1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 31, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #5,881 of 9,124
  Thanks Wildrbeest This info will prove very useful

Off topic;

Can anyone tell me the size of replacement tips for the 1964 U series.  I want to try a few different types but I am unable to determine the correct size?

Thanks

I used Spiral Dots, it was snug but not tight enough. Anything slightly narrower than the Spiral Dots' bore should work better.  Also, one of the problems with the U-series is the nozzle length. They are pretty long. So when I put my tips on and because it was not so tight, they would just slide all the way back. So I cut a little sleeve from an old ear tip and put it all the way back in the nozzle so that the ear tip would stay in place. Check out this post by @vtkc :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/5130#post_12567102

Jul 31, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #5,882 of 9,124
  MAM update:

I wish I had seen these MAM instructions on the Asius website before I'd started using them! (MAMs so not ship with instructions).

I've been convinced my modules were made backwards. Turned fully forward (with the dial fully 'in') my MAMs sound extremely bassy, so I had assumed they were closed. Turns out they are full open, but the membrane is also tight, resulting in increased bass. So, according to the instructions, the least amount of bass can be achieved turning the modules halfway between open and closed.

I hope this helps anyone else that is confused!

Thanks for sharing that. Now it all makes sense and aligns with Brooko's and Twister6's frequency plot of different MAM positions. Please let me know if you were able to find that Sweet-Spot and how the sound from the MAM at Sweet-Spot compares to the sound from B1.

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #5,885 of 9,124
  MAM update:

I wish I had seen these MAM instructions on the Asius website before I'd started using them! (MAMs so not ship with instructions).

I've been convinced my modules were made backwards. Turned fully forward (with the dial fully 'in') my MAMs sound extremely bassy, so I had assumed they were closed. Turns out they are full open, but the membrane is also tight, resulting in increased bass. So, according to the instructions, the least amount of bass can be achieved turning the modules halfway between open and closed.

I hope this helps anyone else that is confused!

They're not made backwards. The most bass-lite setting is actually in the middle. Having the ambient ports open and the membrane most floppy. When you go fully open, the ambient ports are fully open but the basket is tensioning the membrane, giving the bass back. When it's in the fully open position, you get the same bass as fully closed, but in terms of sound the bass is a bit more spread out rather than a tight punch from the ambient holes being closed off and making it a sealed IEM.

Everybody's ear is different, so results will be different from person to person. There have been a few people (not alot, but a few) that swear it's backwards from what the video had stated, but that's due to how their inner ear is and the resonance. Not the module being built incorrectly. The modules are threaded for the thumbscrews, so it's literally impossible to get them backward.

I'll suggest sending the user manual out with the MAMs in the future. 

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #5,886 of 9,124
They're not made backwards. The most bass-lite setting is actually in the middle. Having the ambient ports open and the membrane most floppy. When you go fully open, the ambient ports are fully open but the basket is tensioning the membrane, giving the bass back. When it's in the fully open position, you get the same bass as fully closed, but in terms of sound the bass is a bit more spread out rather than a tight punch from the ambient holes being closed off and making it a sealed IEM.

Everybody's ear is different, so results will be different from person to person. There have been a few people (not alot, but a few) that swear it's backwards from what the video had stated, but that's due to how their inner ear is and the resonance. Not the module being built incorrectly. The modules are threaded for the thumbscrews, so it's literally impossible to get them backward.

I'll suggest sending the user manual out with the MAMs in the future. 

I was one of those that said my modules were backwards - apologies if i caused confusion. Can confirm that they definitely screw the right way!

A note sent with modules pointing new owners to instructions on the Asius website should do the trick.

I recommend Spinfit tips for universals here.

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #5,887 of 9,124
I was one of those that said my modules were backwards - apologies if i caused confusion. Can confirm that they definitely screw the right way!

A note sent with modules pointing new owners to instructions on the Asius website should do the trick.

I recommend Spinfit tips for universals here.

If you're hearing that they feel backwards, then I'm sure you aren't the only one.

The more people that could really benefit from everybody commenting about how they're ears react to the MAMs shifts, so backwards, forwards ,whatever people experience, sharing is totally encouraged. I don't know about you guys, but when I find something weird with headphones or even my car, I search through a forum and go "ohhhh ok, I'm not the only one. That helps..." 

So sharing is 100% encouraged.

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #5,888 of 9,124
I can address some of this:

Quote:
  Questions we should be asking

1. How long were the Apex modules in development for and who tested the specs / long term durability

2. Are the Apex ports made with the precision as the Adel or are they a less expensive way to achieve similar results

3.Who manufacturers Apex

4.Is the Apex technology patented 1964 and Adel patented by someone else driving up the cost of each Adel module for 1964ears.

