1964 Ears
Jan 17, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #6,451 of 7,417
You would think they would have been cheaper then the customs.

I tend to agree and it would stand to reason since they aren't prepping a mold each time one hits the bench, but anything that 'breaks' a process (set up to produce customs) does incur other overhead I imagine. Not trying to defend 1964 just reasoning. Regardless, they should definitely ramp-up a mainstream universal model a la churn out a couple of doze at once - economies of scale...

+1

I ordered my V6 Stage universal fit 4 months ago. I chose the uf for exactly the same reason as you and never regretted that choice for a moment.

But....I had the double flange silicone tips only laying around because I got them extra with a JVC-FX650 that I bought earlier on HF.

I wonder when they started sending double flange tips (good choice) with them? As I only received 3 foamies then...

Right! They a so much more comfortable than true UF. I was constantly adjusting my UE Universals. These just pop in a sec without fiddling and then you simply enjoy.

Beautiful pictures Mike. I really appreciate your effort to show how it looks in the ear. Really do look flush, small and comfortable!

Thanks for that. I hoped to provide information that was harder to find when I was researching. Though they are some, it seems few did these in universal form. Whereas other higher end producers offer Universals, 1964 is much more discrete about it.

By the way, these are making me re-listen to every one of my music tracks. I was missing so much detail before. All I can say is wow.

Cheers!

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #6,452 of 7,417
Btw I have sent emails to 1964 asking about the V6 Stage but they didn't offer a coupon. They also said they won't be having sales for a very long time? :frowning2:

They had a few sales recently so I wouldn't expect more soon either. Plus they have ADEL to work on. There might be early bird pricing when the new ADEL IEMs come out though(for the newer models only).

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #6,453 of 7,417
I tend to agree and it would stand to reason since they aren't prepping a mold each time one hits the bench, but anything that 'breaks' a process (set up to produce customs) does incur other overhead I imagine. Not trying to defend 1964 just reasoning. Regardless, they should definitely ramp-up a mainstream universal model a la churn out a couple of doze at once - economies of scale...
Right! They a so much more comfortable than true UF. I was constantly adjusting my UE Universals. These just pop in a sec without fiddling and then you simply enjoy.
Thanks for that. I hoped to provide information that was harder to find when I was researching. Though they are some, it seems few did these in universal form. Whereas other higher end producers offer Universals, 1964 is much more discrete about it.

By the way, these are making me re-listen to every one of my music tracks. I was missing so much detail before. All I can say is wow.

Cheers!

One of the reasons they only offer the $25 discount on the UF is that they are still just as customizable as the custom fit - colors, wood, artwork - all these options are available. I am sure if 1964 were to switch to a "one-size-fits-all" shell, the economies of scale would allow for a larger discount. I for one like the idea of a "custom" universal - it is the best of both worlds. 

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #6,455 of 7,417

One of the reasons they only offer the $25 discount on the UF is that they are still just as customizable as the custom fit - colors, wood, artwork - all these options are available. I am sure if 1964 were to switch to a "one-size-fits-all" shell, the economies of scale would allow for a larger discount. I for one like the idea of a "custom" universal - it is the best of both worlds. 

I think you just described the U-series!

Jan 17, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #6,456 of 7,417
4ac2fb50b677f70d00fefaf32a5553c8.jpg

Finally step 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #6,457 of 7,417
Just noticed, V6 model disappeared from the 1964 website? Huh? :D

https://www.1964ears.com/products

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #6,458 of 7,417
  Just noticed, V6 model disappeared from the 1964 website? Huh? :D

https://www.1964ears.com/products

So, I guess from now on it has officially become a collectors item...
Lucky owners
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #6,460 of 7,417
Maybe they just weren't selling enough of the non-Stage V6 to bother continuing to offer it.

-OR-

Maybe they are making room on the Products page for the A10 and A12.

Hoping the latter as I'm anxious to configure my KS A12!

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #6,461 of 7,417
Just got this from a help desk:

"For the V6 model, there’s no replacement but we’ll no longer be selling it to make room for the ADEL series. We’ll still be carrying the drivers in order to service the models we just won’t be selling new V6 orders."

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #6,462 of 7,417
Wow, what a shame! The V6 is a fantastic iem at a great price. Congrats to those who got it before it's gone!

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #6,463 of 7,417
Darn, I was aiming for the V6 instead of the V6 stage, I guess that's out of the question now. Will have to make another trip to re-listen to the V6-stage if I am to go ahead in getting a new custom.

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #6,465 of 7,417
There's the option of buying a used one and having it remolded if you want it that bad.

Well, I have not confirmed if I am getting one, and I have yet to go round testing the rest of the available brands of CIEM - but it was in my short list as I like the sound signature. Anyway, I am rather lazy to look around for a used one and then get it remold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back