1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 24, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #4,262 of 9,124
Can anyone say anything about ES60 vs A12/U12?
They seem to be the best i like so far whats on the market.
Literally which is the best IEM/CIEM right now?

The best IEM is the JH Audio Layla II ($2799).  Go with 1964 Audio A12, it prevent  you from getting your Ears damaged.  Besides 1964 Audio IEMs and JH Audio, there are no other good IEMs out there atm.
These 2 companies are the Top right now.

Mar 24, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #4,263 of 9,124
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that 64 is working with the cable manufacturer to make some changes to help with this problem. We expect these changes to be implemented by the end of April. 

For current customers that are having issues with your cables, please contact customer service and we will look into it by a case by case, but we have been replacing most of them at no cost. 

1. Phone: 503-746-8510
Or Email: support@64audio.com

Mar 24, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #4,264 of 9,124
  Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that 64 is working with the cable manufacturer to make some changes to help with this problem. We expect these changes to be implemented by the end of April. 

For current customers that are having issues with your cables, please contact customer service and we will look into it by a case by case, but we have been replacing most of them at no cost. 

Well Im about to go get my EArs Impressions and prob order the A8, would I have these cable problem? 

Mar 24, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #4,265 of 9,124

Covered it in my A12/U12 review a few weeks ago, comparing to ES60: http://www.head-fi.org/products/1964-ears-adel-a12-custom-iem/reviews/15405 - read the comparison toward the end.  Also, had K10UA vs ES60 comparison in K10UA review (in my signature below).

Mar 24, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #4,267 of 9,124

The best IEM is the JH Audio Layla II ($2799).  Go with 1964 Audio A12, it prevent  you from getting your Ears damaged.  Besides 1964 Audio IEMs and JH Audio, there are no other good IEMs out there atm.

How about Noble and Empire Ears?  They also have a few products over $2k to qualify being the Top
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #4,268 of 9,124

Scroll down to the comparison part of this review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/1964-ears-adel-a12-custom-iem/reviews/15405

What sounds best to you, may not be the best for some one else. I have seen your post in the Siren Series thread. Based on your post, is it safe to assume that you have not tried the Layla II? If so, there is a 50/50 chance that, even you may not like the IEM afterall.

Price and Driver Count are not ideal indicators of the performance level of an IEM. Even going by the price there is the Shure KSE 1500 priced at $3000 and by driver count Empire Ears Zeus boasts 14 drivers.

There are many more important and critical factors when it comes to an IEM such as tuning, driver placement, phase coherency, implementation, crossover etc..

Plenty of choices out there and the wise thing to do would be to buy the one that floats your boat.

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #4,269 of 9,124

Will this fix be implemented into orders currently in production?

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #4,270 of 9,124

Veil? On the 12's? Personally, I have never by any stretch considered mine to be veiled. On the contrary, they sound very lifelike.

Absolutely veiled to me. The DAP one uses also can contribute or help.

I would very seriously check the output-impedance of the amp-stage

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #4,271 of 9,124

Obviously personal opinion. The Layla is too bass light for me. 

As far as saving your hearing, I'd like to see proof of that. I own the A12's and to me, loud is loud, and loud can hurt your hearing. Pressure or no pressure. Come stand behind my bike for a few minutes as I rev it and let me know if your ears ring. Also let me know if there was any pressure in your ears.

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #4,273 of 9,124

I would very seriously check the output-impedance of the amp-stage

I'm not the only one that has said that though. I will change it on my Calyx now and see if any improvement.

Fair enough.

I'm not making excuses for 64.

I suppose the fact that the A12 is known to have some bass emphasis may, in itself, lead to a perception that there is (relatively) less midband presence and less treble presence, and thus a subjective impression, to some listeners, that perhaps there might be a slight veiling to the sound character.

Regarding the Calyx-M, though, that is known to struggle to correctly drive some impedances, isn't it? I recall they even had to introduce an in-line impedance adapter, didn't they?

I'd try with an iBasso DAP, as they're generally quite low output-impedance

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #4,274 of 9,124

Fair enough.

I'm not making excuses for 64.

I suppose the fact that the A12 is known to have some bass emphasis may, in itself, lead to a perception that there is (relatively) less midband presence and less treble presence, and thus a subjective impression, to some listeners, that perhaps there might be a slight veiling to the sound character.

Regarding the Calyx-M, though, that is known to struggle to correctly drive some impedances, isn't it? I recall they even had to introduce an in-line impedance adapter, didn't they?

I'd try with an iBasso DAP, as they're generally quite low output-impedance

Thanks for the suggestion. You made my day. It helped.

There are 3 settings for Impedance Matching.

Low- 7-16
Mid- 16-24
High- 24+

I had it set at Low. I switched to Mid and it is much better. What should the A12's be set at?

These are bass heavy and not known to have great treble extension, and hence the warm sound.

Thanks,
Ken

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #4,275 of 9,124
In
These 2 companies are the Top

Users who are viewing this thread

Back