1964 Ears
Mar 30, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #6,736 of 7,417
My piggy bank saving up for some 1964s can never keep up with me buying new stuff... argh I gotta stop spending and save up for these!

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #6,737 of 7,417
My piggy bank saving up for some 1964s can never keep up with me buying new stuff... argh I gotta stop spending and save up for these!

I have the same problem but mine is buying my daughter stuff i had money put aside for customs. Instead of saving i bought my daughter a $300 softball bat. So my customs piggy bank is negative $300 i could just be irresponsible and just buy them out of other money but then i would kick myself in the ass and ask myself why did i just do that. My audio equipment hobby i make myself save for.

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #6,738 of 7,417
I have the same problem but mine is buying my daughter stuff i had money put aside for customs. Instead of saving i bought my daughter a $300 softball bat. So my customs piggy bank is negative $300 i could just be irresponsible and just buy them out of other money but then i would kick myself in the ass and ask myself why did i just do that. My audio equipment hobby i make myself save for.

It is always a wise decision to take money out of hobby savings. Or else next thing you know the collection agency shows up outside your door!

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #6,739 of 7,417
I'd recommend to hold off until they release their Adel lineup for their V series line.
That should give you ample time to continue saving up 
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #6,740 of 7,417
  I'd recommend to hold off until they release their Adel lineup for their V series line.
That should give you ample time to continue saving up 
wink.gif

Those are completely out of my price range! :frowning2:

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #6,741 of 7,417

Those are completely out of my price range! :frowning2:

The last i heard, the updated V to Adel series, e.g. A6 will only be a bit more expensive than the current V6S.
But as they will be offering a special introductory price once they launch, i expect it will be around the same price or maybe even less than the current V series line up.

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #6,742 of 7,417

The last i heard, the updated V to Adel series, e.g. A6 will only be a bit more expensive than the current V6S.
But as they will be offering a special introductory price once they launch, i expect it will be around the same price or maybe even less than the current V series line up.

Oh really? That sounds very interesting then. I thought the Adel series only encompassed the A10 and A12s. Did not know that the A line up would replace the Vs

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #6,743 of 7,417

Oh really? That sounds very interesting then. I thought the Adel series only encompassed the A10 and A12s. Did not know that the A line up would replace the Vs

There are plans, just not certain on the launch date. They had demos on the A6 in the recent canjam event.

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #6,744 of 7,417

There are plans, just not certain on the launch date. They had demos on the A6 in the recent canjam event.

Awesome! Vancouver will be having an audio show from May 8th-10th and I think 1964Ears will be here so I will have the chance to listen and save up some more. Super excited for the show as it will be the first one since 1993.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #6,745 of 7,417
Think there's some confusion happening here- the V series is being replaced by the ADEL U series. There's only A10s and A12s as new customs. The "a6" I believe is the ambient series, which is completely different to the rest of the line and didnt even have 1964ears on the branding during the kickstarter.

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #6,746 of 7,417
Awesome! Vancouver will be having an audio show from May 8th-10th and I think 1964Ears will be here so I will have the chance to listen and save up some more. Super excited for the show as it will be the first one since 1993.

They usually give discounts in the roadshows. All the best for you! :D

Think there's some confusion happening here- the V series is being replaced by the ADEL U series. There's only A10s and A12s as new customs. The "a6" I believe is the ambient series, which is completely different to the rest of the line and didnt even have 1964ears on the branding during the kickstarter.

The U series is basically the universal version of V series with the ADEL tech. The A series will be the custom version with the ADEL tech.
There were already a few people who mentioned seeing A6 being advertised in some of the roadshows/events. Not to mention someone seeing A6 being listed in 1964 official Web page before being pulled down (possible early blunder?).
In all likelihood, the A series for the lower ranged models is quite high from what's been going on so far IMO.

P.S- check the SoCal thread, someone posted a pic of the 1964 booth and on the brochure you can see A6 listed. That's the biggest definitive proof :)

Mar 31, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #6,747 of 7,417
I had email exchange with 1964ears about V6 and they told me that there will be A5 from Adel series which be similarily tuned to V6. A5 should be lanuched around May. Price is uknown yet but it should be something near to USD 1,000.

Mar 31, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #6,748 of 7,417
  I had email exchange with 1964ears about V6 and they told me that there will be A5 from Adel series which be similarily tuned to V6. A5 should be lanuched around May. Price is uknown yet but it should be something near to USD 1,000.

That is quite a hefty jump, however if they do update the design and fine tune the V6 it will still be worth the price considering the V6 isn't that far off compared to JH13.
And i'm sure the USD1,000 is before their introductory price... 

Update:
On another note, looks like there will be an updated A series throughout their whole V series lineup.
If you check their Adel page http://www.1964adel.com/ you can see A2 up to A8 included in the compare models section. However they did not update the sound signature/specs 
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #6,749 of 7,417
Anyone have any experience with the Linum cables with 1964 Ears? Thinking about getting the Linum Music for my V8's when they arrive. I'm likely gonna need a new cable no matter what since the stock one probably won't fit my iPhone case. I'm quite interested in them with how small and thin they look.

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #6,750 of 7,417

That is quite a hefty jump, however if they do update the design and fine tune the V6 it will still be worth the price considering the V6 isn't that far off compared to JH13.
And i'm sure the USD1,000 is before their introductory price... 

Update:
On another note, looks like there will be an updated A series throughout their whole V series lineup.
If you check their Adel page http://www.1964adel.com/ you can see A2 up to A8 included in the compare models section. However they did not update the sound signature/specs 
wink.gif

Wow lots of things to consider. Just don't want the A series to increase in price since the V series is almost unobtainable for me due to the crazy Canadian exchange rates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back