Apr 17, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #6,766 of 7,417
haha,just place an order from uerm,hope give me more surprise than v6s
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #6,767 of 7,417
  haha,just place an order from uerm,hope give me more surprise than v6s
biggrin.gif

Both different signature, might complement each other if you like them

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #6,769 of 7,417
anyone having quality issues with their 1964 replacements cables?
I ordered a beige set to replace my "turning green" ones that I've used on numerous gigs for over a year.
Today... they started cutting in and out.. turns out to be a bad wire/connection in the splitter junction - where cable splits to go to L/R earpiece.
When not worn, they live in their case and are looked after..

anyone else come across this ??

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #6,770 of 7,417
I ordered a beige set to replace my "turning green" ones that I've used on numerous gigs for over a year.
Today... they started cutting in and out.. turns out to be a bad wire/connection in the splitter junction - where cable splits to go to L/R earpiece.

i got some issues on mine, brand new cables...when it arrived with my V8 the right side is abit low gain when in terms to volume...
i emailed them then they asked if not a fit issue? then i said i dont think so...
so they send another cable...it solved it...i think the cable they are using aren't that high grade...

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #6,772 of 7,417

Yeah, I've been having the exact same issue with my replacements, but they're over a year old. I was still surprised.  

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #6,774 of 7,417
Apr 23, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #6,776 of 7,417

How much longer you think? I don't have a fancy faceplate or graphics so those should be quick. Maybe a week?

i think a week or two, they ship very fast...i am from Asia and it took them 3days to send it to me...total 10days because i paid for the rush processing....

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #6,777 of 7,417
this is the response I got from 1964 on the new cable failure:

I’m sorry to hear that. We haven’t noticed any increase in cable failures or sales so I’m not sure why the cable would fail. We just have a 30 day warranty on the cables.

Regards,
Alex

Not exactly very helpful... looks like I may ahve to go back to my "green" standard cable... I'm not happy about the response!

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #6,778 of 7,417
I've had issues with other cables from Westone in the past. MMCX are by far the worst. I've learned to be extra careful with the splitter junction when putting them in their case, but sorry to hear about your experience. That's one of the reasons why I fear trying some of those TOTL cables, because I've had cables fail when I take good care of them. Wish these cables were as reliable or had the lifetime warranty that other pro equipment such as mic and instrument cables have. Those take a beating and last for years.

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #6,779 of 7,417
  this is the response I got from 1964 on the new cable failure:

I’m sorry to hear that. We haven’t noticed any increase in cable failures or sales so I’m not sure why the cable would fail. We just have a 30 day warranty on the cables.

Regards,
Alex

Not exactly very helpful... looks like I may ahve to go back to my "green" standard cable... I'm not happy about the response!

Just ordered a v6 s .  I am a little dismayed they don't stand behind their product better than that.  Rut Roh

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #6,780 of 7,417

Just ordered a v6 s .  I am a little dismayed they don't stand behind their product better than that.  Rut Roh

I'va had no issues with them on other items...they've been very helpful, and the original clear cables (now oxidizing, which is normal)  still work fine.. and I've kept them as backups.
I was NOT expecting the newer replacement cables to fail/error so soon. They were not overly expensive,  but failing less than 3 months in -with normal care/use - was unexpected. However, I would rather have used that $$ towards a "better quality" set had I know about the potential failures up front. Posting here so others can be aware of the issue.

About to get on another 4 hr flight home later today.. will see if the cable is still failing and will report back on it tomorrow.

UPDATE: Cable survived (worked) the entire 4.5 hr flight without any glitches. 
To be honest, I did not twist, tweak or otherwise try to make the "Y" split connection fail - in case the failure turned permanent.
I have a Sat night gig that I will use the cable on. Will report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back