1964 Ears
Dec 3, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #6,167 of 7,417
  Ok ok, but if it doesn't have enough bass, I'll have to challenge you to a duel.

Also, maybe you can order a universal first to make sure. I'm sure you can work a deal with them that they will reshell it at a lower cost to a custom fit if you decide you like the sound sig. And otherwise I'm sure you can return it and get a V8 custom. E-mail them, they're very accommodating.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #6,168 of 7,417
Fine, you pick the spot, I'll bring the guns. 10 paces in each direction :)

I was going to suggest rapiers actually, but if we're bringing guns I have to insist that your bullets are made from the ground up remnants of V8s and mine from the V6Ss, then we'll see which one actually hits harder...

Now we're talking :smiling_imp:

Also, maybe you can order a universal first to make sure. I'm sure you can work a deal with them that they will reshell it at a lower cost to a custom fit if you decide you like the sound sig. And otherwise I'm sure you can return it and get a V8 custom. E-mail them, they're very accommodating.

I actually asked about this but going the other way (custom -> universal) in case I ended up not liking feel of customs and was quoted $275.

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #6,169 of 7,417
Surprisingly not since both have been involved in classical and jazz ensembles from a relatively early age. I give them some band me downs from time to time, but they destroy them pretty quickly winding them tightly around their iPhones despite my advice against that foul practice :cry:.

Ouch. I know what you mean. I cringe whenever I see mistreatment of earphones. People throw them around or coil them tightly. And they say it's only a earphone! :frowning2:

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #6,171 of 7,417
If you're willing to consider universals, there are so many other options out there. The shure se846 has both great bass and incredible clarity, for example. With the interchangeable filters you can also stave off that uncertainty by swapping filters in and out at will.

The v6s I tried had less bass than my 846, and clarity was about the same. Soundstage was smaller.

The v8 has boomier bass and the warmer signature gave the impression of less clarity.

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #6,172 of 7,417
If you're willing to consider universals, there are so many other options out there. The shure se846 has both great bass and incredible clarity, for example. With the interchangeable filters you can also stave off that uncertainty by swapping filters in and out at will.

The v6s I tried had less bass than my 846, and clarity was about the same. Soundstage was smaller.

The v8 has boomier bass and the warmer signature gave the impression of less clarity.

True, but considering the ADEL-ified versions on KickStarter are going for ~$450 for U6 and ~$550 for U8, these are significantly lower in price than brand spankin' new SE846.

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #6,173 of 7,417
I've been listening to the V8s now (giving the K10s a rest...) and they're very bassy, but I honestly think this is very controlled bass compared to some of my other CIEMs, especially with the sub. I really like them but I miss the extension in the highs with the K10.

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #6,174 of 7,417
I've been listening to the V8s now (giving the K10s a rest...) and they're very bassy, but I honestly think this is very controlled bass compared to some of my other CIEMs, especially with the sub. I really like them but I miss the extension in the highs with the K10.

Can you please comment on how well V8 respond to EQ throughout the frequency range? For instance, if you push upper mids and highs up a bit of reduce bass...

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #6,175 of 7,417
Can you please comment on how well V8 respond to EQ throughout the frequency range? For instance, if you push upper mids and highs up a bit of reduce bass...

As I mentioned I'm not an EQ guy as I believe it kinda kills the tuning of the IEM, but I tried it right now and the highs sound kinda broken if they're pushed a bit too far. The Sub remains though and the bass is still not reduced as much...

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #6,177 of 7,417

That's what I thought too when I auditioned the V8 right after the K10. I thought that they were too bass heavy and a little dark, but I guess that's just a natural impression coming from something like the K10. Nevertheless, I love the texture and control of the low frequencies on the V8. They are actually very, very good for dance music, IMO.

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #6,178 of 7,417
That's what I thought too when I auditioned the V8 right after the K10. I thought that they were too bass heavy and a little dark, but I guess that's just a natural impression coming from something like the K10. Nevertheless, I love the texture and control of the low frequencies on the V8. They are actually very, very good for dance music, IMO.

I share the same sentiment as well.

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #6,180 of 7,417

Users who are viewing this thread

Back