1964 Ears Adel IEMs
May 26, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #5,326 of 9,124
1) Like Flipper said, the MAMs are getting to Kickstarter people first. Then they will be avalible for purchase on the 64 website for $199 for the pair.

2) Which bore are you referring to? The ADEL port? Or the sound tubes from the armatures to the ear canal?

3) I will have to check into transferable warranty, later today.

Were you able to get an answer on the warranty question? I'd like to know about this as well.

Thanks!

May 26, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #5,327 of 9,124
Quick question, and no, I am not considering getting another DAP to replace the iPhone 6+ I am using with my A6 - I have more than enough electronics to dump in my bag just to move around, especially when I travel. 

For those who do use iPhone as their player, do you use the music app that comes with iPhone to play or do you use another app? If another app, which one (can you give the name of the company that produce it as well, since there are a number of same named players like if I search for equalizer, I get 2 equalizer +, equaliser, equalizer combo, etc)?

May 26, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #5,328 of 9,124
  Quick question, and no, I am not considering getting another DAP to replace the iPhone 6+ I am using with my A6 - I have more than enough electronics to dump in my bag just to move around, especially when I travel. 

For those who do use iPhone as their player, do you use the music app that comes with iPhone to play or do you use another app? If another app, which one (can you give the name of the company that produce it as well, since there are a number of same named players like if I search for equalizer, I get 2 equalizer +, equaliser, equalizer combo, etc)?

If you're just using MP3's andt he headphone port instead of the charging port for music then theiTunes app is fine, If you're into higher quality music (FLAC 16/44.1 CD rips downloaded from the net OR higher quality) and you have a DAC, then I suggest Onkyo HF for the iphone.  You hook the phone up to your computer, then use iTunes file transfer section to transfer the FLAC files directly into the APP.  It never loaded coverart for me correctly though.  Chord Mojo is very small, near the size of a playing card-highly suggested.  There's also another App called tuneshell that'll play FLAC files and probably every other format through the headphone port(in the case of not using a DAC).

I'm using android now(S7 edge, previously owned iphone 3, 4, 5s) and I'm a huge fan of the UAPP app.  I do miss that the Iphone doesn't upsample the signal though, very nice but I'm way happier with the overall experience and quality of my S7 edge.

Sorry for rambling. = P

May 26, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #5,329 of 9,124
Or you could get a dragonfly black (99) with a CCK (30) really small form factor almost will look like a little extension of the cable. Check the image from DAR when he reviewed the dragonfly.   For music with my iPhone I mostly download lossless albums from Tidal (20 a month) to listen if there is no wifi.  If I have Wifi then I will just stream lossless Tidal.  If you have a lot of hires consider Onkyo player.

May 26, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #5,330 of 9,124
About 2 weeks back I posted here that I have a problem with 1 of my MAM being much more rigid than the other side. I would like to update here that the problem is now completely gone after I keep turning it everyday. It slowly got looser over time until it is as easy to adjust as the other side now.

Shoutout to Canyon Runner for getting in touch with me immediately when I first posted the problem here and offer to exchange then for me even without me requesting. If your boss (Stephen or Vitaliy) see this, give the man a raise. He is doing an excellent job.

What are some opinions on the stock black cable? Comfort, ergonomics, microphonics, etc. My cable of choice if those requirements are not met would be Linum BaX.

I'm using Linum Bax with my U6 for 2.5months now. I used the stock cable for about 5months before I purchased a Bax. From my observations, the sound did change slightly when I switch to Bax. I'm not good at describing the sound but I can say that the Soundstage did sound bigger now.

With no regards to the sonic changes, I would recommend the Linum Bax over the stock cable because
1) I wear spectacle and the memory wire of the stock cable can make it a tad uncomfortable.
2) I experience no microphonics with the Bax. I tend to travel via walking a lot so I feel that the stock cable could do some improvement in regards with the microphonics. Note that I don't use the shirt clip.

PS: I'm typing this on mobile so pardon any of my mistake of I do make them here.

May 26, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #5,331 of 9,124

If you're just using MP3's andt he headphone port instead of the charging port for music then theiTunes app is fine, If you're into higher quality music (FLAC 16/44.1 CD rips downloaded from the net OR higher quality) and you have a DAC, then I suggest Onkyo HF for the iphone.  You hook the phone up to your computer, then use iTunes file transfer section to transfer the FLAC files directly into the APP.  It never loaded coverart for me correctly though.  Chord Mojo is very small, near the size of a playing card-highly suggested.  There's also another App called tuneshell that'll play FLAC files and probably every other format through the headphone port(in the case of not using a DAC).

