1964 Ears
Mar 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #3,768 of 7,417
Mar 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #3,770 of 7,417
Great!....More time spent surfin!

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #3,771 of 7,417
Just wanted to finally shout out to everyone here for helping me pull the trigger on a pair of V6. I found 1964 Ears on my own, but it was this thread that helped me feel comfortable about pulling the trigger.  This will be my first CIEM. The only thing I have to compare are some Universal UE Triple-Fi & a pair of LCD 3 (Yeah, I go to extremes 
basshead.gif
).  I couldn't justify (or afford) JH16, but everything I have read leads me to believe the V6 will be just about perfect for me.  I could digress a 100 different ways and go on and on, but I feel a simple "Thanks Everybody" for all the information, reviews, banter, and guidance in helping me decide. 

Now I have nothing left to read while I wait patiently, so I'll be jamming out instead 
L3000.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #3,772 of 7,417
I've had my V3s for about 2 months now and I love them. The sound quality is awesome (although this is only comparing them to GR07s and Brainwavz B2s) and they look even better.

My only *tiny* grip with them so far is that I'm still not sure if the fit is 'perfect'. I already had them remolded because of some discomfort and fit issues (tip - don't get impressions done immediately after you have your ears cleaned; wait a week for your ears to recover) and although the discomfort's gone I do get very slight changes in sound when I move my jaw or push just under my ears. I'll also get occasional slight 'pops' when I move my jaw - it's as if it's unsealing and resealing because of wax, but the sound doesn't change at all when this happeens.

All this is very minor though and as long as I'm not doing anything like eating while listening they're excellent.

Being an international customer getting new sets of impressions and shipping them back to get refits is far from attractive, and I'm happy with the sound and fit I have at the moment.

Alas, my white cable has started to turn blue already. Damn you sweaty neck.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #3,773 of 7,417
what should i choose for my v3's jds labs c5? a fiio amp or save for a fostex hp-p1. i find fostex being to bulky actually doesn't fit in my pocket

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #3,776 of 7,417
Quote:
what should i choose for my v3's jds labs c5? a fiio amp or save for a fostex hp-p1. i find fostex being to bulky actually doesn't fit in my pocket

Those are three completely different things in terms of performance and functionality. Investing in a good DAP (Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Sony Walkmans) would be the best way to go if you're concerned about portability. 

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #3,777 of 7,417
For those that have their CIEMs already:

How long did it take for them to bill you after they received your impressions?

I sent my impressions in on Thursday. They received them Monday and billed me the same day. I'm on gmail and their email was flagged as spam so make sure you check there.

I paid for rush processing... not sure if that plays a role.

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #3,778 of 7,417
Quote:
I sent my impressions in on Thursday. They received them Monday and billed me the same day. I'm on gmail and their email was flagged as spam so make sure you check there.

I paid for rush processing... not sure if that plays a role.

Ah thanks....they got sent to spam....

I can't seem to pay though, it says there is something wrong with the paypal email they supplied.

It is payments@1964ears.com, right?

Mar 27, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #3,779 of 7,417
AskJeebs - Glad you love them to bits :wink: I'll be springing for the V3's in a month or so & like you am coming from using the B2's for the past 12 mths or so (and various other UIEM's previously). I'm also an international customer & have noted your advice to let one's ears settle for a week or so after cleaning them out before getting impressions done (Thanks for that :wink:). Having said that, I'm budgeting for at least one refit in the total cost I'm prepared to spend on the whole exercise, and if I get lucky & don't need any that will be a bonus.

Looking forward to it :wink:

I've had my V3s for about 2 months now and I love them. The sound quality is awesome (although this is only comparing them to GR07s and Brainwavz B2s) and they look even better,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back