1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 31, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #32 of 9,124

is the kickstarter up or is this from somewhere else? also, are those dynamics accompanied by anything else? you said nothing less...

Not until the 5th from what I hear.... 

Oh, when I stated "nothing less" I meant no ADEL CIEMs with less than 10 drivers - new flagships...

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #33 of 9,124

is the kickstarter up or is this from somewhere else? also, are those dynamics accompanied by anything else? you said nothing less...

I'm surprised that it's on the main homepage and not the ADEL page.... https://www.1964ears.com/ . 

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #35 of 9,124
But these will not destroy your hearing thanks to that fancy ambient port :) 

Seriously, someone needs to explain this strange miraculous technlogoy to me, because right now it seems just like useless bass reduction lowering isolation.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 1, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #37 of 9,124
Regarding the vent.  I don't see what the real benefit is.  Vents are typically used for dynamic or hybrid driver iems.  You see vents on 1p2 or micro dynamics or bigger dynamics. BA drivers are different functionally.

One dynamic driver iem that has important functionality of the vents is the ie800.  It has dual vents.  If you close off one 7k boost, and the other 8k boosts.  Both, the in between.  One of them blocked also drops the bass.  Since the ie800 is not a deep inserted iem, the canal distance of the shallow insertion creates a half wave resonances of specific wavelengh in the high frequencies like the 7k or 8k.  So the vents surve a purpose to eleviate that.  So for hybrids, the vent is for the bass.  Releasing pressure in the canal that has built up, and the back chamber for general ease of dynamic driver movement.  Some vent experiment Rin did with ie800.  

d2ca.png

damping.png

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #38 of 9,124
Have you read the research by Vanderbilt on the ADEL page? The vent has a membrane in it, so it's not just a vent. This membrane doesn't let air pass through but moves to absorb the pressures created by the drivers. in the study it shows that because these pressures are not triggering your acoustic reflex you perceive the sound 10db louder. If this "port" would let any ambience in, it would be crushed buy the +10db perception. Its louder without being louder. It tricks your ear into thinking it's not closed sealed, but more like your listening to a pair of ns10's in a studio. I can only imagine the fidelity that can be accomplished with this isolation but not isolation.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #39 of 9,124
  But these will not destroy your hearing thanks to that fancy ambient port :) 

Seriously, someone needs to explain this strange miraculous technlogoy to me, because right now it seems just like useless bass reduction lowering isolation.

I need to look up bass reduction lowering isolation - does it do that too? That would be miraculous technologoy!

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #40 of 9,124
Have you read the research by Vanderbilt on the ADEL page? The vent has a membrane in it, so it's not just a vent. This membrane doesn't let air pass through but moves to absorb the pressures created by the drivers. in the study it shows that because these pressures are not triggering your acoustic reflex you perceive the sound 10db louder. If this "port" would let any ambience in, it would be crushed buy the +10db perception. Its louder without being louder. It tricks your ear into thinking it's not closed sealed, but more like your listening to a pair of ns10's in a studio. I can only imagine the fidelity that can be accomplished with this isolation but not isolation.

Actually it does let air pass through. The OP image show flow of air. It let air out through the membrane.  Using a membrane probably releases the pressure, but at the same time does the not in air maintaining the isolation?  Although the graph shows the bass drop(likely from the release of pressure), but at the same time smooths out the response at the top. But, the study was using universals. I don't quite understand how the perception of loudness elevated, but the study was done on it.  But, yeah using the membrane is quite different from a typical vent.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #41 of 9,124

this was useful. i don't doubt it doesn't work. i'm mostly worried about what we can expect from the sound. particularly the universals

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #42 of 9,124
The original OP was probly not accurate, probly why they changed it. If you look at the tip there is a film, that's the membrane. It's so thin it's barely visible. A slight bass tuning adjustment can more than compensate for a few db bass loss. That also why they're not just putting it in the current models like s gimmick because the A-12 will be tuned for the ADEL tech. Kind of like a new engine always is mated with a new transmission. From what I hear its the new benchmark, can't wait to hear it.

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #43 of 9,124
The original OP was probly not accurate, probly why they changed it. If you look at the tip there is a film, that's the membrane. It's so thin it's barely visible. A slight bass tuning adjustment can more than compensate for a few db bass loss. That also why they're not just putting it in the current models like s gimmick because the A-12 will be tuned for the ADEL tech. Kind of like a new engine always is mated with a new transmission. From what I hear its the new benchmark, can't wait to hear it.

How is the pressure being released without venting?  Isn't that the valve's functionality?

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #45 of 9,124
  Regarding the vent.  I don't see what the real benefit is.  Vents are typically used for dynamic or hybrid driver iems.  You see vents on 1p2 or micro dynamics or bigger dynamics. BA drivers are different functionally.

One dynamic driver iem that has important functionality of the vents is the ie800.  It has dual vents.  If you close off one 7k boost, and the other 8k boosts.  Both, the in between.  One of them blocked also drops the bass.  Since the ie800 is not a deep inserted iem, the canal distance of the shallow insertion creates a half wave resonances of specific wavelengh in the high frequencies like the 7k or 8k.  So the vents surve a purpose to eleviate that.  So for hybrids, the vent is for the bass.  Releasing pressure in the canal that has built up, and the back chamber for general ease of dynamic driver movement.  Some vent experiment Rin did with ie800.  

d2ca.png

damping.png

Actually...someone opened up their IE800 and realized the bottom vent is purely aesthetic and is blocked. Only the top vent actually has a hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back