1964 Ears
Jun 19, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #5,041 of 7,417
Thank you!

Actually, I'm using the Emotiva XDA-2 DAC/Amp with them at the moment. The XDA-2's headphone amp is the only appropriately low output impedance headphone amp I have at the moment (SGS3 is 4 ohm, M-Stage is 5 ohm, and XDA-2 is 0.1 ohm). I'd love to have another low output impedance amp so I can try the ODAC. It's a stellar dac for my D7000's.

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #5,042 of 7,417
I just got a Predator - unsure what the output impedance is - doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. Haven't tried the V8's through it yet - but there doesn't appear to be any effect on highs or lows with my JH16 - other than it sounding pretty brilliant! I am using low gain....

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #5,043 of 7,417
Ok so yesterday I emailed Rachel regarding the price increase from 1st July 2014. She confirms that the model v6-staged would not have a price increase which is good news for me. I need to save some more bucks before jumping onto these as my first pair of customs 
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #5,044 of 7,417
  Ok so yesterday I emailed Rachel regarding the price increase from 1st July 2014. She confirms that the model v6-staged would not have a price increase which is good news for me. I need to save some more bucks before jumping onto these as my first pair of customs 
biggrin.gif

The price increase is only for the V8, they introduced it at a $100 discount to increase interest and will be reverting back to MSRP on July 1st.

I borrowed an old iPhone 4 for portable use (also low output impedance) and it pairs extremely well with the V8! I've already figured out how to jury rig everything so I can use my SGS3's data to drive Spotify on the iPhone 4 when I'm on-the-go. :)

Listening to one of my favorite albums, Yo-Yo Ma's Goat Rodeo Sessions.

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #5,045 of 7,417
biggrin.gif

That's good news for everyone! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Will save until November/December for the Black Friday Sale. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #5,046 of 7,417
my V8 just arrived yesterday and it took exactly 5 weeks upon receiving my impression. everything is all good from the build quality to the sound quality. ill try to write an impression as soon as i have my topkits from highflight on my PB2. been playing this along with DX90 and DAC Magic+ and WA6 for desktop. enjoy some of my unboxing pics.

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #5,047 of 7,417
  my V8 just arrived yesterday and it took exactly 5 weeks upon receiving my impression. everything is all good from the build quality to the sound quality. ill try to write an impression as soon as i have my topkits from highflight on my PB2. been playing this along with DX90 and DAC Magic+ and WA6 for desktop. enjoy some of my unboxing pics.

any fitting problem?

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #5,048 of 7,417
none at all. the fit is so good you won't feel wearing one at all. the ear impression is really important so make sure to find a good audiologist for it. I was living outside USA but they have their partners worldwide. also they would require you to send at least 3 dimension shot of your impression before sending them in.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #5,049 of 7,417

Wow! That's sweeeeeet!! Outcome is superb! Didn't know you had it already olanzk, or just came today? Cant wait for mine.

Si bryan to sir! Hehe..

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #5,050 of 7,417
Very nice - great choice of color - the blue looks like sapphire - and the caps are great - did they get the artwork like you imagined? (or was shown on the IEM designer?)

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #5,051 of 7,417
none at all. the fit is so good you won't feel wearing one at all. the ear impression is really important so make sure to find a good audiologist for it. I was living outside USA but they have their partners worldwide. also they would require you to send at least 3 dimension shot of your impression before sending them in.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

greet!
but my V6S's left and right faceplate are different size.one's big and one's small. seems like two people's ear impression...

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #5,052 of 7,417
Wow Olanzky,

Your V8s turned out great. I'm really looking forward to receiving mines in the next few weeks. I was quoted a 5 week turn around time from when they received my impressions.

I'm outside of the US too. I ended up sending about 5 photos of each ear impression before I mailed in mines. I'll report back on the fit when I receive them. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #5,053 of 7,417
  greet!
but my V6S's left and right faceplate are different size.one's big and one's small. seems like two people's ear impression...

Do you have other pairs of customs? Ones with equal size caps? If this is your only pair, it might be your ears :-D

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #5,055 of 7,417
  just got one custom only
confused_face.gif

Well, get another than.  Jeeze.

Kidding, It's probably your concha is asymetrical.  Customs are perfect solution for asyemtric ears like ours.  Mine is also.  Same sized universal tips don't seal the same on both left and right ear for me.  I'm guessing the same for you also.  I only recently found this out, as before I didn't pay attention to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back