1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 30, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #4,472 of 9,124
There is no doubt that the a6 is better. I already have a v6s that i pair with a mojo on the go. I also agree that upgrading the iem probably will lead to better sound. I just find it hard to justify the upgrade to the a6 given everything is the same outside the adel module. If the upgrade was to say a a10 or a12 were ...by all means i would agree to the upgrade as you are getting a different iem.The fact you can a new mojo for 600 or a pair of he560s here for around 500 makes it hard to justify just getting an adel module...which gives slightly deeper bass and Soundstage. Thats why i am asking....is there anything more other than a bit ofsoundstage gain and slightly deepr bass. I dont need it for low listening as i rarely go past 15% volume even when using my galaxy s6. Im sure most head fiers would agree, no matter how good the adel tech, the soundstage will never be as big as an open headphone like the he560. It is possible to upgrade the v6s to the a8, but im not fond of the bass signature. I already feel the v6s bass is sufficient and find actually it could use a bit more air in the treble. Oh....what good studio monitors do to your ears...:frowning2:

FWIW, I much prefer the soundstage, instrument placement, and presentation of my A12 over my HE-560.

It's bigger and more realistic (ymmv).

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #4,473 of 9,124
There is no doubt that the a6 is better. I already have a v6s that i pair with a mojo on the go. I also agree that upgrading the iem probably will lead to better sound. I just find it hard to justify the upgrade to the a6 given everything is the same outside the adel module. If the upgrade was to say a a10 or a12 were ...by all means i would agree to the upgrade as you are getting a different iem.The fact you can a new mojo for 600 or a pair of he560s here for around 500 makes it hard to justify just getting an adel module...which gives slightly deeper bass and Soundstage. Thats why i am asking....is there anything more other than a bit ofsoundstage gain and slightly deepr bass. I dont need it for low listening as i rarely go past 15% volume even when using my galaxy s6. Im sure most head fiers would agree, no matter how good the adel tech, the soundstage will never be as big as an open headphone like the he560. It is possible to upgrade the v6s to the a8, but im not fond of the bass signature. I already feel the v6s bass is sufficient and find actually it could use a bit more air in the treble. Oh....what good studio monitors do to your ears...
frown.gif

Actually I can confirm that the driver tuning is different, also there are various upgrades that 64 have made to the guts of the ciem's overtime, I learned of these when asking why my left ciem had a few noticeable changes between my right after having the left repaired.  They are not the same as the old V-series, not in tuning, not in ALL the parts.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #4,474 of 9,124

Actually I can confirm that the driver tuning is different, also there are various upgrades that 64 have made to the guts of the ciem's overtime, I learned of these when asking why my left ciem had a few noticeable changes between my right after having the left repaired.  They are not the same as the old V-series, not in tuning, not in ALL the parts.

I'm going to upgrade my V6-Stage to the A6s. I actually had inquired a few months ago prior to them announcing the upgrade program if they would ever allow V series users to upgrade to the A series, but at the time, they were't allowing for upgrades. They however mentioned that there were a couple of different drivers on the new A6. In addition, 64 Audio stated that when they implemented the ADEL technology, all of the IEMS had to be retuned to accommodate the changes the membrane causes. However, the A6 retains the same character and sound signature from the  V6S, but with the ADEL benefits. 

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #4,476 of 9,124
I'm going to upgrade my V6-Stage to the A6s. I actually had inquired a few months ago prior to them announcing the upgrade program if they would ever allow V series users to upgrade and at the time, they had also mentioned that there were a couple of different drivers on the new A6. In addition, 64 Audio stated that when they implemented the ADEL technology, all of the IEMS had to be retuned to accommodate the changes the membrane causes. However, the A6 retains the same character and sound signature from the  V6S, but with the ADEL benefits. 

Same here. My V8 is getting remade into the A8. I think 64audio deserve a big thumb up to support existing client with a upgrade programme. The work required for them to "upgrade" is the same as (or even more than) just making a new one. They maybe able to reuse some of the drivers but the driver cost themselves are not significant. I see this as a devotion and giving back to us who had been supporting 1964ears. I wish other makers like JH can do the same for updating my jh13 to the 13v2, but I'm not holding my breath for that...

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #4,477 of 9,124
Same here. My V8 is getting remade into the A8. I think 64audio deserve a big thumb up to support existing client with a upgrade programme. The work required for them to "upgrade" is the same as (or even more than) just making a new one. They maybe able to reuse some of the drivers but the driver cost themselves are not significant. I see this as a devotion and giving back to us who had been supporting 1964ears. I wish other makers like JH can do the same for updating my jh13 to the 13v2, but I'm not holding my breath for that...

I agree to this... i will be sending soon also my V8 and be converter to A8...Kudos to 64 Audio....

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #4,478 of 9,124
same here for my 1964 quads (old version of v4 I guess). An upgrade to the A4 will have only benefits I guess...just waiting to get my EM32 back before sending it to 64ears

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #4,480 of 9,124
  Is the dehumidifier necessary?

maybe in time, i put my ciem in a dry cabinet every weekend..this dry cabinet is for my cameras actually....just to get rid of some moisture inside the shell...

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #4,481 of 9,124
Someone who has tried all three or any two of these: U6, U10 and U12, could you please compare the bass quantity between these?

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #4,482 of 9,124
  There are no plans for colored modules at this time, but that's an interesting idea. I'll bounce it off Stephen and Vitaliy. I'm not sure if colored metals are even an option from the machine shop that produces the raw module shells.

On the topic of speaking w/ Vitaliy, is there any chance he can make a new video detailing the current production process w/ 3D printing?

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #4,483 of 9,124
  Someone who has tried all three or any two of these: U6, U10 and U12, could you please compare the bass quantity between these?

I'd say 12, 6, 10. There's not a massive difference between the 6 & 12's sound signature, other than the 12 sounds much fuller and lush. 12 has more bass drivers, so it can pack a more forceful punch than the 6, when it's called for. The 10 is easily the most bass-lite of the 3.

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #4,484 of 9,124
  I'd say 12, 6, 10. There's not a massive difference between the 6 & 12's sound signature, other than the 12 sounds much fuller and lush. 12 has more bass drivers, so it can pack a more forceful punch than the 6, when it's called for. The 10 is easily the most bass-lite of the 3.

Thanks. I am pretty much set on the 12s. It's just that, when I come across comments that state it has an overdone bass, it throws me off and I am back to square one trying to decide between the 12s, 10s and the 6s. Going off of the impressions here, I seem to prefer the Bass of the 6s and the technical capabilities of the 10s and the 12s. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #4,485 of 9,124

doesn't the U6 and U10 both have 2 drivers for Low end? How come the U10 is more Bass Lite ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back