1964 Ears
Jul 19, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #6,976 of 7,417
  So, I'm looking at a pair of 1964ears now, after trying some Sennheiser IE800s and realizing that in ears CAN sound just as good as over ears (while also being more comfortable than I thought).

I've narrowed my search down to a couple of choices. I'm looking at the Noble K10 and the 1964ears V8. Has anyone here in this thread had a chance to listen to some K10s at some point and have the ability to offer a quick comparison?

Thanks in advance!

If you're considering the K10s, wait for the A10s/A12s from 1964. V8 and K10 are in different price bracket.

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #6,977 of 7,417
  If you're considering the K10s, wait for the A10s/A12s from 1964. V8 and K10 are in different price bracket.

I realize they're in a different price bracket, but at least for now, they were both top of the line for their respective brand -- at least, that was my thought.

That said, thanks for letting me know about the A10/A12. Is there info on price point/date info on them yet?

Jul 20, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #6,978 of 7,417
I realize they're in a different price bracket, but at least for now, they were both top of the line for their respective brand -- at least, that was my thought.

That said, thanks for letting me know about the A10/A12. Is there info on price point/date info on them yet?

I think it will be available in September. It's $1800/$2000, but they will most likely have an introductory sale.
Kickstarter backers already received them, and I heard some people had luck emailing them to buy it before the release date.

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #6,983 of 7,417
Used my V8's playing live for the first time this weekend... WOW! Huge difference! This is the first time playing with IEMs that I could actually hear every note in the low register. Before everything just sounded like farts. Great separation between all of our vocals and instruments. I couldn't be happier. Thank you to everyone on here for your posts that led me to this purchase. 

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #6,984 of 7,417

V8s are not exactly TOTL for 1964. There are few here, who prefer the V6/V6 Stage to the V8. They're all tuned differently, I advise taking a demo of them all. 

Jul 20, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #6,985 of 7,417
V8s are not exactly TOTL for 1964. There are few here, who prefer the V6/V6 Stage to the V8. They're all tuned differently, I advise taking a demo of them all. 

I think that they cater to different taste/need. I can see @Low F Sharp prefering the V8s because he's a musician. Most audiophiles, singers, keyboard players, guitar players I could see prefering the V6 stage. I know many musicians who use both and they prefer one or the other for different needs. I love my Quads to play live music, because I really like to listen to that bass, but when I run FOH sound, I prefer something more balanced. That's why a V6 stage is on my want list.

Jul 20, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #6,986 of 7,417

I think that they cater to different taste/need. I can see @Low F Sharp prefering the V8s because he's a musician. Most audiophiles, singers, keyboard players, guitar players I could see prefering the V6 stage. I know many musicians who use both and they prefer one or the other for different needs. I love my Quads to play live music, because I really like to listen to that bass, but when I run FOH sound, I prefer something more balanced. That's why a V6 stage is on my want list.

On my want list as well......I've decided on 1964 Ears over the other brands......got my impressions made and sent.......wanting to sell a couple things to make the purchase instead of $ out of the bank account to appease the wife......then I read on here that the selections have changed and the V series will be phased out soon (possibly September), and they are going to 3D printing.......

I called today and spoke to a nice young lady.....but she wasn't able to answer how long the V6s would be available for purchase. My other question......will the price drop any if they are going to 3D printing versus the current time-consuming process with acrylic? I have this sinking feeling that I would make my order....and then days later they will announce the price has dropped by $200 due to the less labor intensive manufacturing process. Of course, she couldn't answer that as well :) So, I'm hoping to sell something quick so I can make my order before the V6s is no more......

Jul 20, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #6,987 of 7,417
On my want list as well......I've decided on 1964 Ears over the other brands......got my impressions made and sent.......wanting to sell a couple things to make the purchase instead of $ out of the bank account to appease the wife......then I read on here that the selections have changed and the V series will be phased out soon (possibly September), and they are going to 3D printing.......

I called today and spoke to a nice young lady.....but she wasn't able to answer how long the V6s would be available for purchase. My other question......will the price drop any if they are going to 3D printing versus the current time-consuming process with acrylic? I have this sinking feeling that I would make my order....and then days later they will announce the price has dropped by $200 due to the less labor intensive manufacturing process. Of course, she couldn't answer that as well :) So, I'm hoping to sell something quick so I can make my order before the V6s is no more......

Pretty sure when they introduce the Adel lineup with the new A series /w 3d printing the price will be more expensive. But with their introductory price it might be around or still a bit more expensive than the V lineup.

Jul 20, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #6,988 of 7,417

I called today and spoke to a nice young lady.....but she wasn't able to answer how long the V6s would be available for purchase. My other question......will the price drop any if they are going to 3D printing versus the current time-consuming process with acrylic? I have this sinking feeling that I would make my order....and then days later they will announce the price has dropped by $200 due to the less labor intensive manufacturing process. Of course, she couldn't answer that as well
smily_headphones1.gif
So, I'm hoping to sell something quick so I can make my order before the V6s is no more......

Pretty sure when they introduce the Adel lineup with the new A series /w 3d printing the price will be more expensive. But with their introductory price it might be around or still a bit more expensive than the V lineup.

And that is another curiosity for me......if the intro price on the A10 is possibly a couple hundred more than the V6s (with wooden faceplates)......then should I shoot for those instead (I have no idea what the intro price of the A10 will be).......Of course, creep is a terrible thing.....I was aiming at the V3.....but for $200 more, I could have twice the drivers :wink:

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #6,989 of 7,417

I also anticipate a price increase, because of the new technology. They stated there would be introductory pricing, but it's still new tech. Also I don't recall Ultimate Ears reducing pricing after they began production through 3D printing.

On a separate note, what about getting the V-line series now and possibly upgrade to ADEL later. I believe someone stated that they would allow upgrades. I'm sure it would be a few hundred $s more, but probably cheaper.

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #6,990 of 7,417
Hi all. Phew what a thread. Just got through reading most of ot these last few days.

I took the plunge last weekend, sold my Noble 4 universals and ordered the V6 Stage. I enjoyed the Noble 4s but they seemed to have an odd form and I could never get a good fit. My ultimate goal is to get a prestige k10 with a fresh design by Wizard, but until them I'm going to give the V6s a run for its money who knows I might never feel the desire to upgrade (my wallet can only hope!)

Got my impressions taken yesterday and impulse bought some musicians earplugs while I was there so ended up having 2 sets of impressions taken. I was planning on getting them from 1964 as well but with the exchange rate in its current state it worked out cheaper to get them made locally. Plus with the lead times for CIEMs they give me something to look forward to in the meantime.

An interesting note: I was playing around with the design the day before I ordered them and had a huge range of shell colour options. The next day when I went to actually order them I only had the two options: black and transparent... Shame really I was hoping to get the clear canal tips but oh well, looks like I might be one of the first to get the 3d printed V6 stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back