1964 Ears
Jun 21, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #5,056 of 7,417
  Well, get another than.  Jeeze.

I know, I know... Really. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #5,057 of 7,417
Very nice - great choice of color - the blue looks like sapphire - and the caps are great - did they get the artwork like you imagined? (or was shown on the IEM designer?)

it was great as I expected, I did send them the design on a png format attach with the screen shot from the designer for the placement of the artwork.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #5,059 of 7,417
it was great as I expected, I did send them the design on a png format attach with the screen shot from the designer for the placement of the artwork.

Hopefully mine will came out like yours. Cant wait for it!

it will Bro, technically it is simply adding the acetate prints on top of the faceplate and pouring another acrylic colorless to seal it as shown on the video. the waiting part sucks but it was all worth it.

Jun 21, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #5,060 of 7,417
  Well, get another than.  Jeeze.

Kidding, It's probably your concha is asymetrical.  Customs are perfect solution for asyemtric ears like ours.  Mine is also.  Same sized universal tips don't seal the same on both left and right ear for me.  I'm guessing the same for you also.  I only recently found this out, as before I didn't pay attention to it.

that's what i mean

Jun 21, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #5,061 of 7,417

Guys which colour of blue is this? I want mine to be exactly like this. I cnt seem to find the same font with the V6(RED) and stage(white)

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #5,062 of 7,417

Guys which colour of blue is this? I want mine to be exactly like this. I cnt seem to find the same font with the V6(RED) and stage(white)

I'll be honest here, I like the blue side.  That looks very clean and nice.  The red, the V6 logo is kinda blended in to the red.  I feel if it was blue, it would make a good contrast and make more sense, and look really nice.  

But man, that's a pretty sweet design.  It's very clean.

Jun 21, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #5,063 of 7,417
  I'll be honest here, I like the blue side.  That looks very clean and nice.  The red, the V6 logo is kinda blended in to the red.  I feel if it was blue, it would make a good contrast and make more sense, and look really nice.  

But man, that's a pretty sweet design.  It's very clean.

Ikr looks awesome. Yeah if the red one has a blue V6 will look better. This is not my pic btw. I saw this on fb. I'd like mine to be like this. Clean and simple

Jun 21, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #5,065 of 7,417
Greetings V8 owners. Just a newbie have a quick question regarding the V8. Do you guys think the V8 and AK120 would be a good pairing? Im still waiting for my V8 to arrive and there is this crazy deal on the AK120 until the end of this month! Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #5,066 of 7,417
  Greetings V8 owners. Just a newbie have a quick question regarding the V8. Do you guys think the V8 and AK120 would be a good pairing? Im still waiting for my V8 to arrive and there is this crazy deal on the AK120 until the end of this month! Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

might as well get the AK120 II this july, thats the reason they have it on sale. some AK120 users compared it with ibasso's DX90 and they prefer the later most. more punchy on the lows but in a controlled representation and those sabre DACs are really good in gathering clarity and layers of details. although AK120 will give you more of a warm side, but then of course YMMV.

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #5,067 of 7,417
  might as well get the AK120 II this july, thats the reason they have it on sale. some AK120 users compared it with ibasso's DX90 and they prefer the later most. more punchy on the lows but in a controlled representation and those sabre DACs are really good in gathering clarity and layers of details. although AK120 will give you more of a warm side, but then of course YMMV.

I agree that DX90 has forward presentation, and you an feel it with your ears, but interms of resolving ability, not quite there compared to it's LO with a good amp.  I also think Wolfson is warm, I have the ipod 5.5G DIYmod, and it's DAC is also Wolfson, and it's warm sounding, textures not forward like the ES series DACs.  I also have the 6G with Cirrus DAC, and yes, it's closer to ES DACs, but with punchier bass.  In terms of realism, all these cannot compete with ibasso HDP R10 with it's non-mobile ES9018 with an excellent amp section that puts out not as forward with micro details than the thick details of the DX90, but more than the Wolfson, with various level of forwardness in the details(with higher higher resolution) make it very accurate sounding player.  With it's powerful amp, it creates wide sounds stage.  I wonder how the AK120 compares to my DIYmod 5.5G ipod LO, with a good amp?

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #5,068 of 7,417
Currently deciding between the V8 or V6 stage, I like my UM3x, not sure whether the V8 is fully bass oriented ciem, or if it just has better bass but maintains the same clarity in the mids and highs as the V6, any advice? I like to listen to rock and metal.

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #5,069 of 7,417

Thanks for the reply Olanzky. My current list of dap I had in mind to pair with the V8 (based just pure reading) AK240 -> AK120 II -> AK120 -> Calyx M -> DX90 -> Fiio X5 -> iPod Classic. The reason I'm trying to avoid the first 2 is because of the crazy pricing here in Melbourne. I've heard some pretty good reviews on the DX90 but was turned off solely because of its incompatibility with Mac. I did audition some of the dap like the AK series with a universal Roxanne, but to my untrained ears i can't really tell whether is it the DAP or the Roxanne that sounded good (perhaps its a combination of both). 

Gosh making these decision is even harder than my Masters exam. 
blink.gif

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #5,070 of 7,417
  Currently deciding between the V8 or V6 stage, I like my UM3x, not sure whether the V8 is fully bass oriented ciem, or if it just has better bass but maintains the same clarity in the mids and highs as the V6, any advice? I like to listen to rock and metal.

I auditioned both the v8 and v6-staged a few days ago. Only auditioned the v8 for a while because I knew I couldn't afford it and was more interested in the v6-staged. To me if you like bass, then hands down the v8 does justice. The bass is big, goes down very strong but doesn't affect the clarity of the mids at all and keeping the detailed highs as it is. Its amazing that its able to do that.

On the other hand, the v6 staged bass isn't as strong in terms of quantity but the quality is there. Tight and accurate bass. So its tuned more balanced compared to v8s.
The question is how much of bass do you like. Because the clarity on both is not affected by the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back