1964 Ears
Dec 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #6,197 of 7,417
i see. Thanks man! But when paired to the correct dap like fiiox5.it can improve the bass on the v6 right?

I agree with what the others have mentioned. Are you simply trying to increase the bass quantity? If you're coming from an M100, the bass in the V6S can sound comparatively tame. Nevertheless, you can always apply an EQ setting to increase the bass quantity a little. However, if what you're itching for is a bass heavy IEM, then the V6S is not for you. You can try the V8 instead, if you're looking to stay within the 1964 Ears' range.

You listen to Gabber? Geez, I feel sorry for your ears :)

Haha. Funny how eclectic one's musical tastes can be. On one hand, I love Classic Rock and Pop, and on the other, I crave the faaaast beats of Hardcore Techno. Heh.

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #6,199 of 7,417
I suppose the waiting period from 1964 will be longer due there Black Friday sale.

Think pretty much every company that offered a BF sale is currently swamped with orders. That's probably why JH chose not to have one.

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #6,203 of 7,417
I'm in a quandary! I'm looking for my first ever custom IEMs and it's between 1964 v3 or Noble 3C. Help me!

Having heard both (I own the V3, but have spent some time with the Noble 3C), I prefer the V3. Fit and finish will be superior on the 3C, if you get a Wizard Design (or reprint), but the V3 is a better value, and I prefer how it is tuned.

I also own a Wizard K10, so I own products from both companies. The V3 is a better value.

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #6,204 of 7,417
Thanks for that! I don't think I'd be going for a Wizard design (as awesome as they look) as I couldn't justify tha amount for something that is purely cosmetic. That said I think the Mystic Swirl is in my budget and looks great, but what is kind of tipping me towards 1964 is their site is fantastic in that I can view every single combination available to me!

Fit and finish? Do you mean that 1964 will not do as good of a job with the impressions I send, or do you mean it as a catch all term to talk about the overall look of the IEM?

Dec 9, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #6,205 of 7,417
What I mean by fit and finish is that the overall production quality of my K10 beats out my V3. The V3 has a fingerprint and a few bubbles. My K10 is flawless.

They both fit my ear based on the provided ear impression. I just mean that I would rate my V3 at a B+ on quality if design and finish, while I would rate my K10 at an A+.

That being said, I think you should go with the 1964ears V3. They are still very good, it is just that Noble is simply superb at the finish and polish of the CIEM. 1964ears, in my personal experience, is still excellent, but not quite exactly at the same highest level as Noble.

I hope that clarifies?

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #6,206 of 7,417
My 2 Black Friday rushed orders are moving along nicely. I did not see a breakdown of a rushed order in terms of process posted when I was searching. So in case anyone else was wondering on how fast this "could" be here is what I have seen. 

ORDER PROGRESS: Assembled (STEP 6 of 10)

3. Excepted 12/05
  4. Trimmed 12/08
  5. Poured 12/08
  6. Assembled 12/09

NOTICE: Due to the nature of the production line at our lab, you might not see any status changes for the first 1-2 weeks after placing your order (payment and impressions 

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #6,208 of 7,417
  My 2 Black Friday rushed orders are moving along nicely. I did not see a breakdown of a rushed order in terms of process posted when I was searching. So in case anyone else was wondering on how fast this "could" be here is what I have seen. 

ORDER PROGRESS: Assembled (STEP 6 of 10)

3. Excepted 12/05
  4. Trimmed 12/08
  5. Poured 12/08
  6. Assembled 12/09

NOTICE: Due to the nature of the production line at our lab, you might not see any status changes for the first 1-2 weeks after placing your order (payment and impressions 

What was the cost for rushed orders $200, and what  models did you go with?

Dec 9, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #6,209 of 7,417
Well I've been posting in this thread from time to time but I'm going a little bit offtopic now as my first customs ever arrived: JH13FP!!! woohoo!! :) I'm super excited :) First impressions: this feels so weird in my ears from what I'm used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back