1964 Ears
Mar 18, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #6,661 of 7,417
Are we allowed to use artwork like this? I notice they tweeted about a set of headphones with Finn and Jake from the show Adventure Time so I would assume something like this would be alright?

I have the same design sitting on cart for the past 5 months. Trying hard not to punch the 'order' button,

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #6,662 of 7,417
I have the same design sitting on cart for the past 5 months. Trying hard not to punch the 'order' button,

Oh man, glad to see we are on the same boat.... I see you have the V3, how does it stack up to the SE846s?

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #6,664 of 7,417

Oh man, glad to see we are on the same boat.... I see you have the V3, how does it stack up to the SE846s?

SE846 + Sweet Mids. Vocals forward (great for some genres)
           + Sub woofer like bass (they were no BSing) that does not bleed.
           + Filter swap and tip-rolling gives you the ability to tweak sound to your preference

V3s + Better treble, Soundstage and imaging.
       + Detail retrieval about the same.
       + Does not need a DAP to shine.       
       + Holy cow, I can't believe its only $500.

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #6,666 of 7,417
SE846 + Sweet Mids. Vocals forward (great for some genres)
           + Sub woofer like bass (they were no BSing) that does not bleed.
           + Filter swap and tip-rolling gives you the ability to tweak sound to your preference

V3s + Better treble, Soundstage and imaging.
       + Detail retrieval about the same.
       + Does not need a DAP to shine.       
       + Holy cow, I can't believe its only $500.

Awesome thanks for the info! Im guessing then then V6S would best about all the totl universals out there. Just trying to find that reason to click that order button....

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #6,667 of 7,417
Awesome thanks for the info! Im guessing then then V6S would best about all the totl universals out there. Just trying to find that reason to click that order button....

I would PM ivabign, he has a lot of these totl ciems and rates the V6S highly. Are you going for customs or universal fit?

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #6,668 of 7,417
  I would PM ivabign, he has a lot of these totl ciems and rates the V6S highly. Are you going for customs or universal fit?

I'm definitely going for the customs. Much better isolation and I have seen a pretty noticeable increase in SQ going customs with my SE425.

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #6,669 of 7,417

I'm definitely going for the customs. Much better isolation and I have seen a pretty noticeable increase in SQ going customs with my SE425.

Well, it depends on how well your fit is :)

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #6,672 of 7,417
  Lol Ivabign, what a nice arsenal. I just ordered one of those UE cases by the way. That guy should send you a commission, lol. How do the V8 compare to the 8As?

8A is thicker, more lush, while the V8 is a bit brighter - they both have big, but accurate bass that knows when to show up - They are two different flavors for sure. I just am a sucker for an 8 BA headphone (JH16fp too!)

I would agree with Ivabign! I would say that the 8.A has a more immersive wide soundstage, sort of like a warm heavy blanket in the cold winter. The V8 is like big fireworks in the summer ... they explode in a good way, very precise imaging, where the 8.A wants you to feel where the sound is from not think it.

I would use the V8 if I want to dissect music and still thump, and the 8.A if I wanna get lost in the music.

This is from owning the 8.A for a while now and listing to the V8 but not owning them :)

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #6,674 of 7,417
I've put an order for the V6 stages (rush order). Very impressed with their customer service. Got an email this morning saying they've received my impressions, however the right ear impression needs to be redone as the canal was built up. Asked me to take a few pictures of it before sending the new one in.

I'm kinda annoyed as I want them NOW, but very happy at the same time as they pay so much attention to detail wanting to get things right.

Far more impressed compared with my experience to JHA.

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #6,675 of 7,417
I've put an order for the V6 stages (rush order). Very impressed with their customer service. Got an email this morning saying they've received my impressions, however the right ear impression needs to be redone as the canal was built up. Asked me to take a few pictures of it before sending the new one in.

I'm kinda annoyed as I want them NOW, but very happy at the same time as they pay so much attention to detail wanting to get things right.

Far more impressed compared with my experience to JHA.

Yeah, if I ever get another pair of CIEMs, I'm not going with JHA again. While I found the customer service to be okay, it could definitely be a lot better, especially considering the prices they charge. They need to communicate more, about status of order, remaining wait time, etc. This is 2015! People need information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back