1964 Ears
Jun 7, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #4,997 of 7,417
Foobar -> ODAC or Bifrost -> Project Ember -> V6-Stage Universals.

This combo regularly leaves me astounded at the quality and realism of the music playback I now get to experience. It's actually better than I was possible. Sold my TF10 & W4R, and my Earsonics SM64 and Beyerdynamic T90 rarely see any use.

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #4,999 of 7,417
Hi guys, I realized that even my V3 is very accurate on the high end.  Of course it cannot sound natural like some full sized cans as this is still BA iems.  It does indeed picks up details and clarity is there, the only problem is the bass.  If they taper off the bass a bit, and think it would be very accurate with better clarity and details.  I recommend the V3 for guys that want to test out how the customs are like.

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #5,000 of 7,417
  Hi guys, I realized that even my V3 is very accurate on the high end.  Of course it cannot sound natural like some full sized cans as this is still BA iems.  It does indeed picks up details and clarity is there, the only problem is the bass.  If they taper off the bass a bit, and think it would be very accurate with better clarity and details.  I recommend the V3 for guys that want to test out how the customs are like.

I ordered the v3s. I hope they're good for $450!

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #5,002 of 7,417
  For the price, they are very good.  It's hard to find even universals that does as well as V3 at that price point, some even at 800-1000 mark.  It is pretty revealing you will find out.  Have fun comparing sources. :p

I plan on running it out of my HTC One M8 harmon kardon edition, hopefully not too sensitive for a lot of hissing. If so I may need an external amp/dac. I need to use my phone because of spotify though.

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #5,003 of 7,417
  I plan on running it out of my HTC One M8 harmon kardon edition, hopefully not too sensitive for a lot of hissing. If so I may need an external amp/dac. I need to use my phone because of spotify though.

What's nice about V3 is, it sounds well out of any portable device.  I use it with S4 and it doesn't sound worse than my desktop source.  It's pretty consistent.

It is sensitive.  Low output impedance is a must I think. I lowered my gain on my O2 amp.  As for smartphones, no problem with gain.  Iphones and galaxy phones(newer low output impedance models) would do great, don't know about HTC.  No portable amp required, but my O2 does enhance the stage like perception and sound more realistic.  That's coming out of ODAC, as I feel provides lots of clarity and details.

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #5,004 of 7,417
  What's nice about V3 is, it sounds well out of any portable device.  I use it with S4 and it doesn't sound worse than my desktop source.  It's pretty consistent.

It is sensitive.  Low output impedance is a must I think. I lowered my gain on my O2 amp.  As for smartphones, no problem with gain.  Iphones and galaxy phones(newer low output impedance models) would do great, don't know about HTC.  No portable amp required, but my O2 does enhance the stage like perception and sound more realistic.  That's coming out of ODAC, as I feel provides lots of clarity and details.

From what I've read the HTC One M8 has low output impedance and can run off multiple BA without much trouble. I wish they put out specs for it though.

Jun 7, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #5,006 of 7,417
  Do the clear 1964ear cables turn green? I ordered clear and don't want this happening :p

Mine is starting to get a greenish tint to it and I've had mine since November iirc

Jun 7, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #5,007 of 7,417
someone asked about silver cables a couple post back.
silver dulls but doesn't green.
thats what i like about my Toxic cables silver widow or poison forgot XP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back