1964 Ears
Oct 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #5,553 of 7,417
That won't be for long if you bookmark this website.

Haha, indeed. Sorry for your wallet. A year ago I only had my SE530 + Ipod. Now I have a Sony MDR-7520, Fiio E07K and Headstage Arrow 4G. And soon a CIEM as well. None of which I really needed, but all of which I wanted. Curse this site :)

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #5,555 of 7,417

@Ivabign: What 1964 model are you getting? I thought you already had a universal V8?

He ordered the V6 Stage and V8 (check out his sig)

Yup..... Impressions trimmed - Here's hoping that they get here soon....

V8's the same colors as my universals (sold) and V6S in white/clear....

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #5,557 of 7,417
  Haha, indeed. Sorry for your wallet. A year ago I only had my SE530 + Ipod. Now I have a Sony MDR-7520, Fiio E07K and Headstage Arrow 4G. And soon a CIEM as well. None of which I really needed, but all of which I wanted. Curse this site :)

Yeah. I have a love-hate relationship with my wallet. I love it when my pay comes in, and I hate it at the end of the month. It's practically starved by then.

I'm now deciding between a V3 and a Qi. I don't know why I need one, but I really want one.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #5,558 of 7,417
I know! I just ordered these customs yesterday and I'm already looking around at DAC/Amps.

By the way, anybody have recommendations on that front? :)

I have / use 2 stacks at the moment that have similar footprints:

• DX90/PicoPower
  • X5/E12

If I should have to choose one at the moment, I would pick the X5/E12 for extra batterylife, SQ (although imo they're pretty close), design & extra micro sd slot

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #5,560 of 7,417
Thanks, Kerouac. Can I ask why you use an amp with your DAPs? From what I understand, those players have amps, and that CIEMs don't need much power to drive them.

Originally I bought the amps with the DAP's to drive my LCD2.
Does the V6S really need an extra amp to make it shine when you should choose 1 of those 2 DAP's? Imo no, they will sound fantastic straight out of the player itself. You're right, they both have more than enough power to drive any iem I suppose. But I also noticed that I prefer the soundsignature with these 2 amps compared to iems straight out of the HO. The Pico Power provides a very clean & detailled sound and to my ears it has a slightly better sounding amp than the one inside the DX90.

This is what fleasbaby posted in the X5 thread today:
...So I have been listening to my X5 on its own since I got it. I was an early adopter, and got one of the first to be delivered by B&H. I pre-ordered with them. Philosophically I was opposed to the thought of stacking it with an amp. I wanted it to be an all-in-one solution. And it is...its marvelous on its own. But recently I succumbed to temptation. Familiarity breeds contempt, and so, instead selling the X5, I thought I would try the E12 with the stacking kit...
Color me surprised. It sounds brilliant. Its not like I am driving hard cans (Grado...all the way baby...modded, re-cupped, the works...), but I am getting more detail, and that bass boost...oh my. After months of honest, dry, neutral sound....its like spending 6 months in a monastery eating a vegetarian diet, and then being abducted in your sleep and woken up in a decadent speak-easy by a wanton maid sitting down on your lap and handing you a stiff drink...
That sums it up pretty much imo... especially the (sub)bass boost on the E12 is spectacular. I use it maybe with 10% of the songs I listen to (at the most), but with a song like Angel from Massive Attack or Why So Serious (at around 3½ minute) from The Dark Knight OST it will give you an impression of what your V6 Stage is really capable of in that department...

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #5,561 of 7,417
  Originally I bought the amps with the DAP's to drive my LCD2.
Does the V6S really need an extra amp to make it shine when you should choose 1 of those 2 DAP's? Imo no, they will sound fantastic straight out of the player itself. You're right, they both have more than enough power to dive any iem I suppose. But I also noticed that I prefer the soundsignature with these 2 amps compared to iem straight out of HO. The Pico Power provides a very clean & detailled sound and to my ears it has a slightly better sounding amp than the one inside the DX90.

This is what fleasbaby posted in the X5 thread today:
...So I have been listening to my X5 on its own since I got it. I was an early adopter, and got one of the first to be delivered by B&H. I pre-ordered with them. Philosophically I was opposed to the thought of stacking it with an amp. I wanted it to be an all-in-one solution. And it is...its marvelous on its own. But recently I succumbed to temptation. Familiarity breeds contempt, and so, instead selling the X5, I thought I would try the E12 with the stacking kit...
Color me surprised. It sounds brilliant. Its not like I am driving hard cans (Grado...all the way baby...modded, re-cupped, the works...), but I am getting more detail, and that bass boost...oh my. After months of honest, dry, neutral sound....its like spending 6 months in a monastery eating a vegetarian diet, and then being abducted in your sleep and woken up in a decadent speak-easy by a wanton maid sitting down on your lap and handing you a stiff drink...
That sums it up pretty much imo... especially the (sub)bass boost on the E12 is spectacular. I use it maybe with 10% of the songs I listen to (at the most), but with a song like Angel from Massive Attack or Why So Serious (at around 3½ minute) from The Dark Knight OST it will give you an impression what your V6 Stage is capable of in that department...

Nice description. I plan on using the V6-Stage demo with my iPod Classic + Headstage Arrow 4G amp. I feel like the amp will send it a cleaner signal.

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #5,563 of 7,417

Wow, I love the design on your V6s

I have a pair of JH16fp' that are clear with solid black caps - I like the look of it - plus they are easier to keep clean - not a fan of solid shells.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #5,565 of 7,417
  Does V6S have not any filters in it?cause i can not see filters in the tube.

If you are talking about the IEM designer - it isn't a real V6S or V8 - just a representation for design purposes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back