1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #61 of 9,124
"As for the tuning of the 10-driver and 12-driver models, he wasn't exactly sure yet how they would be tuned, but he expects one of them to have a 'natural' tuning, and the other to have a more 'bassier' tuning."

Again just a guess, but the A10 is the natural tuning and the A12 is an A10 with two additional bass drivers for the bassier tuning.

I wonder if there will be an option to order the A10 in universal form?

I think it'll be A12 with a natural tuning and A10 with a bassier tuning? Since only the 12 drivers can be divided evenly into the 3 frequency categories
12 drivers = 4 low, 4 mid, 4 high
10 drivers = 4 low, 3 mid, 3 high

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #62 of 9,124

I think it'll be A12 with a natural tuning and A10 with a bassier tuning? Since only the 12 drivers can be divided evenly into the 3 frequency categories
12 drivers = 4 low, 4 mid, 4 high
10 drivers = 4 low, 3 mid, 3 high

Unless they go with a 4-way crossover like the Noble K10:

2 bass, 2 mid, 2 mid/high, 2 high, 2 super high.

If the V6 and V8 are anything to go by, I suspect the A10 will be natural and A12 bassier. But we should find out soon, hopefully tomorrow as @Ivabign mentioned that he thought they would launch the kickstarter on Nov 5.

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #63 of 9,124

Unless they go with a 4-way crossover like the Noble K10:

2 bass, 2 mid, 2 mid/high, 2 high, 2 super high.

If the V6 and V8 are anything to go by, I suspect the A10 will be natural and A12 bassier. But we should find out soon, hopefully tomorrow as @Ivabign mentioned that he thought they would launch the kickstarter on Nov 5.

Well i hope it turns out as you have mentioned, i prefer a more balanced signature and A10 would save me around $200 compared to A12 :)
It is launching on 5th November, they already sent out an email.

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #64 of 9,124

Well i hope it turns out as you have mentioned, i prefer a more balanced signature and A10 would save me around $200 compared to A12 :)
It is launching on 5th November, they already sent out an email.

They sent out an e-mail? I haven't received anything. When did you receive that e-mail?

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #65 of 9,124
  They sent out an e-mail? I haven't received anything. When did you receive that e-mail?

30th Oct, read through their msg and you'll see the date they mentioned.
They made an error though, November 5th is Wednesday but they wrote as Tuesday lol

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #66 of 9,124
Gosh just got my wife V6 Stage for her Bday when they launched last year and got Hear audio 8.A's and a rare pair of 6.A's last year for myself ... but now we are gonna have to order the A12 especially for the discounted price!!!

I am of course interested in better sound quality but in addition the idea of saving my ears and upgradability are APPEALING!

So how many of you guys are interested in the saving your hearing aspect/upgradablity stuff or JUST want moar drivers? LOL

I hope there is some new info or they have a pair we can drive to and test hehehe

:)

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #67 of 9,124
  Gosh just got my wife V6 Stage for her Bday when they launched last year and got Hear audio 8.A's and a rare pair of 6.A's last year for myself ... but now we are gonna have to order the A12 especially for the discounted price!!!

I am of course interested in better sound quality but in addition the idea of saving my ears and upgradability are APPEALING!

So how many of you guys are interested in the saving your hearing aspect/upgradablity stuff or JUST want moar drivers? LOL

I hope there is some new info or they have a pair we can drive to and test hehehe

:)

I'm actually interested in the saving your hearing aspect, but only if the CIEM also sounds good and it doesn't make it sound weird or reduces isolation. Just went to an audiologist the other day and at about 8000Hz my hearing starts to roll off. I guess my ears have rolled off treble :) haha. Wen to too many parties when I was younger, I now need to be more careful with my hearing. Also have very mild tinnitus, don't want it to get worse.

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #69 of 9,124

30th Oct, read through their msg and you'll see the date they mentioned.
They made an error though, November 5th is Wednesday but they wrote as Tuesday lol

Is that the same day you registered?

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #71 of 9,124
Is that the same day you registered?

Nope. Registered the 1st day it was announced.
Maybe it's not the Adel subscription but the normal 1964 Ears subscription.

Attached a screenshot.

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #74 of 9,124
  November 5th is here.  Has anyone received information on the Kickstarter campaign?

Nope, still waiting to receive info. Searching the Kickstarter site gave no results. The websites of 1964ears/1964adel haven't been updated either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back