1964 Ears
Dec 10, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #6,212 of 7,417
Well I've been posting in this thread from time to time but I'm going a little bit offtopic now as my first customs ever arrived: JH13FP!!! woohoo!! :) I'm super excited :) First impressions: this feels so weird in my ears from what I'm used to.

Congrats! Any pictures? :smile:

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #6,213 of 7,417
Congrats! Any pictures?
smile.gif

I'll post some pictures later today. Am now at work and the camera on my phone doesn't do them justice. Will take a pro shot with my 100mm macro lens on my Canon 7D.

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #6,214 of 7,417

I'll post some pictures later today. Am now at work and the camera on my phone doesn't do them justice. Will take a pro shot with my 100mm macro lens on my Canon 7D.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing them. Meanwhile, enjoy your JH13s!

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #6,215 of 7,417
  Well I've been posting in this thread from time to time but I'm going a little bit offtopic now as my first customs ever arrived: JH13FP!!! woohoo!! :) I'm super excited :) First impressions: this feels so weird in my ears from what I'm used to.

Congrats, i've sent mine for a 2nd refit :frowning2:
My expenses on shipping alone hasn't been very friendly... that's almost $180 (1st time impressions and 2-3rd time refit)

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #6,217 of 7,417

Congrats, i've sent mine for a 2nd refit :frowning2:
My expenses on shipping alone hasn't been very friendly... that's almost $180 (1st time impressions and 2-3rd time refit)

I'm pretty sure I'll have to send mine in for a refit as well. The comfort could be a bit better, too much pressure on the tragus and anti-tragus on both ears. But I'll allow for a few more days break-in (of my ears) before I do anything. Oh and when I move my jaw from left to right or open my mouth widely (while eating or drinking), the seal on my left ear breaks slightly. Or rather, the seal still seems intact but I hear this squishy type sound of the seal about to break, which is annoying. Right ear seems fine in that regard.

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #6,218 of 7,417
You've needed a 2nd refit on a 1964 Ears product?
eek.gif

Nope, JH13... and honestly JH's products build quality isn't what it used to be... it's quite sad actually.
But their customer service so far is quite good.

I'm pretty sure I'll have to send mine in for a refit as well. The comfort could be a bit better, too much pressure on the tragus and anti-tragus on both ears. But I'll allow for a few more days break-in (of my ears) before I do anything. Oh and when I move my jaw from left to right or open my mouth widely (while eating or drinking), the seal on my left ear breaks slightly. Or rather, the seal still seems intact but I hear this squishy type sound of the seal about to break, which is annoying. Right ear seams fine in that regard.

lol my problem was also the left ear... it was a bit too big that my tragus got sore (there's even an imprint mark). After the refit it was so comfortable, much more than my right side but due to the reduce in mass the fitting is not as tight and doesn't envelop my whole ear like the right side.
I'm hoping this would be my last refit..

Dec 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #6,219 of 7,417
My 1964 Ears IEMs are as nicely built as any I've owned - Heir Audio was the pinnacle (the Noble crew) and my V8's and V6S's are as nicely poured and polished...

Just went over to the website - that quality work will now take a bit longer - they are now quoting 4-8 weeks - whew!

This is how long it took just a month ago.... (10% off Columbus Day order)

Dec 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #6,220 of 7,417

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing them. Meanwhile, enjoy your JH13s!

Well here a pic of my JH13s, since you asked :)

Build quality seems great by the way, haven't noticed any obvious flaws, but I'll need to take a closer look. Either way I don't really care that much if there are some minor flaws internally, as long as it doesn't lower the structural integrity and change the sound signature or reduce isolation. They're either in my ears or in their storage case. And I'll probably send them back tomorrow or Friday as there are some serious discomfort issues. They need to do a refit.

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #6,222 of 7,417

Build quality seems great by the way, haven't noticed any obvious flaws, but I'll need to take a closer look. Either way I don't really care that much if there are some minor flaws internally, as long as it doesn't lower the structural integrity and change the sound signature or reduce isolation. They're either in my ears or in their storage case. And I'll probably send them back tomorrow or Friday as there are some serious discomfort issues. They need to do a refit.

What kind of issues are you having? That's the worst you wait and wait and then you have to send them back, but that's the risk with customs.

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #6,223 of 7,417
  What kind of issues are you having? That's the worst you wait and wait and then you have to send them back, but that's the risk with customs.

Too much pressure against my tragus/anti-tragus and when I move my jaw sideways or open my mouth wide, I hear a suction type sound in my left ear, as if the seal is almost about the break. I did a shallow open-mouth impression, but perhaps my mouth should've been a bit more open.

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #6,224 of 7,417

Too much pressure against my tragus/anti-tragus and when I move my jaw sideways or open my mouth wide, I hear a suction type sound in my left ear, as if the seal is almost about the break. I did a shallow open-mouth impression, but perhaps my mouth should've been a bit more open.

Their refit turnaround time is very fast. The last i did was mailed back to me the next day after arriving.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #6,225 of 7,417

Is that a translucent black shell? Seems a little dark to me. Still, that's a nice classic design.

Anyway, it's too bad that you have fit issues. Hope you get them resolved soon! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back