1964 Ears Adel IEMs
May 28, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #5,356 of 9,124
  Ah, there's a 15% off Memorial day promo through the weekend and I only just purchased my U8 last week 
frown.gif

I don't see any info on their website about this ?

May 28, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #5,360 of 9,124
I have the U12, once paired with the right fitting tips it is really comfortable. I had it on for a 7+ hour flight last week, no concerns whatsoever, no fatigue (thanks to ADEL).

I have the u12 also, but the stem of the bore is kind of long and my tip after sitting to the bottom of the stem barely reaching to the top of the stem. In fact the tip of the bore is expose a little bit. What do you use? I have the sureseal. I read in earlier post someone has to cut the base of the stem from another pair to put at the bottom of the bore before fitting a pair of tips on.

May 28, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #5,361 of 9,124
Is there a sweet spot in the line up for someone never having had the chance to listen to them? From the comparison chart, the U6 seems the most versatile.

Is there any comfort guarantee? I would not be pleased getting them and getting a good fit.

May 28, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #5,362 of 9,124
I have the u12 also, but the stem of the bore is kind of long and my tip after sitting to the bottom of the stem barely reaching to the top of the stem. In fact the tip of the bore is expose a little bit. What do you use? I have the sureseal. I read in earlier post someone has to cut the base of the stem from another pair to put at the bottom of the bore before fitting a pair of tips on.

I have been using the Spinfits, and I do not fully insert the tips to the base of the stem, that allows the Spinfits to work as it is designed.

The picture below is fitted with Dita tips (which I do not fully insert as well), just got these two days ago to try it out. :)

des

May 28, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #5,363 of 9,124
How is it that your u12 is not black in color. If you do not fully insert the tip onto the stem, it poses two problems. First the tip sometime will be left in your ears when you take out the u12 after using it. Second, it may affect the sound because the depth of the bore plus tip may be different each time you use it.

May 28, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #5,364 of 9,124
Adding to the above post. If I don't fully insert the tips initially, they end up being fully inserted anyway when I put the IEMs in my ears. I've been trying to find the special Sony tips that have additional length to them.

May 28, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #5,365 of 9,124

My answer to that, though unrefined, is my daughter 's hair (rubber) bands (the small one) looped it repeatedly over the base. And the tip doesn't move anymore. Though i had to do trial and error on how high it would be-- the tips remained in my ear and i had to have my wife get it out saying, what the hell did you do now?

May 28, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #5,366 of 9,124
How is it that your u12 is not black in color. If you do not fully insert the tip onto the stem, it poses two problems. First the tip sometime will be left in your ears when you take out the u12 after using it. Second, it may affect the sound because the depth of the bore plus tip may be different each time you use it.

I got mine during KickStarter, red was available as a option.
The tip slipping off the stem has not happen for me, and if I were to fully the tips to the base of the stem (I find there's a veil to the sound). See the video below, and I think you'll understand, the 360 rotating motion will not work when fully inserted. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gniiycvmyxM

May 29, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #5,368 of 9,124

I got mine during KickStarter, red was available as a option.
The tip slipping off the stem has not happen for me, and if I were to fully the tips to the base of the stem (I find there's a veil to the sound). See the video below, and I think you'll understand, the 360 rotating motion will not work when fully inserted. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gniiycvmyxM

I think you are right, I think it is important to have a good fit.  

May 29, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #5,370 of 9,124

Here's another version of the Spinfit in black. The tip fits perfectly. For my ear anatomy, it is the best tip I've tried. I've seen some people with larger ear canals state that these may not be the best tips for them. But for me, they've been the best I've tried. Also, there is another thread listed below where other users reported about the different tips they tried. I'm still to try the Sureseals which I'm getting next.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/787289/what-tips-for-1964-adels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back