I'm using android now(S7 edge, previously owned iphone 3, 4, 5s) and I'm a huge fan of the UAPP app.  I do miss that the Iphone doesn't upsample the signal though, very nice but I'm way happier with the overall experience and quality of my S7 edge.

Sorry for rambling. = P

My music is either in ALAC (rip through iTunes) or mp3 (mostly cd ripped at 256kps VBR) format, with some AAC since specific songs were purchased through iTunes store.
No, I don't have DAC, but since there were so many people are raving about Mojo, I did went to the dealer here and test it out with my A6. It was also during this testing that got curious as to what apps do people use with their iPhone.
No I have not made any decisions on Mojo, and not likely to do so, unless something is added to the mix and make it too hard to resist (like a big discount sale which makes the price of Mojo irresistible, which will not likely to happen)!

Or you could get a dragonfly black (99) with a CCK (30) really small form factor almost will look like a little extension of the cable. Check the image from DAR when he reviewed the dragonfly.   For music with my iPhone I mostly download lossless albums from Tidal (20 a month) to listen if there is no wifi.  If I have Wifi then I will just stream lossless Tidal.  If you have a lot of hires consider Onkyo player.

The dragonfly looks interesting and rather unique; have to look for the dealer here to test it out. As for Tidal, what happen if you decide to stop the 20 a month subscription? Those songs that you have downloaded is gone?

May 26, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #5,333 of 9,124
I used the DragonFly out of my phone to experiment before I sold it, it sounded a bit better than the normal phone (S4), but it really drained my battery since it's a USB amp as well as DAC. For it's cheap price, sounds really good out of a computer though.

May 26, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #5,334 of 9,124
Did you use the new Dragonfly Black?  The new one does not drain battery like the old one. Quote from DAR ' the Microchip USB receiver chip draws minimal power. How minimal? According to Gordon Rankin, the host device is asked to supply 4-5mA when driving a pair of AudioQuest’s own NightHawk headphones. At a mere one twentieth of iOS’s 100mA current draw limit one can run the Black, coupled to an iPhone with Apple’s CCK, all day and all night and not run out of go juice"

May 26, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #5,336 of 9,124

So I always wanted to see how my A8 Bass compare to a full size headphone.  So I went out and bought one of the best for Bass, Fostex TH900.
After A / B ing them with the Mojo, man I'm surprised the Bass of the A8 is just as good as the TH900, in fact I think the A8 has more Sub-bass.
So BA drivers can def deliver that Bass quality and quantity of a full size Dynamic headphone, especially the best one out there, TH900.  So for anyone that looking 
for a good Bass iem, you can't go wrong with the A8.  Now, I can't speak for the U8 since I don't have it, but if you're on the edge of ordering the A8, just go for it.
Good job 64 Audio, 
gs1000.gif

May 26, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #5,337 of 9,124
  Did you use the new Dragonfly Black?  The new one does not drain battery like the old one. Quote from DAR ' the Microchip USB receiver chip draws minimal power. How minimal? According to Gordon Rankin, the host device is asked to supply 4-5mA when driving a pair of AudioQuest’s own NightHawk headphones. At a mere one twentieth of iOS’s 100mA current draw limit one can run the Black, coupled to an iPhone with Apple’s CCK, all day and all night and not run out of go juice"

No it was the Dragonfly 1.2 I believe? I think I bought it at best buy. It was before I bought my AK. The battery draw was my only complaint really.

I see those guys at shows and they're always very friendly. Great product for what it is. Simple, affordable and great sound quality.

May 26, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #5,338 of 9,124
You won't be able to listen to downloaded songs on Tidal after it expires. Unless you buy them.

Ah... So no point then - I don't do streams and i don't see the point of paying $20 a month... I wonder if I could just pay and download a single song or does it have to be whole album? There isn't much info in the website - but then again maybe I did not have time to dive deeper into their website to try to get more info. All I see are just new artists or "playlists that you must try", everywhere.

May 26, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #5,339 of 9,124
I ordered my A6's yesterday, got impressions done today and shipped them out. Now for the waiting :) I'm really looking forward to these, they will be my first customs, and my first true audiophile-grade headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back