1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 23, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #4,231 of 9,124
Would appreciate some advise. I own a number of very high end IEMs from Shure 846, Noble K10, Unique Melody Mentor, Rhapsodio Galaxy, and a slew of other great, and less expensive IEMs.

I would really like to purchase something from 64Ears in a universal model. Which model should I be looking at to complement what I already own? I don't want something similar to what I have already, but something new and exciting! Thanks.

Mar 23, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #4,232 of 9,124
  Would appreciate some advise. I own a number of very high end IEMs from Shure 846, Noble K10, Unique Melody Mentor, Rhapsodio Galaxy, and a slew of other great, and less expensive IEMs.

I would really like to purchase something from 64Ears in a universal model. Which model should I be looking at to complement what I already own? I don't want something similar to what I have already, but something new and exciting! Thanks.

Probably either U8 (if you want more bass slam) or U12 (the flagship!) to compliment your other IEMs.

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #4,233 of 9,124

The U8  fits the part underlined.

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #4,234 of 9,124
@Hawaiibadboy, you ever tried JVC Spiral Dots? I like the clear FLC8s tips too, large. Not many tips are big enough or have the right shape for me, large spiral dots do the trick everytime.

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #4,235 of 9,124
  @Hawaiibadboy, you ever tried JVC Spiral Dots? I like the clear FLC8s tips too, large. Not many tips are big enough or have the right shape for me, large spiral dots do the trick everytime.

No never tried em'. Might have to get some as thee U8 need a big tip and I don't have any like the FLC8 tips.
Maybe time for some JVC tips. Which size color?

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #4,236 of 9,124

No never tried em'. Might have to get some as thee U8 need a big tip and I don't have any like the FLC8 tips.
Maybe time for some JVC tips. Which size color?

Left is Spinfit, middle is spiral dot and right is Ortofon. I got this pic from another Headfier, but I prefer the Spinfit to the Spiral dot, because it goes deeper, but the Spiral Dot has a wider bore. 

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #4,238 of 9,124
Spin fit vs Spiral dot I think is a matter of inner ear shape. I cannot get the spin fit to seal no matter the size, because of the pointy shape on the end. The flc8s tips, and Spiral dots (and a couple others) work for me, which is why I suggested them for Hawaii. JVC Spiral dots large are what I use.

Tips are cheap though, get a whole bunch of different kinds of eBay or amazon and go nutz!

Word!

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #4,239 of 9,124
After seeing Jude's recent CanJam post, I was very intrigued with the ADEL technology and I'm now considering purchasing a model from the U-Series line. However, I'm very concerned with several reports of cable failures, which is troubling especially with products at this price point. I've not done business with 64 Audio before, but from what I've seen they seem to be a company committed to producing high quality products. Including a cable with a slightly more robust connector would seem like a reasonable expectation.

Is anyone aware if 64 Audio has acknowledged the cable failure issue and announced plans for improving the design to eliminate future failures?

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #4,240 of 9,124
Spin fit vs Spiral dot I think is a matter of inner ear shape. I cannot get the spin fit to seal no matter the size, because of the pointy shape on the end. The flc8s tips, and Spiral dots (and a couple others) work for me, which is why I suggested them for Hawaii. JVC Spiral dots large are what I use.

Tips are cheap though, get a whole bunch of different kinds of eBay or amazon and go nutz!

Word!

Well if FLC8 fit you like me which is perfect then I am ordering the L size Spiral dots. Thanks
beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #4,241 of 9,124

Well if FLC8 fit you like me which is perfect then I am ordering the L size Spiral dots. Thanks
beerchug.gif

my solemn advise, I have jvc tips, they seal poorly no matter what size, get RHA dual silicon tips man

i have comply, jvc spiral, sony hybrids, spinfit, sureseal, westone, shure olives, I have them all in different sizes

the best tips for sound and seal are RHA tips end of story

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #4,242 of 9,124
  After seeing Jude's recent CanJam post, I was very intrigued with the ADEL technology and I'm now considering purchasing a model from the U-Series line. However, I'm very concerned with several reports of cable failures, which is troubling especially with products at this price point. I've not done business with 64 Audio before, but from what I've seen they seem to be a company committed to producing high quality products. Including a cable with a slightly more robust connector would seem like a reasonable expectation.

Is anyone aware if 64 Audio has acknowledged the cable failure issue and announce plans for improving the design to eliminate future failures?

I am also intrigued with Jude's endorsement, certainly considering active ADEL when it becomes available for my wife (she's deaf in her left ear, possibly arising from complications being born in a breached position).

Regarding the broken cables, I suspect it could be related to the way the cables are getting packed into the rather fitting groove of the 64 Audio box. Personally, I try to pack it so the connectors sleeves are as far away from the grove (not a lot of room  ....  touch wood, I hope the cables will last).

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #4,243 of 9,124
  my solemn advise, I have jvc tips, they seal poorly no matter what size, get RHA dual silicon tips man

i have comply, jvc spiral, sony hybrids, spinfit, sureseal, westone, shure olives, I have them all in different sizes

the best tips for sound and seal are RHA tips end of story

Just to clarity, you're talking about these

http://www.amazon.com/RHA-Dual-Density-Silicone-Earphone/dp/B017A9ETB4/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1458805884&sr=1-2-fkmr2&keywords=rha+dual+silicon+tips

and not these correct?

http://www.amazon.com/RHA-Replacement-Double-Silicone-Earphones/dp/B017A8WU5M/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1458805884&sr=1-1-fkmr2&keywords=rha+dual+silicon+tips

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #4,244 of 9,124
  Just to clarity, you're talking about these

http://www.amazon.com/RHA-Dual-Density-Silicone-Earphone/dp/B017A9ETB4/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1458805884&sr=1-2-fkmr2&keywords=rha+dual+silicon+tips

and not these correct?

http://www.amazon.com/RHA-Replacement-Double-Silicone-Earphones/dp/B017A8WU5M/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1458805884&sr=1-1-fkmr2&keywords=rha+dual+silicon+tips

yes its the first link, but get different sizes as it can be tricky which one fits you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back