1964 Ears
Jun 11, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #5,026 of 7,417
Wow. I selected the exact same combo on one earpiece - translucent black plate with smoke shell and blue logo. Was worried about how it'd turn out and I love the look of yours in that combo. Can't wait for mine!!! :cool:

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #5,027 of 7,417
  Got my V3 in the mail today. Fired up a few favourite tracks and loving these so far.
It took exactly 30 days since they accepted impressions. I couldn't decide on custom art, so went plain. Smoke shells and black translucent face plate.

Very classy look....

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #5,030 of 7,417
Has anyone ever done solid shells with clear faceplates?  I would love to see a pic of an actual pair to see how the really look.  I'm wondering how well you would see all the cool internals.  I'm really diggin' these right now.  Almost enough to put in an order even though my current V8 order is 5/10!

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #5,031 of 7,417
With a vocal centric track, just noticed bass bleeding into the mids, and can't make out the vocals well with the V3(sound engineering wasn't done well with the recording, as the way the mic was picking up the sound wansn't optimal).  This is why additional bass can be bad.  I guess bass can be separated also if the phones are capable, then bass boost probably would not bleed into the mids?  Other than that, it's a great valued CIEM.  

Jun 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #5,033 of 7,417
  Sent my deposit to 1964 Ears for the V8 demo. Hopefully it comes in soon!

Have they given you a time frame for the return? And given you a window for purchase prior to the price increase? I imagine so...

Please take a pic when you get it - I wonder if they are using their Universal molds for their demos...

Cheers

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #5,036 of 7,417

Sent my deposit to 1964 Ears for the V8 demo. Hopefully it comes in soon!

Have they given you a time frame for the return? And given you a window for purchase prior to the price increase? I imagine so...

Please take a pic when you get it - I wonder if they are using their Universal molds for their demos...

Cheers

Out of curiosity, can you give us a comparison of your V8 and 1p2? What is the difference in their sound signatures and which do you like better or use more? What kind of music are they best suited for?  I am interested in both but can only get one right now.

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #5,037 of 7,417

Out of curiosity, can you give us a comparison of your V8 and 1p2? What is the difference in their sound signatures and which do you like better or use more? What kind of music are they best suited for?  I am interested in both but can only get one right now.

oops - didn't spot this until now.

I need some time to really get a feel for the 1p2 - only have had them less than two weeks and the pair I bought had less than 50 hours -  I also just got some TS500 Comply because my seal wasn't the best, so I still need to burn them in and listen a lot more...

But - they are interesting - they need more power to fly than my CIEMs - they are supremely detailed and have a great soundstage... bass is really punchy - sharp bass - really quick - very much like a speaker as opposed to a headphone if that means anything :)

The review isn't in yet 

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #5,038 of 7,417
Well, it came a day early! Though, I did have to go pick it up because my local FedEx guy seems to be allergic to doorbells and knocking on doors. :/

Either way, it's here now and I'm listening to them right now! I'll reserve my judgement until near the end of the demo period (I'll be using these as my only headphones for the demo period), but my first impressions are pretty good! They're warmer and less toothy than my ideal, and the bass can be a bit soft (not flabby or loose, but not as snappy or defined as my other headphones), but overall they sound pretty nice, natural, and detailed. EQing the upper treble and midrange up a bit definitely helps a lot, but I want to get a good idea of the headphones without EQing, so I'll be keeping the EQ off for as much as I can.

They're definitely by far the best sounding IEMs I've ever heard, the treble really isn't problematic like it is on other IEMs I've heard. However, I do know that apparently the treble goes down a bit and the bass up a bit once you go from universal to custom.

The soundstage is surprising. It's very side-focused and doesn't really have a center image, but it's far wider than other IEMs I've heard. Usually, IEMs sound very much like all of the sound is coming from inside your head (which I don't like), and these don't. They sound like the music is coming from right outside your ears. They're not as wide as my D7000's for example (very good soundstage for a closed headphone), but I would say these have a soundstage similar to an average closed over-ear headphone.

Comfort is top notch, they're extremely comfortable with the large comply-type tips. I think I've gotten a hang of the insertion technique. They do put a bit of pressure on a small part of my outer ear, but it's minimal.

So far so good! They seem like a great easy listening headphone for long listening sessions (which is exactly what I need them for). I'll update as the demo period continues.

And here is the promised picture for ya, Ivabign!

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #5,039 of 7,417

Enjoy!

I like the color! 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back