1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 1, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #6,346 of 9,124
Not to pressure you, but the Adel tech does make a big difference in actual usage. I can listed to my Adel iems all day at work and feel normal when I take them out. With conventional iems after 1 hr of listening I get ringing and strange pressure sensations after pulling them out. FYI.

Thanks for the info. I think I may just go with some open back full size cans. Have been eyeing the Ether Flow. Have to admit though, the prices are damn attractive. Eh, may look one last time before the drop ends LOL.

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #6,347 of 9,124
How well does this ADEL tech work with blocking out the noise on an airplane? I fly a lot.

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #6,348 of 9,124

We offer cables within your budget:
http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/inearmonitor.html

Is self promotion like this allowed on headfi?

@PLUSSOUND is the official Sponsor on Head-fi (who pays his dues
wink.gif
), and Christian simply suggested they offer aftermarket replacement cables.  Don't see anything wrong with that
biggrin.gif

The picture above was from my review of their Apollonian+ cable which I posted here.

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #6,349 of 9,124
Hello again everybody,

I would like to address something that maybe at times overlooked by some listeners. I am referring in this case to output impedance. It is extremely important that when choosing an iem one chooses the proper device to drive said unit. Output impedance of an amp, dac, or phone plays a big role on frequency response. Choosing the proper amp can make the difference of loving or hating the sound signature you end up hearing.

EDIT: I apologize, in the image it says the USBPre 2 is 30 ohm output impedance... It's actually 22 ohm. Excuse me for this minor mistake.

I might not have sold the U12 to buy the U10 if the sound signature was this way with near zero output impedance. Otherwise it was way too muddy & veiled out of my most frequently used device (iPhone 6). I think this was a huge fail to tune these for high impedance out sources.

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #6,350 of 9,124

B1 has better soundstage, better instrument separation and more airy presentation than S1. If you like bass you need to go for U12. But if you like a neutral-warm sound, U10 + B1 will be the right choice.

U12 is sold out at the sale price. Would U10 with S1 improve bass and isolation while still favoring mids and highs?

Don't have U10, but I think G1 will be a better choice to compliment its signature to get the improvement you desire.  If you get U10 w/S1 and like what you hear - problem solved.  If you want more clarity while retaining the same bass impact - G1 will be the answer.

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #6,351 of 9,124
I might not have sold the U12 to buy the U10 if the sound signature was this way with near zero output impedance. Otherwise it was way too muddy & veiled out of my most frequently used device (iPhone 6). I think this was a huge fail to tune these for high impedance out sources.

+1, that's 3 people down with an A12 low impedance retune offer! :wink:

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #6,352 of 9,124

Hello again everybody,

I would like to address something that maybe at times overlooked by some listeners. I am referring in this case to output impedance. It is extremely important that when choosing an iem one chooses the proper device to drive said unit. Output impedance of an amp, dac, or phone plays a big role on frequency response. Choosing the proper amp can make the difference of loving or hating the sound signature you end up hearing.

EDIT: I apologize, in the image it says the USBPre 2 is 30 ohm output impedance... It's actually 22 ohm. Excuse me for this minor mistake.

Just did a/b comparison using U12 w/B1 with PAW Gold and my Note 4 as sources while going between direct HO connection and through UE flight adapter (I believe theirs has 75ohm impedance), and I'll be damned!!!  Not exactly night'n'day difference but I do hear a slight lift of the upper mids veil with an adapter.  But the disadvantage of doing this with smartphone - I have to push volume closer to the max to compensate for attenuation loss, otherwise no problem with DAPs.

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #6,354 of 9,124
Exactly. Mojo > A12 is a poor match. Nearly made me sell my A12. For me though, the QP1R has excellent synergy with the A12. Detailed and dynamic. QP1R has an output impedance of 0.19ohm, but my ears don't lie!

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #6,355 of 9,124
@moshen

The 12's were designed for the stage musicians, singers, and performers. The shure and sennheiser wired and wirless bodypacks, as well as other gear such as mixers, have higher output impedances.

The 10's are actually designed with the audiophile in mind. The 10's with the s1 module actually sound closer to what the 12's sound like with the b1 module.
The U4SE was designed completely for the audiophile as well.

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #6,356 of 9,124
+1, that's 3 people down with an A12 low impedance retune offer! :wink:

I hope your counting me as one of those - if not make it 4.

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #6,358 of 9,124
The Summer Sale is over on the 64audio site so just a few more days on the Massdrop to get a U series with Adel.

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #6,359 of 9,124
@moshen

The 12's were designed for the stage musicians, singers, and performers. The shure and sennheiser wired and wirless bodypacks, as well as other gear such as mixers, have higher output impedances.

The 10's are actually designed with the audiophile in mind. The 10's with the s1 module actually sound closer to what the 12's sound like with the b1 module.

What about the u8 and u5?

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #6,360 of 9,124
@moshen

It would have been nice to have this information before I invested $2k in these. Consider me disappointed. From memory since my A12's are back for a refit the treble and overall balance of the sound signature is better on the U6 using the MAM's. I also don't get hiss on my Violectric V281 with the U6. I will evaluate them side by side when they come back, but I had thought A12's should have been the best choice as the flagship of 64audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back