1964 Ears Adel IEMs
May 22, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #5,296 of 9,124
How is the isolation on the A series? I'm interested in getting a pair, but my main listening locations will be in the office and or traveling, and I'm concerned the ADEL port will let too much ambient noise in. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Hi, I own an A10 with the B1 module and although the ADEL module lets in some of the outside noise, the tight seal of the custom monitor ensures a good amount of isolation. No problem whatsoever when I am at my desk in the office. For the past one week, we moved the TV into our bedroom where I have my desk. When the music is on, I can hardly hear any sound from the TV. My wife listens to TV at moderate volume.

May 23, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #5,297 of 9,124

Hi, I own an A10 with the B1 module and although the ADEL module lets in some of the outside noise, the tight seal of the custom monitor ensures a good amount of isolation. No problem whatsoever when I am at my desk in the office. For the past one week, we moved the TV into our bedroom where I have my desk. When the music is on, I can hardly hear any sound from the TV. My wife listens to TV at moderate volume.

Any sound leak with the B1 module? I do my listening in bed. :)

May 23, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #5,298 of 9,124

Any sound leak with the B1 module? I do my listening in bed. :)

Just checked with my wife and she said she couldn't hear a thing. Even bumped up the volume many clicks on my DAP, just to be sure. And still no leak.

May 23, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #5,299 of 9,124
A little late to the party but I've acquired the U12 and have done some reading but can't find answers to the following:

1) How does one get the MAM for the U12? How much does it cost? Couldnt find it on the website
2) Does anyone know the bore size in mm for the U12?
3) Is the warranty transferable to the new owner? The information isnt available on their website

May 23, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #5,300 of 9,124
  A little late to the party but I've acquired the U12 and have done some reading but can't find answers to the following:

1) How does one get the MAM for the U12? How much does it cost? Couldnt find it on the website
3) Is the warranty transferable to the new owner? The information isnt available on their website

1) MAM is just for the people who participated to the kickstarter. It will cost $199

May 23, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #5,301 of 9,124

1) Like Flipper said, the MAMs are getting to Kickstarter people first. Then they will be avalible for purchase on the 64 website for $199 for the pair.

2) Which bore are you referring to? The ADEL port? Or the sound tubes from the armatures to the ear canal?
3) I will have to check into transferable warranty, later today.

May 23, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #5,302 of 9,124
1) Like Flipper said, the MAMs are getting to Kickstarter people first. Then they will be avalible for purchase on the 64 website for $199 for the pair.

2) Which bore are you referring to? The ADEL port? Or the sound tubes from the armatures to the ear canal?

3) I will have to check into transferable warranty, later today.

The sound bore from armatures to the ear canals on which the tips go.

Thanks!

May 23, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #5,304 of 9,124
  Do you mean the whole size of the snout for tips? Or the size of each sound tube?

Both, the length of the tube on which the tips go, as well as the diameter of the tube. I'm basically looking to get custom tips/sleeves made, for which I'd need these dimensions. My measurements might not be accurate, so want to confirm.

May 23, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #5,307 of 9,124
anyone see the SLED (ambient noise) technology from westone? of course i have zero regrets as my a12's are being produced right at this moment! :)  interesting to see others trying to shift their products,..they say the frequency response is unaltered....

May 23, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #5,308 of 9,124
  anyone see the SLED (ambient noise) technology from westone? of course i have zero regrets as my a12's are being produced right at this moment! :)  interesting to see others trying to shift their products,..they say the frequency response is unaltered....

It's actually very good as well, but falls into a completely different category.  I had AM Pro30 pre-production unit for awhile, and just received final production one for review.  I didn't spend too much time with them yet, but basically the idea is to give you open-back sound experience (mixing in outside ambient noise) without too much sound leakage or compromising the FR.  These are designed for musicians who don't need sound isolation and instead want to let the ambient noise in to open up the soundstage and to be aware of the surrounding.  It has a completely different filter idea and mode of operation in comparison to 64 Audio and ADEL modules.  I actually have them with me at work now, and with AM Pro30 in my ears (using the largest Shure olive eartips for max isolation), I can clearly hear my office mate typing on a keyboard.  Basically, it's an open back performance with a very little isolation, and still a very good sound quality.  If you want to enjoy your music without being bothered and want to take advantage of ADEL technology, that's where 64 Audio comes into the picture.  Otherwise, if you want to listen to music while still being aware that your kids trashing the house - AM Pro30 is perfect for that.  And it should also give you brownie points with your wife since you are paying attention while listening to music and watching the kids at the same time lol!!!

May 23, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #5,309 of 9,124
If you want to enjoy your music without being bothered and want to take advantage of ADEL technology, that's where 64 Audio comes into the picture.  Otherwise, if you want to listen to music while still being aware that your kids trashing the house - AM Pro30 is perfect for that.  And it should also give you brownie points with your wife since you are paying attention while listening to music and watching the kids at the same time lol!!!

Got that covered with a Soundbrake
http://www.sundaelectronics.com/

May 24, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #5,310 of 9,124
A fews days ago got the opportunity to try U5,6,8,10 and 12 at the local shop. What a wonderful set of iems! U5 might be a specialty iem, great highs but upper mid a bit hollow sounding, good with certain type of recordings. U6 is wonderful, glorious mids, a bit more in your face presentation, not as colored as Angie, love the tuning. U8 as expected got more bass energy, and vocals take a step back when compared to U6, with similar treble extension. U10, first listen wowed me, v lovely highs, great extension lots of sparkle yet never harsh, simply awesome with live recordings. U12 got a warmer sound, with a slightly more controlled highs, a lot more bass and lower mid bass energy.

The next day I went back again U6 vs U8 I picked U6 for the more in ur face vocals, U10 vs U12 I picked the U10 for the exciting sparkles. Being a JH user, am pleasantly surprised by these iems, and for as far as for universal iems go, these r some of the most comfortable to use with spin fit. Now happily running in my U6 and U10!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back