5. Will there be a sale for this brand new technology to entice consumers sitting on the fence to try it out.

With grants from the National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health and in collaboration with the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, ADEL modules are researched, designed and manufactured solely by Asius Technologies in Boulder Colorado.

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #5,889 of 9,124
Steve, are the MAMs that are currently being shipped, gun-metal or grey in color? If yes, could you please share a picture. Really liking the grey look.

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #5,890 of 9,124
Steve, are the MAMs that are currently being shipped, gun-metal or grey in color? If yes, could you please share a picture. Really liking the grey look.

The MAMs are silver, just like they've always been. On the retail versions, we aren't using a dot to indicate side to side, now we have colored O-Rings that go in place of that top O-Ring (if you compare to the kickstarter MAMs, that people have posted pictures of). I don't have a picture on my phone of them, so that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I'm still using the G1 modules in my A12s, so I can't just pop em out of my IEMs to take a picture.

MAMs are silver with black & then colored top O-Rings at top.
S1s are silver with black O-Rings.
B1s are black with black O-Rings.
G1s are Red with black O-Rings.

Hope that helps.

Jul 31, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #5,891 of 9,124

With grants from the National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health and in collaboration with the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, ADEL modules are researched, designed and manufactured solely by Asius Technologies in Boulder Colorado.

As far as i know there 1964 ears did not present any research done by credible institutions to back up the claims that APEX is a superior technology to ADEL. Vitaliy did not back up his claims in his video presentation and the information on the website that he refers you to does not mention a diagram of the guts of the product,precision manufacturing ,or testing. Its as if they want us to take our word for it that its better than ADEL because they are 1964 ears. I am not saying that they are bad and it might as well be the best thing since sliced bread.....i am saying that please provide us with more information with backing up claims so that people can make an informed purchase and if you had research to prove it wouldn't you want people to know as ammunition to sell your product.

Jul 31, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #5,892 of 9,124

As far as i know there 1964 ears did not present any research done by credible institutions to back up the claims that APEX is a superior technology to ADEL. Vitaliy did not back up his claims in his video presentation and the information on the website that he refers you to does not mention a diagram of the guts of the product,precision manufacturing ,or testing. Its as if they want us to take our word for it that its better than ADEL because they are 1964 ears. I am not saying that they are bad and it might as well be the best thing since sliced bread.....i am saying that please provide us with more information with backing up claims so that people can make an informed purchase and if you had research to prove it wouldn't you want people to know as ammunition to sell your product.

it's probably nor better nor worse than ADEL. the result i think its going to be the same.
How they sound thou, its a different question..

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #5,893 of 9,124
  it's probably nor better nor worse than ADEL. the result i think its going to be the same.
How they sound thou, its a different question..

That's speculation. I do not know if the APEX module is developed/manufactured by 1964 ears in house or an outside company. If APEX was developed by 1964 ears what standards did they use to test and uncover any design flaws and what is there expertise in making and designing artificial eardrums. Asius on facebook posted

Jun 21 2016
Urgent Announcement - Immediate opportunity for Deaf/hard of hearing persons to participate in ongoing ADEL research being conducted at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. .

Also Asius posts  June 10th 2016
Asius Technologies would like to clarify the timetable for the manufacture and testing of miniaturized ADEL hearing devices for Brian Johnson.
This update is to address any confusions which may have arisen concerning Asius Technologies' timetable for the miniaturization and testing of our custom ADEL hearing devices for Brian Johnson. Due to schedules imposed by our manufacturers, as well as the time required for us to suitably test and confirm the devices' operation with Brian, these devices will not be ready for delivery until after the last currently scheduled date of the AC/DC Rock or Bust Tour.
Soon after these devices are delivered and full tests have been completed to Brian's satisfaction, then, and only then, in consultation with his doctors, will Brian be able to decide if and when he can return to performing live on stage without risking further hearing loss.

Asius seem to have an ethical duty to there clients to make sure that there devices are up to par and exceeds standards.Asius soul focus is artificial eardrums   So if that's the length they go through to unsure a quality product than what did 1964 ears do ensure that these new APEX eardrums are as safe and reliable.If 1964 ears cut there ties with Asius due to outsourcing costs (which includes rigorous testing/royalties) so that it will lowering there bottom line.... then cutting corners could be a concern when i comes to using a device that claims prevents hearing loss. What professional audiologist or accredited organization tested/approves of the APEX design and safety. I think i should be asking this question because i am seriously looking to buy a pair of A12s and have some hearing loss at high frequencies.

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #5,895 of 9,124
Honestly, it was the ADEL technology that got me following 64 Audio and seriously considering the product as a replacement for my other manufacturer CIEM.

Same here. I went from UE to 64 Audio in big part because of the ADEL technology.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back