1964 Ears
Dec 11, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #6,226 of 7,417
Is that a translucent black shell? Seems a little dark to me. Still, that's a nice classic design.

Anyway, it's too bad that you have fit issues. Hope you get them resolved soon!
smile.gif

The shell is translucent black, but the faceplate is just black (opaque) with the red logo.

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #6,227 of 7,417
The shell is translucent black, but the faceplate is just black (opaque) with the red logo.

good thinking. That way you wouldn't see the bubbles and imperfections by JH :p

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #6,228 of 7,417

Ahh, got it. Thought it was a tad too dark for a translucent shell. At least I have a rough idea what mine will look like. 
smile.gif

good thinking. That way you wouldn't see the bubbles and imperfections by JH
tongue.gif

Heh. Has it become so bad that this becomes the norm? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #6,230 of 7,417
OK, I know I run the risk of getting abuse for this, but with two days left of the kickstarter I have literally one question (can't blame a guy for trying one  last tact...). Does the V8 have as much/ better clarity than the Earsonics SM64? That's all, I promise! :D

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #6,233 of 7,417
Ordered the V6 back on Black Friday, but I won't be able to get impressions for at least another week, sadly. The wait's gonna be brutal. Here's the design I ended up going with - props to anyone who gets the (very, very nerdy) reference.:D

Can't wait to hear them.
Cool reference. It's an equation that has to do with matter-wave duality, though I've always seen it written as λ = h / p

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #6,234 of 7,417
I ordered a v3 on black friday, and went to an audiologist right after the holiday to get my ear impressions, but she did not have the material that 1964ears recommend, so I called them and asked if the powder and liquid impressions were fine to be used. They told me it should be fine, and after a week, they told me back that it was not fine, so I needed to get another impressions. I am not blaming the guy who answered me, but I really hope that no one will get this problem again. I just wish the technology department can have more conversation with the customer service department. This mistake costs me 70 bucks and one week waiting. it is not necessary and avoidable.I had posted this on their facebook but got deleted. Why does everybody say their customer service is good?

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #6,236 of 7,417
I ordered a v3 on black friday, and went to an audiologist right after the holiday to get my ear impressions, [COLOR=222222]but she did not have the material that 1964ears recommend, so I called them and asked if the powder and liquid impressions were fine to be used. They told me it should be fine, and after a week, they told me back that it was not fine, so I needed to get another impressions. I am not blaming the guy who answered me, but I really hope that no one will get this problem again. I just wish the technology department can have more conversation with the customer service department. This mistake costs me 70 bucks and one week waiting. it is not necessary and avoidable.I had posted this on their facebook but got deleted. Why does everybody say their customer service is good?[/COLOR]

They mean well, not a polished CS experience in any way. We got a rush order and there was a flaw with the art we sent it back and it took them 5 days to fix and reship. It did not occur to them to refund the rush order and I did not ask. They are nice and they care but nor excellent in CS they just do not have a great CS plan or it seems goals.

Though some people have had great experiences and none that I know of have had outright bad experiences.

It takes a lot of effort and focus to plan for those contingencies with customers and use them to create more brand loyalty.

Have you asked for any special consideration?

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #6,237 of 7,417
They mean well, not a polished CS experience in any way. We got a rush order and there was a flaw with the art we sent it back and it took them 5 days to fix and reship. It did not occur to them to refund the rush order and I did not ask. They are nice and they care but nor excellent in CS they just do not have a great CS plan or it seems goals.

Though some people have had great experiences and none that I know of have had outright bad experiences.

It takes a lot of effort and focus to plan for those contingencies with customers and use them to create more brand loyalty.

I sent them an email but I did not get any feedback yet. Further, I had to call them today to make sure that they received my second impressions which was delivered ytd. It is just terrible for me. 

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #6,239 of 7,417
  I sent them an email but I did not get any feedback yet. Further, I had to call them today to make sure that they received my second impressions which was delivered ytd. It is just terrible for me. 

I am not asking for a discount but at least they have to do something, but not even without any apology and deleted my post on facebook. I think it is fair enough.

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #6,240 of 7,417

I can state that my experiences have been exemplary - I had a similar situation on a rush order and found a workaround that was satisfactory for both sides. I had requested the V8 logo for one side and the "Modern" logo on the other. When they arrived, they both had the the V8 logo. I had paid for the rush (I understand a misplaced logo might be different than an issue with artwork) and I didn't want to send them back, so I asked them to quantify what it would be worth to them to - not have to rework and reship. We agreed on a number and I kept them. As for a refund on a rush order for a refit - that's a bridge too far in my opinion. These are custom earpieces and there is a risk taken by the buyer and manufacturer that there could be an issue. It goes without saying. Rush order or not.

Would you have been satisfied had they refunded your $$ for rush service and you got back in the regular line and they fixed your artwork in four to six weeks? That would be fair. And as for the other gentlemen - what we know is that he was at an audiologist - found out that they couldn't follow the guidelines as to materials. The member called anxiously (probably right from the audiologists office) and got someone who said, sure - we will try to use the wrong material. It got to the actual technician who may have tried to use the powder and liquid mold and couldn't. The reason that material is not acceptable is that is breaks apart when they try to trim the impression - and maybe the audiologist didn't use enough liquid - who really knows the condition of what arrived? What we know is that he gave you the answer you definitely wanted - that was his mistake. I wouldn't doubt that he told you they would try - but I guarantee they didn't tell you that it was no problem - there is a reason it is in black and white in the instructions to the audiologist.

I am in no way an apologist for 1964 Ears - but with the horror stories that abound with other manufacturers - these two are small change - and one could have been avoided - and the other may be a member being a bit too demanding.

IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back