1964 Ears
Jan 12, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #901 of 7,417

Quote:

Kulun did I pass you up on the post count....

I guess this wouldn't have anything to do with it...
rolleyes.gif

Also can't wait til you get your customs. Impressions, impressions, impressions.

If it helps, the Ear Monitors (for the few brief hours I listened to them) were the only dynamics I've ever heard that made me completely happy without any burn-in. Every other dynamic I've always been like "wow, these will be great after some burn-in and the diaphragm settles". Of course, things will only improve with perfect fit and some burn-in, but they were really great if you want the stage monitor sound sig they provide (perfect, controlled bass that has something real that literally no armature-based custom will ever, ever have, neutral, clean accurate mids and a clean, clear, extended, non-boosted and non-fatiguing treble), then your choice is made. When I get mine back, I'll do burn-in and extended listening and give a thorough review which doesn't hold back from any information, positive or negative, that could help a person make an informed choice.

The 1964 Ears custom tips will basically be much better for anyone ordering for a monster iem because I was the guinea pig and whatever kinks will get worked out with my set...

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #902 of 7,417
Congrats hopefully they fix the fit issues in a hurry those Ear Monitors sound attractive to say the least. Hopefully you can get them stuck in your ears ASAP. On that dynamic thing escaping from that 'these need burn-in' definitely means their a treat. You got a date on return???

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #903 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
Can you pm who is selling them? I want one to compare.
Also any idea where you can get a high quality 3.5 to 3.5 mm inter-connector?

I think I have the only pair that the seller has. Now, the seller looks at this forum. Perhaps he wants to answer your question in regards to who makes them. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy this set. The seller can give you second opinion about what he liked and didn't like about the cables. By the way, I forgot to add how beautiful these cables are with real cherry wood (I think it's cherry wood) used at the connector post, the splitter and slider. Very eloquent cables, but they are thinner than the stock cables. I don't know if the that equal more fragile. I hope I don't find that part out...lol.

Hmm I like how that seller works.
Tell him when he gets another cable to look for a little bird.

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #904 of 7,417
I have a noob question. How exactly do they do the refit? Do they sand off the mold or custom tips here and there? or make a new one out of your impression...

Quote:

Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Also can't wait til you get your customs. Impressions, impressions, impressions.

If it helps, the Ear Monitors (for the few brief hours I listened to them) were the only dynamics I've ever heard that made me completely happy without any burn-in. Every other dynamic I've always been like "wow, these will be great after some burn-in and the diaphragm settles". Of course, things will only improve with perfect fit and some burn-in, but they were really great if you want the stage monitor sound sig they provide (perfect, controlled bass that has something real that literally no armature-based custom will ever, ever have, neutral, clean accurate mids and a clean, clear, extended, non-boosted and non-fatiguing treble), then your choice is made. When I get mine back, I'll do burn-in and extended listening and give a thorough review which doesn't hold back from any information, positive or negative, that could help a person make an informed choice.

The 1964 Ears custom tips will basically be much better for anyone ordering for a monster iem because I was the guinea pig and whatever kinks will get worked out with my set...

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #905 of 7,417
Good question I guarantee they sand it down....which could be done at the place you went to first...
blink.gif

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #906 of 7,417

Quote:
I have a noob question. How exactly do they do the refit? Do they sand off the mold or custom tips here and there? or make a new one out of your impression...

Quote:

Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Depends.

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #907 of 7,417
Does 1964Ears always ship by EMS for international orders? I find it kinda irritating as the EMS website seems to be down quite frequently.Makes it a PITA to track the package. Mine is just shipped out today and can't wait to receive it.

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #908 of 7,417
You can try the USPS tracking website here. It depends when they shipped out today but EMS tracking is much better than regular mail so there should be something there.

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #909 of 7,417
One quick question and sorry for offtop: Has anyone had any contact with 1964 EARS person in last couple days? I'm having some trouble with it and I'm wondering if I'm the only one. I suspect, that they have lots of work ($500 quad - bargain:) ) and there might be some trouble for them to answer all mail they get, but still....

I wrote to 1964 EARS couple weeks ago, and after day or two there was quick response from Anastasia, but that's the only one I had. ATM I assume, that they simply have lot of work, and not that I'm the one beeing ignored :) But can someone write something about it, please?

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #911 of 7,417
Same here. I last contacted them about a week ago and there were no further updates following that. Then I received an email from Aleksey, their sales manager, stating my quads were shipped out
etysmile.gif

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #912 of 7,417
OK, thanks alot mtes. I'll try not to panic and wait for next mail from them  :)

Jan 15, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #913 of 7,417

Quote:

I think it depends on what the problem is. Sometimes you say "it pinches in this one spot" or something like that, and some sanding/buffing is done to that specific area to fix it. But if it is a bigger issue, like "my fit is too loose/too tight" or "the tips aren't deep enough" then they probably redo the whole thing based on your impressions. As frustrating as it can be, I totally understand why it is so difficult to get a perfect fit. The margin of error is very small and it can be hard to even explain the problem over the phone or email. I imagine if you lived in the same town as the lab (and the audiologist) that would be ideal.

In my experience I've had some perfect fits on the first try and some requiring 2 or 3 tries. I don't judge a company to be better or worse based off that, but rather look for how well they communicate during the refit process. In the end, I've gotten them all to fit well, and it is worth bothering with for a perfect seal.

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #915 of 7,417
Thanks for the explanation. Mine is a very good fit. Only on the first day I felt discomfort in my right ear, and it went away the next day.

Quote:
Quote:

I think it depends on what the problem is. Sometimes you say "it pinches in this one spot" or something like that, and some sanding/buffing is done to that specific area to fix it. But if it is a bigger issue, like "my fit is too loose/too tight" or "the tips aren't deep enough" then they probably redo the whole thing based on your impressions. As frustrating as it can be, I totally understand why it is so difficult to get a perfect fit. The margin of error is very small and it can be hard to even explain the problem over the phone or email. I imagine if you lived in the same town as the lab (and the audiologist) that would be ideal.

In my experience I've had some perfect fits on the first try and some requiring 2 or 3 tries. I don't judge a company to be better or worse based off that, but rather look for how well they communicate during the refit process. In the end, I've gotten them all to fit well, and it is worth bothering with for a perfect seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back