1964 Ears
Aug 2, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #5,176 of 7,417
I will get my V8's and the theorem 720 on tuesday, I don't know how to describe this feeling xDD

Just know that it pales in comparison to the moment after you plug the V8's into your ears and turn the volume knob up! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #5,177 of 7,417
I have the HTC One M8 (rooted with harman kardon edition installed)

I am using the 1964ears V3 custom IEMs and was wondering if I would benefit from getting a portable amp/dac combo and if it is worth the extra carry-on?

I hear these IEMs are fairly efficient and I would rather not carry around a Fiio E07k (for example) with my phone if it isn't needed. Although I did spend $500 on these and want them to reach their full potential.

Can I have your thoughts and help please?!

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #5,178 of 7,417

I am using the 1964ears V3 custom IEMs and was wondering if I would benefit from getting a portable amp/dac combo and if it is worth the extra carry-on?

I hear these IEMs are fairly efficient and I would rather not carry around a Fiio E07k (for example) with my phone if it isn't needed. Although I did spend $500 on these and want them to reach their full potential.

I prefer strapping an amp (either of two) to my AK100, to me, the V3's just sound better through an amp. It's hard to put a finger on (and it might even just be psychological :D), might even be a slight difference b/w sound sig of amp & DAC, but that's my preference.

Do you absolutely need one with the V3's ? Not unless your source has higher impedance than it should have (and even then you still might like the sound); for example, I auditioned the AK100 Mk1 which has 22Ω output impedance, the V3's just didn't sound right, so I bought the MkII which has 3Ω output impedance & they sound great through that.

So if you're using them with your phone, and you're happy with the sound, leave it at that :wink:

Aug 3, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #5,179 of 7,417

If you want to reach it's full potential, then a better source would be ideal. If you rather not carry an extra stack on your phone, how about getting a dedicated DAP?

Try to audition some and compare with your HTC to see if the difference is worth it for you.

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #5,183 of 7,417
Waiting for a sale. Do you guys think there will be one this coming Black Friday?

The wait is already like 4-5 weeks. I'd imagine it jumping up to something like 2+ months if you get it during black friday.

They might have one, but it'll probably only be like 10%-20% off. It's already really cheap compared to other CIEM companies so there's only so much they can discount.

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #5,185 of 7,417
I think they had 15% off last Black Friday if I recall correctly.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #5,186 of 7,417
Poor nexus 5 photo xDD

Omg this are ******* awesome... Burning them trough the theorem with Linking park, Two steps from hell, Daft Punk, Overwerk... This are a impressive all rounder customs.

Will post my final impressions after giving them a little "burning" time. In the first songs the bass was shy in comparison with the bass that now delivers, so, there is a improvement. To the question if it hisses with the theorem, Yes, but it's only audible if you are listening at extremely low volumes, and I repeat, extremely low volumes. Once you crank the volume pot a bit, it disappears. You will heard more ground noise than hiss, is a rubbish in rubbish out dac/amp. I have had to download the most part of my library in higher quality due this xDD

To be continued... XD

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #5,187 of 7,417
Poor nexus 5 photo xDD

Omg this are ******* awesome... Burning them trough the theorem with Linking park, Two steps from hell, Daft Punk, Overwerk... This are a impressive all rounder customs.

Will post my final impressions after giving them a little "burning" time. In the first songs the bass was shy in comparison with the bass that now delivers, so, there is a improvement. To the question if it hisses with the theorem, Yes, but it's only audible if you are listening at extremely low volumes, and I repeat, extremely low volumes. Once you crank the volume pot a bit, it disappears. You will heard more ground noise than hiss, is a rubbish in rubbish out dac/amp. I have had to download the most part of my library in higher quality due this xDD

To be continued... XD

What model are those? And how is it with the theorem? Any hiss?

Aug 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #5,189 of 7,417
1964 ears V8's, and yes there is a little bit off hiss as I explained in the previous post.

Vey nice - the clear acrylic shows their craftsmanship - with my RSA amp - hiss is nonexistent. The V8 isn't prone to hiss.

Aug 9, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #5,190 of 7,417
Vey nice - the clear acrylic shows their craftsmanship - with my RSA amp - hiss is nonexistent. The V8 isn't prone to hiss.

How sounds trough the Rsa? bass etc...

This photo doesn't make any justice. The clear shell is awesome, you can observe every single piece inside the shell. I will post more and better photos soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back