1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 30, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #4,456 of 9,124

I don't think it's worth $500 to upgrade to the A6.  I think it's better if you saved up more money, and get like a A8 or A12.  

@jincuteguy, I think what @bavinck and others in the past, are tying to say is that, you cannot make such subjective remarks when you have not tried the IEM. And even if you have tried the A6 and if you honestly feel it is not worth the upgrade over the V6-S, it would be better if you add a "IMO" in your statement to express your personal subjective opinion.

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #4,457 of 9,124
It is worth mentioning that if you're considering a V series, they will be discontinued shorty, so place your order while the V6-S is available. Everytime somebody is stuck between the V6S and the A6 and has the option to do an A/B comparison at a show, they always go with the A6. Generally speaking if your source is already a good performer, a better IEM leads to superior performance over an amp and a lesser IEM, where an amp isn't 100% needed. If it's matter of headphone + DAP, (rather than continuing to use a phone), that's a real toughy.

However, given that you're not able to listen to both back to back, it's really up to what you feel is best for your situation.

There is no doubt that the a6 is better. I already have a v6s that i pair with a mojo on the go. I also agree that upgrading the iem probably will lead to better sound. I just find it hard to justify the upgrade to the a6 given everything is the same outside the adel module. If the upgrade was to say a a10 or a12 were ...by all means i would agree to the upgrade as you are getting a different iem.The fact you can a new mojo for 600 or a pair of he560s here for around 500 makes it hard to justify just getting an adel module...which gives slightly deeper bass and Soundstage. Thats why i am asking....is there anything more other than a bit ofsoundstage gain and slightly deepr bass. I dont need it for low listening as i rarely go past 15% volume even when using my galaxy s6. Im sure most head fiers would agree, no matter how good the adel tech, the soundstage will never be as big as an open headphone like the he560. It is possible to upgrade the v6s to the a8, but im not fond of the bass signature. I already feel the v6s bass is sufficient and find actually it could use a bit more air in the treble. Oh....what good studio monitors do to your ears...:frowning2:

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #4,458 of 9,124
Given all the back and forth about this versus that, hearing benefits, etc., I just wanted to say that I am still immensely enjoying my u10s. And also 64ears customer service is too notch.

Now as you were gentlemen... Enjoy the music :notes:

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #4,459 of 9,124

@jincuteguy, I think what @bavinck and others in the past, are tying to say is that, you cannot make such subjective remarks when you have not tried the IEM. And even if you have tried the A6 and if you honestly feel it is not worth the upgrade over the V6-S, it would be better if you add a "IMO" in your statement to express your personal subjective opinion.

Well, more than that it is actually against forum rules to comment on gear you do not own. Don't want to mislead people.

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #4,460 of 9,124
Well, more than that it is actually against forum rules to comment on gear you do not own. Don't want to mislead people.

You mean gears you haven't listen to. If limited to gears you own, this would be a pretty boring forum. Also commenting on gears you heard at the meets won't be allow, and that is not the case.

Mar 30, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #4,462 of 9,124
You mean gears you haven't listen to. If limited to gears you own, this would be a pretty boring forum. Also commenting on gears you heard at the meets won't be allow, and that is not the case.

I actually just read through forum rules and could swear they indicated you needed to own (or have owned) gear before recommending them to people. I could be wrong, I will double check. I was surprised when I read it:)

Here is the quote (I was half wrong I guess):
"
Please don't recommend or post reviews of equipment you don't own
 or otherwise don't have a reasonable amount of familiarity with. "

Mar 30, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #4,463 of 9,124
More on topic, I am very much enjoying the u8 sound. Drums sound amazing on these, and even though the bass is clearly a focus mids and wonderful and clear and treble is detailed and smooth. Soundstage is expansive for an iem. Makes me wonder what would get better with the u12...

Mar 30, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #4,464 of 9,124
  More on topic, I am very much enjoying the u8 sound. Drums sound amazing on these, and even though the bass is clearly a focus mids and wonderful and clear and treble is detailed and smooth. Soundstage is expansive for an iem. Makes me wonder what would get better with the u12...

I guess you'll never know until you try it. When I first bought my IE80, I thought the mids were Ok. Something I could live with. Then I had a chance to try a Westone W40 and realized how recessed the mids were on the IE80. And now I am back to listening to the IE80, and don't have any complaints about the mids. But the fact that I now know there are IEMs out there with better mids, makes me want to explore and upgrade.

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #4,470 of 9,124
  Does anyone who tried U8 and own A8, or tried U12 and own A12 can compare the sound difference between the Universal fit and Custom fit?

Twister 6's review - http://www.head-fi.org/products/1964-ears-adel-a12-custom-iem/reviews/15405

Users who are viewing this thread

Back