1964 Ears
Apr 24, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #6,781 of 7,417
  i got some issues on mine, brand new cables...when it arrived with my V8 the right side is abit low gain when in terms to volume...
i emailed them then they asked if not a fit issue? then i said i dont think so...
so they send another cable...it solved it...i think the cable they are using aren't that high grade...

Most likely this. I know it isn't in everyone's budget, but a custom cable is a nice way to go. At least something with a little bit better build quality. I'm not talking anything crazy, like 90 bucks or so.

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #6,782 of 7,417

I know it isn't in everyone's budget, but a custom cable is a nice way to go. At least something with a little bit better build quality. I'm not talking anything crazy, like 90 bucks or so.

Any recommendations?
The after market cable thread here lists some that cost more than my 1964 Quads!   err.. no!
I've also done some Google research and some of these vendors are pretty darn proud of their products... and their lead times!
I'm not an audiophile..  I'm a gigging musician, who uses these most Fri/Sat nights - for up to 5 hrs a go.
I need a working cable - that stays working - and isn't going to cost me an arm.. etc.!

Thanks!

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #6,783 of 7,417

Any recommendations?
The after market cable thread here lists some that cost more than my 1964 Quads!   err.. no!
I've also done some Google research and some of these vendors are pretty darn proud of their products... and their lead times!
I'm not an audiophile..  I'm a gigging musician, who uses these most Fri/Sat nights - for up to 5 hrs a go.
I need a working cable - that stays working - and isn't going to cost me an arm.. etc.!

Thanks!

Get a Linum cable! They are super thin and tiny, won't even notice wearing them and no one will be able to notice them on you.

http://www.linum.dk/home.aspx

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #6,784 of 7,417

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Sure do! Check this thread out:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/695297/the-new-headphone-lounge-thread

Ted is the man! He makes really nice cables and is incredibly responsive. If you want to see which one I have just check out my signature.

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #6,785 of 7,417

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

What's a lead time?
But yeah totally agree - especially when there's no proven difference in sound quality. 

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Sure do! Check this thread out:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/695297/the-new-headphone-lounge-thread

Ted is the man! He makes really nice cables and is incredibly responsive. If you want to see which one I have just check out my signature.

What is a 'responsive' cable?

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #6,788 of 7,417
I took a look at my order page, like I do many times a week. I noticed the bar had changed, I instantly got excited thinking that I had completed another step. I quickly realized, I had actually taken 2 steps backwards! They updated their site with a more accurate status page that now has 12 steps instead of 10! Ahhh!

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #6,791 of 7,417
Hey all, long time listener, first time caller.

My Etymotic ER-4's broke the other day after 10 years of faithful service. I had been considering a CIEM and now the time has come. I have narrowed it down to 1964 Ears. I would order the V6s except that I know the A5/A6 (ADEL) are coming soon.

So my question is... is it worth the wait and the extra money to hold off for the A5/A6 release or should I just get the V6s now?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #6,792 of 7,417
Anyone on here know if the Adel line-up (when it comes out) will be available without the circle port-thingy on the bottom? I think it looks a bit goofy...

Apr 29, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #6,793 of 7,417
  Hey all, long time listener, first time caller.

My Etymotic ER-4's broke the other day after 10 years of faithful service. I had been considering a CIEM and now the time has come. I have narrowed it down to 1964 Ears. I would order the V6s except that I know the A5/A6 (ADEL) are coming soon.

So my question is... is it worth the wait and the extra money to hold off for the A5/A6 release or should I just get the V6s now?

Thanks in advance.

Do you mean U6?  No one knows how they will sound but if you could wait a few months, why not.  KS backers were supposed to get there IEM in May but I think that will be delayed since we have not heard anything.  I don't think I would be able to wait. 

Apr 29, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #6,794 of 7,417

Do you mean U6?  No one knows how they will sound but if you could wait a few months, why not.  KS backers were supposed to get there IEM in May but I think that will be delayed since we have not heard anything.  I don't think I would be able to wait. 

I thought the U6 is universal. There is supposed to be a custom A6, maybe an A5 also.

Apr 29, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #6,795 of 7,417
Fingers crossed they have a sale for their current V series if they are trying to get rid of their drivers for the new A's.

Most likely just some wishing thinking from me but that can't hurt :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back