1964 Ears
Apr 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #3,796 of 7,417
Quote:
For my opinion,FiiO's LODs are fewer choices for customers, and you cannot choose what the material is made with in order to fit in your own sound requirement. However, custom made LODs got the advantages here, you can order as you like,and I found it custom made LODs have a better looking. For AMPs , there are couple of store selling different kinds of AMPs, and you can try the demo as well and to decide which one are the best for you. Last but not least , I'm a Hong Kong citizen , I hope I can help you
smile_phones.gif

okey i am chinese i do speak cantonese but live in the netherlands.
where in the neighbourhood of mong kok can i get some relative cheap good iem cables and LOD cables?
maybe i am also in the market for a amp.
which ipod amp do you recommend pairing with the 1964v3's?
and is it also possible to bargain with these people? i know in most shop you can bargain which i am really good at :D

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #3,798 of 7,417
yeh, certainly is.

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #3,799 of 7,417
They've got their bang-for-buck in a real sweet spot at the moment. I was originally going to grab Westone 4s but stumbled upon jokers review and figured the little extra investment would go a long way, especially in terms of comfort.

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #3,800 of 7,417
so did i i wanted to buy a triple or a quad iem and stumbled upon 1964 ears 

Apr 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #3,802 of 7,417
You get an email with the shipping information and the tracking number. They create the number before they actually ship them out. So you know exactly when they are arriving at your door. 

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #3,803 of 7,417
Quote:

okey i am chinese i do speak cantonese but live in the netherlands.
where in the neighbourhood of mong kok can i get some relative cheap good iem cables and LOD cables?
maybe i am also in the market for a amp.
which ipod amp do you recommend pairing with the 1964v3's?
and is it also possible to bargain with these people? i know in most shop you can bargain which i am really good at :D

I don't think you can bargain with them, since they are proper shop / company , their prices are fixed.For the AMPs, It's hard to recommend for you, I don't know what you want for the amp. But I am using FiiO E7 as my USB DAC, so far so good, nothing special at all , but I can hear more details while I fit in with my SE535 Red Ltd.And there are couple shops near Mong Kok, you can try amps and custom made LODs there as well,let me know if you want more information. 
smile_phones.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #3,804 of 7,417
I lost my CM SE530 days ago and am desperately looking for another pair.

I found 1964 and sent an order form to them for a V6 last week. They replied a day later saying the form looks good and directed me to order through their Hong Kong local distributor.

I learned that the distributor charges me HK$6,888 (around US$883, all shipping included) while it’s US$650 without shipping on 1964’s site. That’s US$233 more, just for the shipping charges. No way.

In turn I requested order through 1964 directly. Not a single response from them then (checked the spam filter, and their first and only reply was not classified as spam).

Thanks 1964 so I keep digging information for CIEM.

I am going for the Hier Audio 4.A.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #3,805 of 7,417
Singxsing

I'm surprised to hear of your experience with 1964.

I'm just about to mail them impressions, have gone through the process of telling them what I want so far as my customs are concerned, getting a quote & having mockups done, and have found them fantastic over the two weeks I've been dealing with them so far. They've answered my emails promptly & in detail, and Yana who does the graphics did a fantastic job on my mockup to ensure they're going to be exactly what I want.

I guess it's a case of YMMV.

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #3,807 of 7,417
I would suggest using forwarding company like comgateway.com
:)
Quote:
I lost my CM SE530 days ago and am desperately looking for another pair.

I found 1964 and sent an order form to them for a V6 last week. They replied a day later saying the form looks good and directed me to order through their Hong Kong local distributor.

I learned that the distributor charges me HK$6,888 (around US$883, all shipping included) while it’s US$650 without shipping on 1964’s site. That’s US$233 more, just for the shipping charges. No way.

In turn I requested order through 1964 directly. Not a single response from them then (checked the spam filter, and their first and only reply was not classified as spam).

Thanks 1964 so I keep digging information for CIEM.

I am going for the Hier Audio 4.A.

Apr 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #3,809 of 7,417
Been rocking Dt1350's for a long time. Kinda wish I had some IEM's now, so I'm looking at getting the Quads (from what I hear they sound like the W4, but better?)

Anyone from the CA East Bay Area? I'm trying to find a place to get my impressions done. Don't want to drive out to SF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back