1964 Ears
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #5,596 of 7,417
My mistake. The Adel | Universal is not likely a V6-Stage with Adel technology.

I thought 1964adel.com was indicating the Universal was based on the V6-Stage, due to the page layout when viewed on my phone and a large leap of my brain!

Above the information for the Universal it has a heading of "STAGE / STUDIO", and then below in the description says "...universal-fit version of the highly successful 1964 EARS V-line..."

The thinking was since the V6-Stage is the only one of the V-line called "Stage", this must be be based on that model. 

Looking at 1964adel.com today on my PC, the layout is different.  Now it's quite clear to me they have two classes of heaphones with the Adel technology ("Lifestyle" and "Stage / Studio") and the "STAGE / STUDIO" heading was not specific to the Adel | Universal model.

I've edited my original post - sorry for the confusion!

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #5,597 of 7,417
Hey guys/gals. I have a quick question. I was wondering what you all recommend for cleaning your in-ears. Apparently during a bit of a long stretch I didn't clean mine too well and the nice clear/light blue color of the canals is turning greenish with wax.

Is it possible to restore them to original condition?

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #5,598 of 7,417
Hey guys/gals. I have a quick question. I was wondering what you all recommend for cleaning your in-ears. Apparently during a bit of a long stretch I didn't clean mine too well and the nice clear/light blue color of the canals is turning greenish with wax.

I use non-alcoholic wet wipes for all of my IEMs. So far, so good.

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #5,599 of 7,417

I use non-alcoholic wet wipes for all of my IEMs. So far, so good.

Do you use those for the inside of the tubes also? The build up appears to be happening on the inside of the two tubes coming from each ear piece.

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #5,600 of 7,417
Do you use those for the inside of the tubes also? The build up appears to be happening on the inside of the two tubes coming from each ear piece.

Do not use any liquid to clean the sound tube, bad things can happen real quick.

Use the provided cleaning tool and scrape out the ear wax with the opening facing downwards.

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #5,604 of 7,417
Yeah, water will do.

Don't use any organic solvents on acrylic, acrylic isn't resistant to many organic solvents.

Oct 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #5,606 of 7,417
Yeah, water will do.

Don't use any organic solvents on acrylic, acrylic isn't resistant to many organic solvents.

So what is best for cleaning acrylic CIEMs? And what about silicone as shops tend to have isopropyl alcohol swabs for customers?

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #5,609 of 7,417

Nope, I use wet wipes solely for the outer surface. For any wax/dirt buildup in the inner tubes, I use the provided cleaning tool to scrape them out.

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #5,610 of 7,417
  Do they have a similar signature? I've been looking through headfi and I'm considering either saving for the v6-stage or SE846 or just getting the stagediver 2.

I've had the SE535 and have the SD2 & V6 Stage.
To my ears the SD2 sounded better (more detail & separation) than the SE535 (found the highs to harsh & sold it), so probably it's also better than the cheaper SE425 which you asked for earlier.
Although the SD2 lacks a little in the bass department (but you can adjust that with your source), it's still a great iem and I've decided to keep it, even now I have the V6 Stage. Yes, the V6S has definitely better SQ than SD2, but the SD2 is really ''bang for buck''. Imo you can't go wrong with either of them, let the wallet decide
biggrin.gif

Btw, here's a list with many reviews that also contains SE535, SD2 & V6S:
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back