1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 28, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #4,426 of 9,124
  The V6-S are not bass light by any means. I think that they have an ideal amount of bass to be very versatile and prior to the ADEL series, they were 64 Audio's best sellers. Compared to my U8s, they are more balanced, but even though the U8s have a very nice bass emphasis, I don't find that they overwhelm the rest of the sound. I really like them and from what I've been told, they share similarities to the U4s. Perhaps, the source was not the best when you tried them and tips really play a big role. But if you can, go with customs for playing live.

I definitely want to go with customs. I was just wondering whether I would solve the bass-shy V6-S demo (at least with the tips supplied by 64 Audio) with the custom or whether they would still be bass-shy for my purpose. You are likely right about the source as well.

I'd really recommend listening to the U3. Generally speaking, when people are sorta MEH on the U4s, I have them listen to the 3s and they love them. The 4s and 5s tend to be really specific for their use, they either tick your boxes 100% of leave you feeling very lackluster. The more drivers, doesn't mean better. So if it's an option (I don't know if you were sent just the one pair, or multiple pairs of ears), give the 3 a listen.

Our worship leader (vocals, guitar) just got the A3 and loves them. That makes perfect sense for his purposes. I would have demo'd the A3 at the same time as the others if I could but it was going to be a couple week wait, and I wanted to try out what I could over the Easter weekend.

I do. My account being updated to show that has been a very long headache that is supposed to be getting resolved shortly.

The 4's are generally aimed at DJs, drummers or bass players, that want a bit more sub bass. And the 5's are for singers, since it's 4 mids and 1 mid-bass. You can imagine why that wouldn't be ideal for overall listening, the 5's are really for singers that don't want to hear things out side of their range. 

There's guidelines on the models on the website, for which is recommended for which application, but again it's just a guideline. At NAMM, I had a number of people saying they played this or that instrument but preferred a model that wasn't recommended for their instrument. Don't feel locked into the guidelines, they're a starting place.

But going off you preferring the V6-S, I'd still say the 3's or the 6's if it's not out of the price range. 

I'm not sure if the V6-S comment was directed at me ... if the A6 is the sweet spot between the A4 and V6-S, I would consider it.

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #4,427 of 9,124
  So I looked at all the CIEMs from Noble Audio, and their Custom IEMs  look so good , like extraordinary.  How come 64 Audio doesnt have that aesthestic quality for CIEM?  
Like look at all the CIEM that the Wizard did, they just look way better,  so I dont know what 1964 use to create CIEM but they don't look as good as Wizard created.

It's because 64 3D prints their IEMs. This gives them a 90% success rate of a perfect fit on the first try, rather than the industry standard 60%. 64 feels that a better fitting IEM with a perfect seal is more important than the IEM looking ultra flashy.

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #4,428 of 9,124
  It's because 64 3D prints their IEMs. This gives them a 90% success rate of a perfect fit on the first try, rather than the industry standard 60%. 64 feels that a better fitting IEM with a perfect seal is more important than the IEM looking ultra flashy.

60% industry standard? Where do these figures come from? It must include some doing pretty bad work if that is accurate.

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #4,430 of 9,124

60% industry standard? Where do these figures come from? It must include some doing pretty bad work if that is accurate.

Jude did a feature on UE who pioneered 3D printing of IEMs, comparing the old way vs 3D printing,

The manual tweaks done to impressions before the customs are molded, involves estimations (inaccurate and  probable causes of fit issues), hence higher rate of returns for fitting changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rP4CLxw5_0

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #4,431 of 9,124

60% sound about right with my personal experience with customs, but I do notice my success rate seems to be higher these days than compared to a few years ago.

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #4,434 of 9,124

I'm not sure if the V6-S comment was directed at me ... if the A6 is the sweet spot between the A4 and V6-S, I would consider it.

I'm pretty sure the V6-S and A6 share the same sound signature.
If you're willing to wait, I would suggest taking the time to demo the A3 and the V8. Otherwise, I think the V8 may be what you're looking for. My assumption is that the V8 = V6-S with two extra bass drivers. This is because when I asked 1964EARS about converting my original V6 to the V8, they said they were only able to convert the V6-S to the V8.

EDIT: The stuff I wrote seems to be wrong, refer to post #4490

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #4,435 of 9,124
60% sound about right with my personal experience with customs, but I do notice my success rate seems to be higher these days than compared to a few years ago.

I have had one refit done since having customs since 2012, that was from InEarz, they said that they have raised their success rate higher since those days.

Mar 29, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #4,436 of 9,124
I'll start of my saying that the A12 is the best sounding IEM I have ever heard, and 64 Audio has excellent customer service. However with regards to fit, they had to do two refits and one remold to get it right.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #4,437 of 9,124
I'll start of my saying that the A12 is the best sounding IEM I have ever heard, and 64 Audio has excellent customer service. However with regards to fit, they had to do two refits and one remold to get it right.

Yea, even though I haevn't heard any CIEM with the ADEL module from them yet, but soon cause I ordered the A8, should be getting it in 4 weeks.  I hope the ADEL will live up to its Hype cause I don't want the ADEL module make the sounds has less details and clear compare to a regular IEM without the ADEL.
So I'm excited as well as hoping the ADEL module won't disappoint me.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #4,438 of 9,124
  Yea, even though I haevn't heard any CIEM with the ADEL module from them yet, but soon cause I ordered the A8, should be getting it in 4 weeks.  I hope the ADEL will live up to its Hype cause I don't want the ADEL module make the sounds has less details and clear compare to a regular IEM without the ADEL.
So I'm excited as well as hoping the ADEL module won't disappoint me.

I can't speak for the A8, but if the module is what gives the incredible soundstage, you will be happy with that aspect.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #4,440 of 9,124

If you need to remake your ear mold impression to get a correct fit would't that mean the issue lies with your audiologist not making a good impression the first time rather than the CIEM maker? Or did I miss sth here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back