1964 Ears
Jun 21, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #6,931 of 7,417
Nice. So many V8s around....

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #6,932 of 7,417

For people that have the V8s, have you tried V3, QI or V6-S that you can give a read on the difference in bass impact?

1964 makes it seem like they'd hit like a truck, but I'm not so sure what that does to the rest of the range or if it does indeed sound as bassy as they're marketing them as.

Still loving the hell out of my Qis.

Jun 22, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #6,933 of 7,417
Does anyone have the frequency response graphs for the V8s?

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #6,935 of 7,417
 I just placed my order for the A12's, went all clear everything with them.  I'm hoping to get them by 7/20.  That's 26 days or 18 business days.  Do you guys think they'll make them that quick, it's real close the 28 day 4 week (fastest) time they quote.  I'm thinking it should go a bit faster than normal, given there are no graphics and it's all clear everything.

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #6,937 of 7,417
   I just placed my order for the A12's, went all clear everything with them.  I'm hoping to get them by 7/20.  That's 26 days or 18 business days.  Do you guys think they'll make them that quick, it's real close the 28 day 4 week (fastest) time they quote.  I'm thinking it should go a bit faster than normal, given there are no graphics and it's all clear everything.

I doubt it unless they handle the A12's differently.    LOVE my V6's but that was a painful, long wait.  I will say the product is worth the wait tho.

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #6,938 of 7,417

How'd you order them??

Do you need to specify email their support team?

Jun 27, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #6,942 of 7,417
Anyone have any recommendations for tips that'll fit the U-8's? I don't know if 1964ears have a standard size they use so I can just pick up some comply's or something but I wanted to do some shopping in advance!

Jun 28, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #6,943 of 7,417
Hey everyone. Long time lurker first time poster here; thanks for all of the great information.

I have one main question: Can anyone provide a comparison of the Qi to the Danu DN-1000? Maybe I'm searching wrong, but I couldn't find those 2 compared after a lot of reading and searching. 

I might be asking the wrong question, so I'll also throw this out there. I am looking for my first ciems as I find all universals to be get uncomfortable to wear for more than a few hours. I am currently trying to decide between the V3 and Qi, although the V6s could be a dark horse candidate but would require me to wait and save up more funds.

I listen to EDM more than half the time, but I also enjoy rock, metal, country, pop, and rap. My current favorite setup is DN-1000s with a Fiio X3 2nd gen. The DN-1000s do show some weakness in detail and transparency in genres outside of EDM, but if the DN-1000s were more comfortable for long sessions (I use comply comfort tips after trying out many tip options), I could live with the sound signature. I also have Etymotics ER-6 which I love the detail and clarity but find the bass a bit lacking. I also use ATH-M50S, ok for EDM, but I don't like them for much else. AKG K553 get used as well; I enjoy these for non-EDM in general, but the bass here is lacking for my overall taste as well.

I think I'm on the right track with a V3 or Qi, but I am open to hearing other suggestions.

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #6,944 of 7,417
Can't speak to the V3 or Qi but if you can do it the v6s are pretty amazing.  Maybe they will have a 4th of July sale.  You  also may want to consider the Westone Um Pro 50.  You can get a new pair for 500.00 and the sound is fantastic for that price.  Good luck.

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #6,945 of 7,417
  Hey everyone. Long time lurker first time poster here; thanks for all of the great information.

I have one main question: Can anyone provide a comparison of the Qi to the Danu DN-1000? Maybe I'm searching wrong, but I couldn't find those 2 compared after a lot of reading and searching. 

I might be asking the wrong question, so I'll also throw this out there. I am looking for my first ciems as I find all universals to be get uncomfortable to wear for more than a few hours. I am currently trying to decide between the V3 and Qi, although the V6s could be a dark horse candidate but would require me to wait and save up more funds.

I listen to EDM more than half the time, but I also enjoy rock, metal, country, pop, and rap. My current favorite setup is DN-1000s with a Fiio X3 2nd gen. The DN-1000s do show some weakness in detail and transparency in genres outside of EDM, but if the DN-1000s were more comfortable for long sessions (I use comply comfort tips after trying out many tip options), I could live with the sound signature. I also have Etymotics ER-6 which I love the detail and clarity but find the bass a bit lacking. I also use ATH-M50S, ok for EDM, but I don't like them for much else. AKG K553 get used as well; I enjoy these for non-EDM in general, but the bass here is lacking for my overall taste as well.

I think I'm on the right track with a V3 or Qi, but I am open to hearing other suggestions.

I'm the recent owner of the QIs and also own the Dunu-1000s (and a handful of other similar IEMs you can see in my signature).

The bass impact on the Dunu is higher, as in you'll physically feel the bass rumble on your ears more with them.  The QIs outperform the Dunu-1000 in every other area:  bass clarity, bass speed, mid clarity, high clarity, sound-stage, isolation, microphonics... it's just a much better experience across the board.  The sound signature of the Dunu I'd say is a bit more aggressive than the QI.  The QI isn't neutral, but it doesn't feel like it's putting it's own stamp on the music like more traditional V-shaped sets do.

If I had to simply describe the QI to other V-shaped IEMs, I'd just use:  purity.  You get a slightly V-shaped signature, with a bit less bass kick, but with a ton more clarity.

I also listen to a lot of EDM and I'll tell you that at first the missing bass kick does take something away from the experience, but the QIs bring a different experience all together.   Before I'd be cranking the volume to get that hard bass feel in my ears and really get the blood pumping, with the QIs I now have the volumes at much more reasonable levels, and the songs wash over me in an all new light.  I can safely say that you still get the blood flowing from the music with the QIs, but it isn't from bass kick specifically.  It's from just the whole song coming together in a way that it hasn't felt before.  The synths and the vocals are insanely more detailed and lush.  The bass impact is more subtle (its there), but overall the song feels more cohesive with the QIs than it ever has with my other IEMs.

So if you're enjoyment of music is purely for the bass-feel, then honestly you may not want want to invest in the QIs.  I'd be curious if the V8s generate more of a bass-feel since they're apparently tuned to be even more aggressive on the bass signature.

I can tell you that the QIs sounded different than I thought I wanted, but after using them for a couple weeks now, the experience is all together better.  I'm wearing my headphones and just disappearing in music far more often than I ever have before with a new set of headphones.  Every song, new and old, is just a brand new experience than I've ever had.  It's just amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back