1964 Ears
Jun 6, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #4,981 of 7,417
How about this one? Ice Blue Transparent Shell and Black Faceplate.

8usuvade.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's nice! 

Wonder how the logos would look in silver with the ice blue? 

My V6-Stage universals are red wine translucent with black faceplates, and the silver logo pops off the black faceplate in a nice way.

How about this?

qadaja9u.jpg

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #4,982 of 7,417
...or a mix of silver and gold?

9e9apube.jpg

Sorry for the multiple posts. I cannot edit my post using Tapatalk. :frowning2:

Jun 6, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #4,984 of 7,417
  My review (first review) is up for the 1964 Ears V8

http://www.head-fi.org/products/1964-ears-v8-eight-driver-custom-iem/reviews/11131

Very well done review.  Informative with an entertaining writing style!

All you need now is a Project Ember amp to reveal what those V8s can really do!

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #4,985 of 7,417
Do you guys think they'll be having a Sale later this month, just like the Labor Day Sale? I'm thinking of holding my acquisition and wait for the Sale, if ever.

They probably won't have any sales soon. They have a ton of orders to fulfill and they can't push it back more or people will complain. I think that was the reason why they didn't have a memorial day sale. Plus it's stupid to give a discount when there's a lot of people paying full price. And this isn't an item you can make in bulk either.

Black Friday for sure though :)

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #4,986 of 7,417
They probably won't have any sales soon. They have a ton of orders to fulfill and they can't push it back more or people will complain. I think that was the reason why they didn't have a memorial day sale. Plus it's stupid to give a discount when there's a lot of people paying full price. And this isn't an item you can make in bulk either.

Black Friday for sure though
smily_headphones1.gif

And there is no way they would further discount the V8 - as it is already $100 off the MSRP now...(tip July 1st, maybe)  One hell of a value.

Jun 6, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #4,987 of 7,417
Just stumbled onto this thread. Had money set aside for a desktop amp for my LCD-2 but looks like it's not gonna happen. Will be getting an ear impression soon. I see V8 in my future.

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #4,988 of 7,417

Black Friday for sure though
smily_headphones1.gif

Then Black Friday it is! Since I still have other obligations to attend to, might just save for the best sale of the year. 
tongue.gif

Edit:
It is confirmed that they'll be increasing the prices of their CIEMs July 1st. Probably the discounted price on Black Firday Sale might be the same with the current pricing today. 
frown.gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #4,989 of 7,417
Then Black Friday it is! Since I still have other obligations to attend to, might just save for the best sale of the year. :p

Edit:
It is confirmed that they'll be increasing the prices of their CIEMs July 1st. Probably the discounted price on Black Firday Sale might be the same with the current pricing today. :frowning2:  

Where did you hear that they are increasing their prices? If that's true I need to get to ordering my CIEMS soon, thanks for the heads up!

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #4,990 of 7,417
Where did you hear that they are increasing their prices? If that's true I need to get to ordering my CIEMS soon, thanks for the heads up!

I have first seen it on the last few pages of this thread. Then I emailed them to confirm:

Hi Ronnel, We are planning a price increase July 1st. An announcement will be made one week before the price increase. 

That was sent by Rachel Heathman of 1964 EARS.

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #4,991 of 7,417
I haven't heard anything about an increase in pricing - I was told they were going to revisit the discount on the V8 the end of the month.... How unimpeachable is your source?

EDIT: just saw the above post - wow... I guess it is inevitable. Evan at $899, the V8 is $250/$400 lower than some of the majors... I imagine it will be $50 here, $50 there - nothing humongous...

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #4,992 of 7,417
Alright, thanks for the information, I must have missed that discussion earlier in the thread. That's too bad, 1964 has always been known as a company with great value for the money compared to other CIEM makers. If they're getting tons of orders, I suppose it makes sense to increase prices, but I hope it's not too drastic a change. Looks like I'll try to place my order before June 24, as I imagine they'll get flooded with even more orders after they announce a price increase officially.

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #4,993 of 7,417
  I haven't heard anything about an increase in pricing - I was told they were going to revisit the discount on the V8 the end of the month.... How unimpeachable is your source?

EDIT: just saw the above post - wow... I guess it is inevitable. Evan at $899, the V8 is $250/$400 lower than some of the majors... I imagine it will be $50 here, $50 there - nothing humongous...

This is what I also expect. I just hope the Black Friday Sale would offset that price increase. 
tongue.gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #4,994 of 7,417
  This is what I also expect. I just hope the Black Friday Sale would offset that price increase. 
tongue.gif

They don't need to go toe-to-toe with JHA, Noble, UE, etc.... pricewise, but I think they are pretty smart - and don't want to lose the "value" tag. But they also have to battle the impression that they are a second-tier custom house - some people won't consider them because they don't expect the high quality if the price is too low - it's a vicious circle 
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #4,995 of 7,417
  They don't need to go toe-to-toe with JHA, Noble, UE, etc.... pricewise, but I think they are pretty smart - and don't want to lose the "value" tag. But they also have to battle the impression that they are a second-tier custom house - some people won't consider them because they don't expect the high quality if the price is too low - it's a vicious circle 
biggrin.gif

Good thing we are not that some people
smily_headphones1.gif

Judging by the designs, it's safe to say they make one of the best CIEMs in the market! At a reasonable price!

...and the endorsed artists too... I know most of them. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back