1964 Ears
Sep 11, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #5,296 of 7,417
hey guys, just wondering which amp would brighten up the V8s a bit more ? 

Any recommendations ?

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #5,299 of 7,417
  hey guys, just wondering which amp would brighten up the V8s a bit more ? 

Any recommendations ?

what are your source? IMO the DAC influence the sig more than the amp in most case.... 

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #5,301 of 7,417
1964 Ears has a really lovely customer service. I e-mailed them twice to fix my order status glitch and to change my shipping address. They replied back so quick maybe <24 hours. From their exceptional service, I have my total passion in my V6 which I can wear the beginning of next month @v@

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #5,302 of 7,417
  1964 Ears has a really lovely customer service. I e-mailed them twice to fix my order status glitch and to change my shipping address. They replied back so quick maybe <24 hours. From their exceptional service, I have my total passion in my V6 which I can wear the beginning of next month @v@

I doubt you will be disappointed. Give yourself some time ( usually a month ) to really listen to them and see how they reproduce the audio. I ordered my V8s about 6 months ago and still love them for what they are. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #5,303 of 7,417
Hi all. I placed my order for the v6 yesterday :D Very excited for them. That being said, I am now looking for an appropriate DAP to pair these with. I've been eyeing the X5 and the DX90. Anyone have one of these two combos? Recommendations? I've also been keeping an eye on the X1 but I know that doesn't measure up to the above mentioned. If i'm going to spend this much on in ears i need an appropriate DAP for them :)

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #5,305 of 7,417
  Hi all. I placed my order for the v6 yesterday :D Very excited for them. That being said, I am now looking for an appropriate DAP to pair these with. I've been eyeing the X5 and the DX90. Anyone have one of these two combos? Recommendations? I've also been keeping an eye on the X1 but I know that doesn't measure up to the above mentioned. If i'm going to spend this much on in ears i need an appropriate DAP for them :)

Both DX90 and X5 are very good, but I have not tried them with v6 (I am also waiting like you =D). I found the high to be smoother on the DX90, but the low is tighter on the X5. It depends whether you like bass or not. If not, I think DX90 is a good match to smooth out the high of the V6. I hope this helps because I tried them with XBA3 to get a sense of how both players reacting to BA.

There are only slight difference with both, but I prefer using DX90 on BA(s) because it is not hard to get tight bass out of a BA. Having said that, I purchased the X5 because soundstage was important to me and the amp on the X5 is slightly better to drive my other dynamic monitors. The lineout on the X5 is so much better than DX90. I went for X5 in terms of features, but DX90 should be a better sounding player for just the V6.

CIEM on X1 maybe a waste because you will lose some details. Besides, X1 is not ultra portable which I can take for exercise. X3 will be a better choice if you are on a budget.

I will update you once I get my v6 in 2 weeks ^^ so excited 
L3000.gif
 assembled step 6

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #5,306 of 7,417
does anybody has this problem?

Just listened on YouTube (in HD) and the vocals are very much front and center. This with Notebook PC > Bifrost > Project Ember > V6-Stage.

If I just use the headphone jack on my notebook direct to the V6-Stage it adds a bunch of mid-bass that dominates over the vocals some, but they are still sound OK.

What are you driving your V6 with?

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #5,310 of 7,417
Both DX90 and X5 are very good, but I have not tried them with v6 (I am also waiting like you =D). I found the high to be smoother on the DX90, but the low is tighter on the X5. It depends whether you like bass or not. If not, I think DX90 is a good match to smooth out the high of the V6. I hope this helps because I tried them with XBA3 to get a sense of how both players reacting to BA.

There are only slight difference with both, but I prefer using DX90 on BA(s) because it is not hard to get tight bass out of a BA. Having said that, I purchased the X5 because soundstage was important to me and the amp on the X5 is slightly better to drive my other dynamic monitors. The lineout on the X5 is so much better than DX90. I went for X5 in terms of features, but DX90 should be a better sounding player for just the V6.

CIEM on X1 maybe a waste because you will lose some details. Besides, X1 is not ultra portable which I can take for exercise. X3 will be a better choice if you are on a budget.

I will update you once I get my v6 in 2 weeks ^^ so excited 
L3000.gif
 assembled step 6

Thank you. This helps a lot. I look forward to hearing back from you after you get to play around with the v6 x5 combo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back