1964 Ears
May 1, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #6,811 of 7,417
It will affect the bass and frequency response.

If a vent is all you want, many other companies had ambient ports for many years now. It was never a popular option though.

I see. Totally agree with the effect on bass! As for frquency response, having adel or vent gonna affect it anyway, I assume? But yeah the bass gonna need some closed structure.
I didn't care about the vent much but was just wondering if it would release the pressure the better than non-vented ones.

It's very different. The vent for the Future Sonics is an entirely different design which is needed as they are using a dynamic driver along with their ba drivers. The vent in ADEL however is needed to allow the membrane to breathe. The main difference between ADEL and other vented IEMs is solely on the membrane which is acting as our 2nd eardrum to mitigate any pneumatic pressures. From what Stephen mentioned, pneumatic pressure travels in all direction, so even a vented IEM will not help in this circumstance. 

I asked this question on KS many times, still get no answer that makes sense. Lol. I guess it's hard to explain to layman like me. Thanks for the explanation though. :)

May 1, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #6,812 of 7,417
I see. Totally agree with the effect on bass! As for frquency response, having adel or vent gonna affect it anyway, I assume? But yeah the bass gonna need some closed structure.
I didn't care about the vent much but was just wondering if it would release the pressure the better than non-vented ones.
I asked this question on KS many times, still get no answer that makes sense. Lol. I guess it's hard to explain to layman like me. Thanks for the explanation though.
smily_headphones1.gif

No problem, it was actually discussed in the other 1964 ADEL thread in the past and in KS as well, but you might have to dig further back.
As for the bass response, these IEMs are already tuned with the open vent in mind. So closing/sealing the vent will alter the sound. 

May 3, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #6,813 of 7,417
Further research has me leaning toward the Future Sonics MG6 Pro. I would guess that the vents have the same effect as the ADEL port.

The port that sits on the "back" of the diaphragm does nothing to relieve pneumatic pressure. It simply allows it to move further, hense the increased bass response. ADEL sits on the "front" of the speaker therefore it absorbs any change in air pressure.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
May 3, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #6,814 of 7,417
When it comes to protecting your hearing I'm not sure how to assess how well the ADEL technology is working.

When it comes to sound quality, soundstage, instrument placement, air / openness, and realism I can assure you ADEL works. Very well.

Last evening a few of us local Head-Fi members got together to share our gear, pizza & beer. One of the guys brought his Stax system and at the end of our time his comment was the A12 was the only IEM he had heard that had the openness and coherency of his Stax.

I'm left wondering how long 1964 Ears has exclusive rights to ADEL (and what their competition does in the mean time)?

May 3, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #6,815 of 7,417
For those who own or listened to the A10\A12, have you demoed the Noble K10 before?

If so, what's the sound comparison?

Never had or demoed a ciem nor TOTL iem before, but on Thursday I demoed the Noble K10 at Gisele Flower's (Aid2Hearing) house in North London.

She didn't have any Adel 1964 which was disappointing. I listened to the K10 for around 20 minutes on my iPhone 6 Spotify.

I don't know how to described sound signature, but I wasn't really excited by the K10 sound signature. It was detailed as I could hear the singer's voice clearly. Little or no bass compared to my Triple fi 10. No soundstage, just Neutral.

But the overall sound was much, much better than my Triple Fi 10, but no convienced to part away with my £1000.

So, if anyone who have listened to both, I'll like to hear from you.

Thanks

May 3, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #6,816 of 7,417
One of the guys brought his Stax system and at the end of our time his comment was the A12 was the only IEM he had heard that had the openness and coherency of his Stax.

I'm left wondering how long 1964 Ears has exclusive rights to ADEL (and what their competition does in the mean time)?

Ah, not quite the same soundstage as the STAX, but similar imaging. I'd say the A12 has better instrument separation though.

