1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 24, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #4,291 of 9,124
In
The best IEM is the JH Audio Layla II ($2799).  Go with 1964 Audio A12, it prevent  you from getting your Ears damaged.  Besides 1964 Audio IEMs and JH Audio, there are no other good IEMs out there atm.
These 2 companies are the Top

What is better in the Layla compared to the A12?

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #4,292 of 9,124
Does anyone really own both top IEM in the world? don't count the LAB 1 from Final Audio out.

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #4,293 of 9,124
I sold the Mojo/AK320 combo. I didn't like the SQ. Detailed but too thin sounding. Interestingly enough, the guy I sold it to also turned around and sold it for same reason.

I didn't have the A12's long at that point.

I have Whiplash TWag gold/silver and also their Silver Litz cable. I have to go back and compare both now that I changed the impedance settings on the Calyx M.

if mojo is thin sounding to u, then i am really curious about what u use?

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #4,294 of 9,124
Does anyone really own both top IEM in the world? don't count the LAB 1 from Final Audio out.

I own or have owned the LAB 1, Ref.1, K3003, Jupiter, Parterre, K10U. (Not sure if these would be considered "best in the world") Of these, I prefer my U12 due to its expansive soundstage, precise imaging and sense of realism.

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #4,296 of 9,124
These guys with the Adel, do they do that suction thing with silicon tips? Just trying out my new u8s, and am feeling like I have a good seal (Spiral dots) but more like how a comply seals without the super suction thing. A little tiny bit of suction, but not as much as I normally get with my iems.

I had to stop using the spinfits.  I was told they go in deep.  The problem was they stayed in my ear a few times.  Once I pushed it in deeper and had to get tweezers and to pull them out.  However, I modded my W4R with the spinfits and they work great on those.  I ended up using the star tips from Westone on my U12.  No chance of those coming off.

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #4,297 of 9,124
I had to stop using the spinfits.  I was told they go in deep.  The problem was they stayed in my ear a few times.  Once I pushed it in deeper and had to get tweezers and to pull them out.  However, I modded my W4R with the spinfits and they work great on those.  I ended up using the star tips from Westone on my U12.  No chance of those coming off.

What does this have to do with my question?

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #4,299 of 9,124
Just a quick update on my cable issue - and testament to the service of 1964Ears. I heard from Alex earlier today. They've already issued an RMA order, arranged a replacement cable, and will be sending it out to NZ (along with my case and accessories - which initially went missing).

I'm going to send the original able back to them so they can talk to their manufacturer.  Apart from the broken side piece, I have no issues with the cable, and am more than happy with a replacement.

And once again this shows (to me anyway) what a great company 1964Ears are to deal with. No fuss, no debates - just acknowledgement of the problem, and willingness to work towards the best solution possible.

I have no doubt at all that I'll continue buying their products for years to come.

U6 review should be posted sometime in the coming weekend.

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #4,300 of 9,124
I own or have owned the LAB 1, Ref.1, K3003, Jupiter, Parterre, K10U. (Not sure if these would be considered "best in the world") Of these, I prefer my U12 due to its expansive soundstage, precise imaging and sense of realism.

Why didn't you go with the Custom A12? I thought Custom is much better and more comfortable wearing?

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #4,301 of 9,124

Does the U12 have good Bass?

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #4,302 of 9,124
  Just a quick update on my cable issue - and testament to the service of 1964Ears. I heard from Alex earlier today. They've already issued an RMA order, arranged a replacement cable, and will be sending it out to NZ (along with my case and accessories - which initially went missing).

I'm going to send the original able back to them so they can talk to their manufacturer.  Apart from the broken side piece, I have no issues with the cable, and am more than happy with a replacement.

And once again this shows (to me anyway) what a great company 1964Ears are to deal with. No fuss, no debates - just acknowledgement of the problem, and willingness to work towards the best solution possible.

I have no doubt at all that I'll continue buying their products for years to come.

I stayed out of the posts talking about ******** that followed your post last night  and waited for 64 to do what they did for me which was their job. They resolved my issue. Glad they showed it to be a pattern...a good pattern which is not as gimmie in this business.

Looking forward to the review!

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #4,303 of 9,124
These guys with the Adel, do they do that suction thing with silicon tips? Just trying out my new u8s, and am feeling like I have a good seal (Spiral dots) but more like how a comply seals without the super suction thing. A little tiny bit of suction, but not as much as I normally get with my iems.

I think the modules/ADEL technology contribute to the loss of suction/pressure. I briefly tested out my U12 without any modules and there was zero suction, and it actually felt weird. When I used my fingers to block the vents there was more suction than with the auto modules, so I'm guessing with the MAM fully closed there would also be slightly more suction.

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #4,304 of 9,124

+1

The did 2 refits and 1 remold. The turned around the refits the same week received, and the remold in 6 days.

Mar 25, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #4,305 of 9,124
  I think the modules/ADEL technology contribute to the loss of suction/pressure. I briefly tested out my U12 without any modules and there was zero suction, and it actually felt weird. When I used my fingers to block the vents there was more suction than with the auto modules, so I'm guessing with the MAM fully closed there would also be slightly more suction.

So with the ADEL module, there is less pressure when u put the U12 in  your ears? And when u take out the ADEL module, u feel the pressure again just like any other IEM? is that what u said?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back