1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 7, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #8,161 of 9,124
I tried without the UEBJ and I can't do it man. The bass has lost its punchiness, espelecially sub bass and it's bleeding massively into the mids while the mid bass has become bloated again. If you think that's the best CIEM you've ever heard than more power to you but it isn't for me. Don't get me wrong, I love A12 when it's configured properly to my tastes.
High end is so recessed some high notes are hard to hear in some songs, especially cymbals. That is probably why their new flagships have more end.

If it sounds good to you then that's all that matters.  Enjoy it and don't worry how you have it configured. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #8,162 of 9,124
I agree, and it's a shame that we have to find the "right" pairing to complement the sq of the iem in question. I believe it was Jason (jelt) who was having some issues with Hugo in terms of a pairing mismatch with his 2nd round of c/iem reviews. He ended up calling the companies in question, and they told him that the hugo was a no go with their respective iems, so he abandoned the hugo as a review tool altogether. Jelt?....

Every piece of audio gear I have ever owned has this synergy.  I didn't like the sound of my Bowers & Wilkins 800 Diamond monitors at first till I found the correct amps to drive them.  I thought to myself did I just waste $21K.  No I had to spend another $16K in amps.  I don't think I would have spent all this extra $ if it was just a hobby.  It took several amps to finally get the right sound from the A12.  It was worth it in the end.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #8,163 of 9,124
In case anyone is interested in an inexpensive desktop amp that is excellent with multi-driver IEMs (including the A12 & U6), here is a link to the Project Ember II:

http://garage1217.com/garage1217_diy_tube_headphone_amplifiers_004.htm

The Ember is a hybrid - a tube followed by an op-amp. It gives the wonderful harmonics of a tube along with the solid state speed and response you want for balanced armature IEMs.

The automatic voltage and bias adjustment allows instant and hassle free swapping amongst many different families of tubes.

Excellent and personal customer service as well.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #8,164 of 9,124
Well, I just ordered a DHC Symbiote SP V3 OCC Silver Type 4 Litz IEM Cable 8-wired. (Balanced) I also ordered a DP-X1A for my A12's MAM's.
Also ordered a pair of A8's. : )

Here is a question for those that upgraded their cords: Do you still use the 64audio in-ear box? Does the cord even fit?
What do you use instead?

Also, I kind of like the part of the cord on my 64audio cord where it can mold around my ear... Is that something I can add to my new cable?

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #8,165 of 9,124
Well, I just ordered a DHC Symbiote SP V3 OCC Silver Type 4 Litz IEM Cable 8-wired. (Balanced) I also ordered a DP-X1A for my A12's MAM's.

Here is a question for those that upgraded their cords: Do you still use the 64audio in-ear box? Does the cord even fit?
What do you use instead?

Also, I kind of like the part of the cord on my 64audio cord where it can mold around my ear... Is that something I can add to my new cable?

nope, nope, pelican 1010 from alclair audio, heat shrink but be careful not to burn the cable

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #8,166 of 9,124

What do you use instead?

I use the case that 64 Audio provides.  Plenty of room for other cables and keeps the CIEM's dry with the dehumidifier included.  Just keep an eye on the color of the dehumidifier and microwave the beads when they turn dark.  Most cords have the memory wire around the ear.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #8,167 of 9,124
I use the case that 64 Audio provides.  Plenty of room for other cables and keeps the CIEM's dry with the dehumidifier included.  Just keep an eye on the color of the dehumidifier and microwave the beads when they turn dark.  Most cords have the memory wire around the ear.

I read somewhere that Im not supposed to wrap my new cord in such a tiny box because it could do something to them.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #8,168 of 9,124
I read somewhere that Im not supposed to wrap my new cord in such a tiny box because it could do something to them.

It might affect the durability of the cord, according to cable makers. The three-finger wrap is the bare minimum for me.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #8,169 of 9,124

u may be using a different case tho, the case he's talking abt is the 3d printed one that's tiny

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #8,170 of 9,124
  Yea. No matter what impedance adapter I tried(UEBJ,20,75,95,100,175,350 ohm), the A12 never pairs well with the mojo. I recommend a Sabre DAC based device. DX200, DP-X1 are they ways to go.

I am looking for a DAC that works well with my iphone 6 and A12. it should be very portable and not as warm as the mojo. any suggestions? I looked at the dragonfly (red oder 1.2) but the thread here doesn't look very promising.

maybe I should spend more time with EQing. I am not very familiar to this but my first tries elevating voices and highs sounded better to me.But I still don't know what I am doing there :D

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #8,171 of 9,124

It might affect the durability of the cord, according to cable makers. The three-finger wrap is the bare minimum for me.

The new 3D printed case cable wrap is a litter bigger then 3 fingers. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #8,172 of 9,124
Hey guys, 
I just found this site, and i've gotten a pair of U3 apex and im getting U6 Adels, I wanted to ask, for the u3 should I stick with the m20 or get the m15? I like sound separation and less bass, also on the U6 any recommendations if i should stick with the S1 it comes with or get the apex for it or b1? 

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #8,173 of 9,124
  Hey guys, 
I just found this site, and i've gotten a pair of U3 apex and im getting U6 Adels, I wanted to ask, for the u3 should I stick with the m20 or get the m15? I like sound separation and less bass, also on the U6 any recommendations if i should stick with the S1 it comes with or get the apex for it or b1? 

If the U3 sound a little bass heavy or sounds closed in the M15 will open it up.  I prefer the M15 with my A12's

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #8,174 of 9,124
  Hey guys, 

Switching to B1 or m15 will definitely open up the stage and reduce some of the bass.

Strictly from a tuning perspective I think I prefer the m15 over the B1. To my ears, the bass sounds a little tighter and more controlled; vocals seem a touch more forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back