And by STAX system, it's their entry-level SRS-2170. Don't go comparing the A12 to the SR-009 now. XD

May 3, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #6,817 of 7,417
Ah, not quite the same soundstage as the STAX, but similar imaging. I'd say the A12 has better instrument separation though.

And by STAX system, it's their entry-level SRS-2170. Don't go comparing the A12 to the SR-009 now. XD

Yes similar imaging, not soundstage is what you said.

Thanks for clarifying my poorly stated rehash of your impressions!

May 3, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #6,818 of 7,417
  For those who own or listened to the A10\A12, have you demoed the Noble K10 before?

Never had or demoed a ciem nor TOTL iem before, but on Thursday I demoed the Noble K10 at Gisele Flower's (Aid2Hearing) house in North London.

She didn't have any Adel 1964 which was disappointing. I listened to the K10 for around 20 minutes on my iPhone 6 Spotify.

I don't know how to described sound signature, but I wasn't really excited by the K10 sound signature. It was detailed as I could hear the singer's voice clearly. Little or no bass compared to my Triple fi 10. No soundstage, just Neutral.

But the overall sound was much, much better than my Triple Fi 10, but no convienced to part away with my £1000.

Thanks

My 2 cents:
Last summer I was able to demo the Noble line-up for several days and was very impressed with the K10, and had owned the TF10 for 3 years (sold them last year).  The K10 should noticeably out perform the TF10 in most ways.  Though if IIRC the TF10 bass extension, soundstage and overall coherency was pretty good and might not be as obvious.  But in detail, clarity, treble extension, bass quality and all aspects of the mids the K10 should win the day.

Until my A12 arrived the K10 was my favorite IEM, so I think something wasn't quite right.  I'm left wondering if you didn't have a good seal and if they had a variety of ear tips for you to try?  Also if the tracks you used were poorly recorded, significantly compressed, or lower bit-rate files you'll likely not hear as much difference with the K10.

-Eric

May 3, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #6,819 of 7,417
Well as what some of my friends described, the K10 are good all rounded but they do not particularly excel in anything.

May 4, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #6,820 of 7,417

Thanks

The A12 and K10 both have their strengths (I own both). The K10 has a very well-tuned frequency response- everything is in good balance. The bass, mids and treble all sounds clear, and is all neither too forward nor too recessed. There is a little bit of a treble peak in the mid treble, but if that doesn't bother you (it doesn't bother me, fwiw), then that actually adds a bit of nice sparkle to the sound. If you're looking for an IEM that hits a home run every once in a while (with a higher strike out rate as well, lol) rather than consistently bats singles, however, the A12 may be better. There is a lot of bass, but that bass is so beautifully layered and textured that it feels like 'foam'- it's there, but it's deliciously light. I suspect this is the Adel tech at work, because it feels like my ear has never been both less fatigued and also better able to separate layers in complex music (esp. EDM).

The other thing to bear in mind is that as your source scales (I use a Chord Hugo and a pair of HM901/HM801 daps), you will better be able to hear the differences between IEMs. 

May 4, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #6,821 of 7,417
hello!
i'm looking for an CIEM for such a long time, i've come to two last CIEM to choose from.
V6s or V8
the bass quantity is the only thing that i'm not sure about.
i got the shure se215 and i love the bass quantity in there.
have some one heard the v6s and the shure se215 and can tell me how is the bass quantity in v6s compare to the se215?

May 4, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #6,822 of 7,417
hello!
i'm looking for an CIEM for such a long time, i've come to two last CIEM to choose from.
V6s or V8
the bass quantity is the only thing that i'm not sure about.
i got the shure se215 and i love the bass quantity in there.
have some one heard the v6s and the shure se215 and can tell me how is the bass quantity in v6s compare to the se215?

I havent heard the V6 before but I do own the 215. All I can say is that the 215s have an overwhelming amount of boomy bass to my ears. On that point, I am 99% sure that the V6S will have less "perceived" bass quantity than the 215s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back