a tutorial on inserting my new monitors. I had initial fear of inserting them (mainly because the audiologist impressions pretty much HURT!!!), but Vitale placed a dab of lubicant (Sorta of like K-Y gel...well, you know...) on the monitors and talked me through the motion to place them. Within two attempts, they fit perfectly!!! I've read that a good fit sort of "sucks" into your ear and that's exactly what they did. I've inserted/removed probably 20 times since this afternoon and they still feel really good. I probably will need to use the gel a few more times though. The sound is JUST AMAZING, though I can't articulate beyond that. If you've read my two other posts, you know that I am not a pro, but I will say, there is NO WAY IN HECK Ultimate Ears, JH Audio or Weston can offer a product that sound 2 to 3 times better than these IEM's for the money!!!. Hope this helps. I'll check this thread every day or so if anyone has questions about my experience.  

Glad to hear it bro.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #925 of 7,417
Just received the 1964-Q from the local courier after 6 weeks of waiting 
etysmile.gif
 Pardon the low quality picture as taken using 3GS.

Mine is the #1583 set. Nice to see the name and serial number engraved.

Gone is the custom padding and replaced with the small pouch. I would love to have the custom padding though.

Same color combination (light blue housing+clear tips) as shown on their product album. Just too attractive for me to consider other options.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #926 of 7,417

Quote:
Just received the 1964-Q from the local courier after 6 weeks of waiting 
etysmile.gif
 Pardon the low quality picture as taken using 3GS.

Mine is the #1583 set. Nice to see the name and serial number engraved.

Gone is the custom padding and replaced with the small pouch. I would love to have the custom padding though.

Same color combination (light blue housing+clear tips) as shown on their product album. Just too attractive for me to consider other options.

Looks like my mine, although I requested light sky blue. Almost a cyan color.

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #929 of 7,417
That looks like what mine should look like on one side :p I did like their custom cut foam better as well and would rather have that than what they have now. I have the foam on my pelican 1010 case but a custom cut one would look nice.

I thought mine were done when I checked their facebook album since I saw a clear with blue/red tips but then I realized mine were the other way around :p I'm hoping to get it soon as I think I paid 2nd week of January.

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #930 of 7,417

Quote:
That looks like what mine should look like on one side :p I did like their custom cut foam better as well and would rather have that than what they have now. I have the foam on my pelican 1010 case but a custom cut one would look nice.

I thought mine were done when I checked their facebook album since I saw a clear with blue/red tips but then I realized mine were the other way around :p I'm hoping to get it soon as I think I paid 2nd week of January.

Mine should have already arrived except for the damned impressions by the damned audiologist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back