1964 Ears
Apr 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #6,797 of 7,417
Yes, IIRC they have said that after the U Series orders from the Kickstarter are fulfilled they would begin redesigning the current V Series line to include ADEL (thus adding lower end models to the A Series.

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #6,798 of 7,417
Yes, IIRC they have said that after the U Series orders from the Kickstarter are fulfilled they would begin redesigning the current V Series line to include ADEL (thus adding lower end models to the A Series.

Thanks for the insight!

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #6,800 of 7,417
Apr 30, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #6,802 of 7,417

Do you mean U6?  No one knows how they will sound but if you could wait a few months, why not.  KS backers were supposed to get there IEM in May but I think that will be delayed since we have not heard anything.  I don't think I would be able to wait. 

The KS folks already have theirs... here's a review of the 12's
http://www.talkbass.com/threads/1964-ears-owners-group.1074239/page-14#post-17215803

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #6,803 of 7,417
  The KS folks already have theirs... here's a review of the 12's
http://www.talkbass.com/threads/1964-ears-owners-group.1074239/page-14#post-17215803

I believe the question was about models below A10.  Yes, A10s and A12s have started to go out to KS backers and there are some raving reviews out there.  One can't assume that the U series or the lower model A series will sound great based these reviews.  The U series has not yet gone out.  And the A6 or lower model A series is probably a thought or concept right now. 

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #6,804 of 7,417

I believe the question was about models below A10.  Yes, A10s and A12s have started to go out to KS backers and there are some raving reviews out there.  One can't assume that the U series or the lower model A series will sound great based these reviews.  The U series has not yet gone out.  And the A6 or lower model A series is probably a thought or concept right now. 

Actually they had an A6 demo in one of the recent SoCaL meets. Nothing difficult for them since it's basically transferring the internals of the U6 to an acrylic shell.

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #6,806 of 7,417
I think i read from somewhere that adel will be available for sale in November. Can't wait! But definitely not goin to buy one at MSRP since i'm cheap. Lol

Where did you read that from? No way in the world I'm waiting until November lol...

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #6,808 of 7,417
  Further research has me leaning toward the Future Sonics MG6 Pro. I would guess that the vents have the same effect as the ADEL port.

That's what I thought also.  A lot of people said it wasn't the same, but still vent supposes to be an exit for the pressure right? since it's open for outside noise to come into the canal.  Only difference I guess is that, with the Adel membrane, isolation would be better while still able to release the pressure.

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #6,809 of 7,417
That's what I thought also.  A lot of people said it wasn't the same, but still vent supposes to be an exit for the pressure right? since it's open for outside noise to come into the canal.  Only difference I guess is that, with the Adel membrane, isolation would be better while still able to release the pressure.

It will affect the bass and frequency response.

If a vent is all you want, many other companies had ambient ports for many years now. It was never a popular option though.

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #6,810 of 7,417
  Further research has me leaning toward the Future Sonics MG6 Pro. I would guess that the vents have the same effect as the ADEL port.

It's very different. The vent for the Future Sonics is an entirely different design which is needed as they are using a dynamic driver along with their ba drivers. The vent in ADEL however is needed to allow the membrane to breathe. The main difference between ADEL and other vented IEMs is solely on the membrane which is acting as our 2nd eardrum to mitigate any pneumatic pressures. From what Stephen mentioned, pneumatic pressure travels in all direction, so even a vented IEM will not help in this circumstance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back