1964 Ears Adel IEMs
May 27, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #5,341 of 9,124
For all U10 owners, do you find the U10 bulky? I'm having second thoughts if I should get 1 because i'm afraid that it would be a little uncomfortable to use after a couple of hours (5 hours maybe).

I do not own one, but I did have it for 5 days for demoing. I was surprised at its size given it has 10 drivers + the column for the ADEL module. It was slightly bigger than the Shure SE215 from memory. As for comfort, it was very comfortable as it was pretty light and the side that touches the ear was all curvy and smooth.

May 27, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #5,343 of 9,124
Quick question.

Am looking to buy the A6/U6, but with the ADEL Bubble coming in a year or so, you guys think it will be possible to reshell the A6 to the ADEL Bubble configuration when its ready for sale??

Thanks!

May 27, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #5,344 of 9,124
  Quick question.

Am looking to buy the A6/U6, but with the ADEL Bubble coming in a year or so, you guys think it will be possible to reshell the A6 to the ADEL Bubble configuration when its ready for sale??

Thanks!

Hi there. I can understand your concern but the driver configurations with the bubbles will be totally different. Since the bubble is much more efficient with how it delivers the sound, the need for that many drivers isn't the same as with acrylic shells. We have yet to really hammer it out but it's really looking like 2-3 drivers are going to be the sweet spot.

May 27, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #5,345 of 9,124
  Hi there. I can understand your concern but the driver configurations with the bubbles will be totally different. Since the bubble is much more efficient with how it delivers the sound, the need for that many drivers isn't the same as with acrylic shells. We have yet to really hammer it out but it's really looking like 2-3 drivers are going to be the sweet spot.

Interesting. Veeeeery interesting. 

I've owned a variety of IEMS but the only ones able to give the illusion of 3D sound had 6+ drivers. I'm looking forward to hearing these bubbles...

May 27, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #5,346 of 9,124

Interesting. Veeeeery interesting. 

I've owned a variety of IEMS but the only ones able to give the illusion of 3D sound had 6+ drivers. I'm looking forward to hearing these bubbles...

The simplest way I put it to people at shows, is comparing it to cars. When you have a lighter & better sorted chassis, it doesn't require the same huge engine that a heavier car does to achieve the same performance. Or in the case of something like Atom or BAC Mono, lighter and well sorted also really one-ups the heavier more powerful options. I think you get what I'm saying.

May 27, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #5,347 of 9,124
  The simplest way I put it to people at shows, is comparing it to cars. When you have a lighter & better sorted chassis, it doesn't require the same huge engine that a heavier car does to achieve the same performance. Or in the case of something like Atom or BAC Mono, lighter and well sorted also really one-ups the heavier more powerful options. I think you get what I'm saying.

I hope its more reliable than a BAC mono xD
i guess i'll go for the U6 then.

May 27, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #5,350 of 9,124
  Do the universals have small bores or big bores as far as SpinFit tips are concerned?

The universals have big bores,  approx. 5mm.  I use the Japanese spinfits found here:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Spinfit-Tips-Authentic-Spinfits-2-pairs-S-M-L-3-sizes-Japan-/271811763701?var=&hash=item3f493e5df5:m:mU0ULxix6WRtcd5Dd_tCPbA
I think they are much better than the foam ones that came with my U6's.

May 27, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #5,351 of 9,124
Ah, there's a 15% off Memorial day promo through the weekend and I only just purchased my U8 last week 
frown.gif

May 27, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #5,352 of 9,124
  Ah, there's a 15% off Memorial day promo through the weekend and I only just purchased my U8 last week 
frown.gif

Contact 64 Audio customer service and let them know.  These guys are very reasonable
wink.gif

May 27, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #5,353 of 9,124
May 28, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #5,354 of 9,124
I do not own one, but I did have it for 5 days for demoing. I was surprised at its size given it has 10 drivers + the column for the ADEL module. It was slightly bigger than the Shure SE215 from memory. As for comfort, it was very comfortable as it was pretty light and the side that touches the ear was all curvy and smooth.

Thanks for the input. I have tried the Noble K10U which has the same number of drivers and I must say, after 3 songs my ears start to get hurt. I hope it would not be the same with the U10.

May 28, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #5,355 of 9,124
Thanks for the input. I have tried the Noble K10U which has the same number of drivers and I must say, after 3 songs my ears start to get hurt. I hope it would not be the same with the U10.

I have the U12, once paired with the right fitting tips it is really comfortable. I had it on for a 7+ hour flight last week, no concerns whatsoever, no fatigue (thanks to ADEL).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back